- Global Admin
- Posts: 3091
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:34 am
Over the past several years, two areas of the server saw significant RP investment by players: Boareskyr Bridge and Triel. In the former case, the fortification of the area by multiple groups (and the continuing residence of various factions of ill intent) to defend against the devil and demon wars. In the latter, the protracted investment in the building up of the Hellrider fort over two years.
The in-game state of these maps has not kept up with these RP developments. Boareskyr was still empty, and Triel was a couple of tents on a hill. Next content update, that will no longer be the case. Both maps are getting significant overhauls to reflect the RP that has happened here, and both areas are populated to some degree by tokens of the RP factions that have invested in them.
Aside from timeline updates, these maps are also seeing a few other changes:
- Both Triel and Boareskyr have been given new lighting schemes based on my Northwest Tradeway lighting set. This means vibrant sunrises and sunsets, and dark nights. Remember to bring your torches (or light spells)!
- Both Triel and Boareskyr now use the persistent weather system from the Northwest Tradeway. When the first player enters either of the areas, a random die is rolled, modified by the current season, to determine what weather the zone will have for the entire reset. This weather effect will not change until the next reset, and includes appropriate ambient effects (and eventually fog changes, once I can figure that function out). As we are currently in winter, both zones have a chance of snow.
- Triel, now the site of a castle under construction (interior to come in a later update), is returning to the living game world. The caravan will be removed and instead players will be able to transition to and from Triel at East Chionthar, Reaching Woods, and North Tradeway. Note that only players with the Writ of Service are permitted in Triel. Hellrider patrols will turn away all others.
- The top levels of the Bridgefort are now populated by northern barony troops, but the minotaurs continue to skulk in the dungeons below. Lieutenant Morgan on the first floor will give players seeking to fight the minotaurs a key to the lower levels, and he will, like Thunderhammer in Beregost, now offer a 75gp gold reward for each minotaur horn players bring him. Note that you lose the key when you leave the area.
- The Boareskyr tent town has grown in size, as many refugees from the ravaged western lands settle behind the wooden barricades left behind by the Order of the Radiant Heart and their allies on the eastern side of the bridge. This area is now closer to its pnp depictions, as a fully-fledged tent town (if still smaller than Soubar). Canon NPCs Barim Stagwinter and Theskul Mirroreye are now present as well, and may offer quests in the future to enterprising adventurers.
- For those looking to avoid the troops at Bridgefort, Nobby's boats can now be used to cross the Winding Water river to skirt along the outside of the fort's walls. Alternatively, as before, taking the road through the Trollclaws north into the Northwest Tradeway offers another way around.
- For those doing the Rival Merchants quest in Boareskyr, the rival merchant now spawns at the western dock, rather than near the Bridgefort.
Boareskyr Bridge Updates