Hoppy Toadmeadow Very active
Elvaene De'lindessa Semi-active
Nina Tidytoes (Plar) Inactive
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Re: Coming soon: Feytouched

Unread post by chad878262 »

A few pieces of feedback...

1. 43% chance of no cool down faystep is OP. Especially with only 14% chance of daze. Why not make it d6 with 1 being dazed and 6 being no cool down?
Edit to add: Considering this is a warlock dark invocation (Otherworldly Leap) but better because in every case but when you roll a 1 the cooldown is shorter than that invocation it is a major power up to a standard "Con-Lock." Even if they are dazed their buffs will keep them safe, especially since they have an extra dark invocation they can grab.

2. Wild embrace has no real penalty...DC 15 will save its nothing for a sorcerer and adding d3 means they can cast at least 5 spells and probably more like 7-10 before they have any chance of failure. Not a big deal, but by going S6/AM4/BM10/FT10 as example you hit CL38 which pretty strong considering it is for all spell schools. Could do quite a bit more for enchantment and to a lesser extent necromancy and illusion by mixing in shadow adept. Could end up with better dc or similar dc to a wizard, but in far more spell schools.

It looks very flavorful, but I would suggest testing combos like above as well as for instance s6/fm10/ft10/am4 which may be able to hit very hard with some of the more powerful rta spells (though maybe not as good as mixing in Arcane scholar)
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Nemni
Custom Content

Unread post by Nemni »

I actually had it at 1/7 chance for feat reset and 1/7 chance to daze at first. But when I tested it it felt pretty bad. Using it with Wild Embrace should be a risk, but it shouldn't feel like you are better off turning the mode off. I might make it reset on just 6 and 7 though.
Otherworldly Leap is just a 30 second cooldown, not 102 seconds like feystep. No reason a warlock couldn't use them both if they wanted to jump around. Or, as any class, just pick up a dimension door wand.

Yeah if you start buffing after login the chance to fail at first is basically none. But the point is that it keeps increasing until you eventually fail or stop casting with the mode. But I originally designed this for warlocks who basically cast all the time, maybe need to tweak it for sorcerers. On the other hand the cost of losing a spell to madness is higher for them than for warlocks.

As for casterlevels, the way I see it is as a sorc you can raise it with boodmage/archmage/shadowadept/feytouched. You can only pick 3 of those, not all 4. Sure if you go feytouched rather than shadowadept you get it for all schools, instead of being weaker in some. But on the other hand the shadowadept bonus is far higher and you don't risk going mad using that... Feytouched mostly benefits enchantment school which is clearly not the strongest.

Also keep in mind that the required fey heritage must be taken at level 1, which is also when you need to pickup spellcasting prodigy. Highest CHA races like aasimar and drow can't get both. The other CL classes don't have that problem.
blowuup

Unread post by blowuup »

Have considered this class for Bards too? It does seem thematic enough.

They get enchantment spells, and I don't see how it could be too overpowered.
Masero

My Characters
Aria "Traveling Sorceress and Monster Slayer"
Edazarode "Champion of Tempos"
Nigel Oldfield "Butler of Darkhold"
Nemni
Custom Content

Unread post by Nemni »

I dunno, this sort of offensive spellcasting is not what I typically associate with a bard. Besides they have 2 custom made prcs already :)
Kiran

Unread post by Kiran »

Loving any new content, no idea if overpowered or not, but I love it is towards Warlocks and Sorcerers as they are typically the ones missing some love.

Awesome stuff.
Player of:

Damian Pascal, - Run away/dead. - Background - Corruption from Within
Amenthes Serb, Knight - Gone missing/Supposed dead Background
Tamzim Renima, mercenary - Handed over to the fist. Background
Kiran, Golden Wheel - Presumed dead
Althalous Fenwick, Paladin of Mystra. - A memory lost

Return to “Coming Soon”