Server split

Content Slated for Release or Approaching Release

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Re: Server split

Unread post by Rhifox »

It might be weird coming from me, but thoughts on just removing the Candlekeep one? Being the only guild with one feels inappropriate, especially since FAI is just a skip and a hop away (also Candlekeep ICly isn't a trade town, and it encourages people isolating here all day every day). That'd also be one less to worry about for the server split fix plans.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Unread post by Planehopper »

I think paring them down over all would be a good thing. Soubar, BG, Sshamath and Rock Run should fit everyone, right? Those are the trade hubs that it would make sense for (and cover alignments).

We have a small playerbase, having some more centralized functions where feasible may help out.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Player Housing Guidelines

View-Intention-Speech-Action-Livelihood-Effort-Mindfulness-Concentration
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

Planehopper wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:17 pm I think paring them down over all would be a good thing. Soubar, BG, Sshamath and Rock Run should fit everyone, right? Those are the trade hubs that it would make sense for (and cover alignments).

We have a small playerbase, having some more centralized functions where feasible may help out.
FAI still needs one, or maybe Beregost. For surface side, one in the south, one in BG, and one in the north is the ideal, IMO.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
Ariella
Retired Staff

Unread post by Ariella »

The issues only really present in server 2. All muds located in UD or the North will all be moving to an interior to solve the issue. Other Mudds in server 1 will function like normal.
Thaelis
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Thaelis »

Valefort wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:23 am By the way guys, regarding old areas, can you see if you remember one that is not on this list ?
  • Misty Forest
  • High Moor North
  • Darkhold ascent
  • Troll Claws, east
  • Old Reaching Woods
  • Triel, destroyed
  • East Chionthar
  • West Chionthar
  • Cloakwood mines level 4
  • Woods of Sharp Teeth, south
  • Beach, south of Candlekeep
  • Cloud Peaks, descent to Amn
  • Lake Weng (probably lost)
  • East trail
  • Avernus
Small request, if the server will be able to accommodate many new areas, could we get at least one wilderness area that is partially monster-free, for Rangers etc to camp/RP in, thanks!

Areas like a river bank, a clearing, a campfire in a safe spot in the wilderness make good RP hubs for wilderness players.

Example: Uldoon Trail. There are three campsites in the wilderness. The south and east ones are way too far off the beaten track, and the central one is far too close to enemy spawns to be an RP hub. There is also a small sheltered area just west of the east campsite that has a little lake and would be a perfect place for a player to make their own camp, but again has a spawn point right inside it.

I know Doron Amar is nearby and spawn-free, but when trying to camp there I was threatened with my camp being incinerated by Fireballs :lol: Also, many players (especially new ones) don't know where it is, so not really a good hub.

Another thing in my personal opinion some of the campsites don't feel very Druid/Ranger friendly, with crates/wagons/lanterns/siege barriers surrounding them. If it's in a truly wilderness area like Uldoon I think it should just be a campfire and some bare patches on the ground from where people pitched their own tents :D (that's just my two cents though, I'm sure others feel differently!)
Thalanis Silverleaf - Moon Elf Woodsman Deceased

Aerendyl Dy'ner - Blacksmith and Explorer
Ariella
Retired Staff

Unread post by Ariella »

A lot of the old areas are coming back. That includes a number of "RP" areas.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Ariella wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:48 am A lot of the old areas are coming back. That includes a number of "RP" areas.
And...maybe something new, like...wait for it...the revamped Baldur’s Gate city by tfunke?!?! :pray: :pray: :pray:

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Blame The Rogue

Unread post by Blame The Rogue »

Steve wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:12 pm
Ariella wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:48 am A lot of the old areas are coming back. That includes a number of "RP" areas.
And...maybe something new, like...wait for it...the revamped Baldur’s Gate city by tfunke?!?! :pray: :pray: :pray:
any screenies of this? is it akin to the pc game map or more like the FR suppliments maps?
"Before you die, you should know why you lived."
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

Blame The Rogue wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:19 am any screenies of this? is it akin to the pc game map or more like the FR suppliments maps?
I took some screenshots when I played around in the module. It needs a bit of work, but is otherwise amazing looking.
Thaelis
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Thaelis »

:D :D :D

That's really nice to hear! I can say with all honesty that I love BGTSCC but something I've always missed from my old server was the forest map with no spawns (it had two spawns but they were so far away from the campfire that they couldn't get there unless someone led them intentionally).
Thalanis Silverleaf - Moon Elf Woodsman Deceased

Aerendyl Dy'ner - Blacksmith and Explorer
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

Was the server split re-applied? The transition in south moors to Misty Forest doesn't seem to be working.

*edit* The transition to Ziggurat isn't working either, the one to Serpent hills is fine though.

*edit 2* ... northern tradeway has some issues, specifically at the fort with the refugees and outpost militia.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Server split was no applied yet, but there was a small update today, so it seems to be caused by it. Please report any issues you find into area issues forum thread.

Return to “Coming Soon”