Coming Soon: Shifter PRC

Content Slated for Release or Approaching Release

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Re: Coming Soon: Shifter PRC

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

I assume this prc was not tested, correct?
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

It was tested quite a bit by QC.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Does it need 5 levels of the casting class or level 3 spells? I cannot seem to get it with druid3/Cavestlalker3 (WIS14). It only opens up on druid5

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

matelener
Custom Content

Unread post by matelener »

mrm3ntalist wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:08 pm Does it need 5 levels of the casting class or level 3 spells? I cannot seem to get it with druid3/Cavestlalker3 (WIS14). It only opens up on druid5
Levels of the casting class which is equal to level 3 spells with one exception - Cavestalker. I will update the description to mention it more specifically.

Full caster progression class taken with 3 druid levels is a nonsense and shouldn't be accommodated.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

matelener wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:18 pmFull caster progression class taken with 3 druid levels is a nonsense and shouldn't be accommodated.
:o What is the difference between druid 3/Cavestalker3/F4 and druid5/Fighter5 that warrants it as nonsense :roll:

YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Frost Mage can be taken with 8 skill ranks in Lore Arcana and access to first level arcane spells. Thus a Druid 3/Bard 3/Frost Mage 4/Shifter 20 is another build to consider.

Just saying it because a long time ago I made build that used Frost Mage to get Wizard 5 in the epics. Fighter 4/Wizard 6/Frost Mage 10/Arcane Scholar 10, Full-Plate, Tower Shield, ICE, Auto-Still, etc...
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

YYA wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:27 pm Frost Mage can be taken with 8 skill ranks in Lore Arcana and access to first level arcane spells. Thus a Druid 3/Bard 3/Frost Mage 4/Shifter 20 is another build to consider.

Just saying it because a long time ago I made build that used Frost Mage to get Wizard 5 in the epics. Fighter 4/Wizard 6/Frost Mage 10/Arcane Scholar 10, Full-Plate, Tower Shield, ICE, Auto-Still, etc...
:lol: nice one. Very creative

YYA

Unread post by YYA »

A far bigger question is this, how is mrm3ntalist getting Cavestalker with just three Druid levels? Druid 3 has BAB of 2. Cavestalker should require BAB of 3. Or is it just a typo?
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

YYA wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:31 pm A far bigger question is this, how is mrm3ntalist getting Cavestalker with just three Druid levels? Druid 3 has BAB of 2. Cavestalker should require BAB of 3. Or is just a typo?
Druid->Fighter->cavestalker. You cannot get cave before level5 because of the skills as well (lvl8survival)

YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Ah, I see it now! :lol:
Kalgain

Unread post by Kalgain »

I dont like that. I kills build diversity.
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Unread post by DaloLorn »

matelener wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:18 pm
mrm3ntalist wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:08 pm Does it need 5 levels of the casting class or level 3 spells? I cannot seem to get it with druid3/Cavestlalker3 (WIS14). It only opens up on druid5
Levels of the casting class which is equal to level 3 spells with one exception - Cavestalker.
... No it's not. Sorcerers/shamans get level 3 spells on CL6, not CL5.
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
matelener
Custom Content

DaloLorn wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:14 pm
matelener wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:18 pm
Levels of the casting class which is equal to level 3 spells with one exception - Cavestalker.
... No it's not. Sorcerers/shamans get level 3 spells on CL6, not CL5.
What I meant are progression levels. 6 Sorcerer = the earliest 3rd level progression. Apparently in addition to Cavestalker, there is Frost Mage and Thaumaturge, so, there is a blanket statement saying PRCs are not counted for the requirement progression.
Kalgain

Unread post by Kalgain »

So to clarify, out of all PRCs that progress caster levels, only cavestalker gets counted to qualify for shifter?

What if you take cavestalker without a corresponding base caster class?
matelener
Custom Content

Kalgain wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:36 pm So to clarify, out of all PRCs that progress caster levels, only cavestalker gets counted to qualify for shifter?

What if you take cavestalker without a corresponding base caster class?
Oh, no - no PRC counts except the base class.

Return to “Coming Soon”