Champion of Corellon

Content Slated for Release or Approaching Release

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Re: Champion of Corellon

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

mrm3ntalist wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:09 pm
KOPOJIbPAKOB wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:08 am It seems that the only remaining niche for the class is slow and chunky Fighter with shield + sword. For all other builds Dervish would simply do CoC's job better. Swash synergy was removed, the class requirements won't let you build a proper Dex tank with Epic dodge + Uncanny dodge. I like the concept, just a shame it was overnerfed so hard. And just to think some people were suggesting to nerf it harder.
Overnerfed? Wow

It’s better than dervish, in any way you see it - same ac, constant damage from dex, bonus feat, burst 2d6.

What surprises me that not one here mentioned the build, that in my view, breaks it

I beginning to doubt myself now … is that a bad thing doc?
Well,
1) Dervish provides the same +2d6 damage boost that would last the same as well, except it's 3 charges instead of 5 min cooldown, but in a nutshell it's roughly the same.
2) Dervish's damage is not constant (10 min between rests in summary), but its bonus is much stronger since it also boosts AB, and +6 Elegant strike bonus is like the max you'll get anyway (you'll need to sacrifice strength damage to go for +10).
3) 1 bonus feat is nice, but Dervish gives 4 of them, these feats let you qualify for other prestige classes, like Thief Acrobat, Weaponmaster or Tempest. In other words, Dervish greatly synergizes with other prestige classes, CoC doesn't. But if you don't plan to add any feat-expensive classes, then CoC's bonus feat is indeed better.

Add here that Dervish provides more skillpoints and has more liberal requirements. In PvE, I suppose they're more or less on par, with CoC winning in quality of life. In PvP, Dervish is undoubtedly way stronger. I'm not saying that the current CoC is bad, just a class that performs a little worse than Dervish in its niche. There could be CoC specific niches that Dervish can't fill, but they got killed before the release, which is the part that upsets me.

Also, what is this build that would break it?
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

So basically you are saying that are about the same. So how is it overnerfed exactly. I guess everyone is used to getting to 60 ac, improved evasion, 45+ AB etc

As far as the build that I have in mind you are going to have to see it to believe it. I don’t have the time to go back and forth with people that do not want to see the obvious. Unless of course there is something that I am totally missing ( doubtful ). Anyway if I manage to complete the star citizen event early I might try it tonight
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

mrm3ntalist wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:09 pmWhat surprises me that not one here mentioned the build, that in my view, breaks it
People have different preferences, and people tend to make their character builds based on the said preferences. So perhaps you should just mention that build of yours so we could discuss if it really breaks the server or not.
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Well (#2). Damn Elves and their Chaotic Good deities. Correllon does have the Following of the Forgotten Flower which is said to have priests and crusaders as members, but alas...what is in a name?!?!

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Ah, how about a Barbarian 20/Champion of Corellon Larethian 10, spend a feat to grab that Heavy Armor Proficiency, and you are good to go. Whirlwind Frenzy for Dodge AC on top of the armor gained from Ice-Troll Berserker. You get that +3 Superior Defense boost, extra dexterity based damage on top of your Rage boost Strength modifier. Works well with both Wood and Wild Elves as the race of choice, from a role-playing perspective.
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Fighter 4/Wizard 6/Bladesinger 10/Champion of Corellon Larethian 10...

10 Base
+ 10 (Mithral Breast Plate)
+ 5 (Bladesinger AC)
+ 3 (Superior Defense)
+ 6 (Improved Mage Armor)
+ 4 (Shield Spell)
+ 4 (Natural Armor Amulet)
+ 4 (Deflection Ring)
+ 4 (Dodge Boots)
+ 6 (Improved Combat Expertise)
+ 3 (Tumble)
= 59

You get Concealment, Mirror Images, you get to sit in a Cloudkill while protected by Stone Body. You can go for some Every point in dexterity gives AB and Damage with a rapier, and Combat Insight helps you get few points of extra damage over low strength score.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

PTWF WM Champion of Corellon

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

YYA

Unread post by YYA »

mrm3ntalist wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:38 pmPTWF WM Champion of Corellon
If the crits crit. Do they? And hey, it might be the first build to get Improved Whirlwind Attack! :lol:
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

It does crit, it is physical damage

YYA

Unread post by YYA »

In that case:
YYA wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:39 amOh yeah, if the dexterity damage multiplies on critical hits...

A high strength "Fighter 8/Tempest 5/Champion of Corellon 10/Weapon Master 7" could be a fun build to play.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

I think a full dex WM will do more damage. With Rapiers will be something like this

10DEX + 8F + 4EB +3.5Rapier +2.5DD +4STR = 32 | Off hand 30

With Massive crit rapiers the crits will be 100+ with a 15-20 crit range (WM5)

YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Hmn...

Fighter 12, to get Melee Weapon Mastery.
Champion of Correllon Latherian 10,
Weapon Master 5,
Tempest 3...

1d6 (Scimitar)
+ 10 Strength
+ 5 (Dexterity)
+ 2 (Slashing Weapon Mastery)
+ 6 (Epic Weapon Specialization)
+ 4 (Enchantment Bonus)
+ 1d4 (Deadly Defense)
= 32~

Off Hand:
27~

Yeah, going all in dexterity is better. More attacks with off-hand as well. But... Well, carrying capacity is also good to have, as some form of innate protection against knockdown.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

PTWF WMs is one of the reasons this PRC was not being implemented sooner. It is a lot of damage and bonus AC and burst damage. When someone mentioned in the GIB thread that there would be restrictions, I thought something could have be done to limit this. PTWF is not the only problem though. This PRC can result with one hander builds that have 62AC and 35+ damage. The power creep has been insane the past couple of years

YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Oh yeah, just remembered that Scimitars are not Finesse weapons, so no Deadly Defense there. So yeah, a dexterity based Champion of Corellon is the way to go, if you want to two-weapon fight.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.

Return to “Coming Soon”