Coming Soon: Melee Combat Upgrade

Content Slated for Release or Approaching Release

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

JIŘÍ

Re: Coming Soon: Melee Combat Upgrade

Unread post by JIŘÍ »

EasternCheesE wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:13 am
JIŘÍ wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:18 am Shield bash is in collision with FD.

When you toggle on FD it turns off shield bash.

When you toggle on shield bash it turns off FD BUT:
Penalties and bonuses remain. Shield bash does not work. Until you manually toggle FD off and modifiers go away.

Is shield bash supposed to work along FD?
Can you please give more info? I can't reproduce the issue with shield bash and FD on my own PC.
They both get turned off/on separately when i click them and they don't seem to overlap. Codewise they don't overlap as well.

As i told you Ig already, it is awknard but neither me managed that.

However there is one minor issue if you rest with character you loose all modifiers from FD but mode is still registred as "on".
Discord contact: Haf#6089
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

JIŘÍ wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:39 pm
EasternCheesE wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:13 am
JIŘÍ wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:18 am Shield bash is in collision with FD.

When you toggle on FD it turns off shield bash.

When you toggle on shield bash it turns off FD BUT:
Penalties and bonuses remain. Shield bash does not work. Until you manually toggle FD off and modifiers go away.

Is shield bash supposed to work along FD?
Can you please give more info? I can't reproduce the issue with shield bash and FD on my own PC.
They both get turned off/on separately when i click them and they don't seem to overlap. Codewise they don't overlap as well.

As i told you Ig already, it is awknard but neither me managed that.

However there is one minor issue if you rest with character you loose all modifiers from FD but mode is still registred as "on".

Thanks for sharing that one, it slipped over and we will work on fixing it. Added to our todo list.
JIŘÍ

Unread post by JIŘÍ »

I'd like to point out my Pc is performing Improved KD from like distance of 5 metres (i do not know how you measure in nwn2).

Ifigured that accidentaly. I use target to mark hostile and then trigger IKD to have her run up to it and attack. I just began to watch how she sprints forth and suddenly stops like 5 metres away from target doing nothing and i bashed my head around being like wtf...then i checked logs and she FAILED melee touch attack related to IKD :D :D :D :D :D meaning no IKd was succesful and she is left hanging....

When she passes melee touch attack (most of time) she stops in same distance but i get the messages about IKd and target drops to ground and my pc does IKd animation WHILE STANDING SO FAR :D and when i do classic melee attack she must do like 4-5 steps i quess this is not how it is supposed to work?

and another thing and ill just put it in here, some messages are important but some are annoying. Culd we get messages related to summons bein seen only by owner?

I had Zymth tossing around his cat and copy and both spammed my screen with like 20 messages X follows Zymth or X waits for Zymths command and meanwhile Zymth kept furiously typing back go back :dance: of course trough his spam i saw nothing and died :naughty: :D
zhazz

Unread post by zhazz »

JIŘÍ wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:04 pm I'd like to point out my Pc is performing Improved KD from like distance of 5 metres (i do not know how you measure in nwn2).

Ifigured that accidentaly. I use target to mark hostile and then trigger IKD to have her run up to it and attack. I just began to watch how she sprints forth and suddenly stops like 5 metres away from target doing nothing and i bashed my head around being like wtf...then i checked logs and she FAILED melee touch attack related to IKD :D :D :D :D :D meaning no IKd was succesful and she is left hanging....

When she passes melee touch attack (most of time) she stops in same distance but i get the messages about IKd and target drops to ground and my pc does IKd animation WHILE STANDING SO FAR :D and when i do classic melee attack she must do like 4-5 steps i quess this is not how it is supposed to work?

and another thing and ill just put it in here, some messages are important but some are annoying. Culd we get messages related to summons bein seen only by owner?

I had Zymth tossing around his cat and copy and both spammed my screen with like 20 messages X follows Zymth or X waits for Zymths command and meanwhile Zymth kept furiously typing back go back :dance: of course trough his spam i saw nothing and died :naughty: :D
I think NWN2 use Feet rather than Metres, as it is the standard unit of measure in D&D games.

5 feet is close enough to be on side-by-side tiles on a battlemap, and thus within melee touch distance. Think of it not as your character trying to touch from that distance, but rather moving into the space of their foe, touching (or trying to), and then moving back out again.
Adrian Baker - An innocent virtuoso (bio | journal)
Relyth Ravan'Thala - Bear of an Elf
Timothy Daleson - Paladin Wand Maker
Duncan Matsirani - A wanderer
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Well, normal melee touch attack distance is 2.25 meters which is modified by PC scale multiplied by enemy hit distance and scale, so for different creatures, that distance may vary a lot.
Sadly, we don't have really good ways to ensure new knockdown works exactly as vanilla knockdown as such way of "come in and do stuff" is hardcoded.
JIŘÍ

Unread post by JIŘÍ »

zhazz wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:55 pm
JIŘÍ wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:04 pm I'd like to point out my Pc is performing Improved KD from like distance of 5 metres (i do not know how you measure in nwn2).

I think NWN2 use Feet rather than Metres, as it is the standard unit of measure in D&D games.

5 feet is close enough to be on side-by-side tiles on a battlemap, and thus within melee touch distance. Think of it not as your character trying to touch from that distance, but rather moving into the space of their foe, touching (or trying to), and then moving back out again.

not sure if 5 feet are 6 times lenght of bastard sword but ok :lol:
rick2222

Unread post by rick2222 »

Question about feint, seems to say all characters get this free, is this a mistype?
Hinzel - Fuer grissa ost drauka
Grainne - Lookin' for a good life.

Your life is yours and yours alone. Rise up and live it.
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Unread post by DaloLorn »

Just outdated. Rhi wrote this when she was still hoping to be able to make a Feint and an Improved Feint (like she did with Shield Bash, adding a weaker version of the feat available for free and then renaming the existing feat to Improved Shield Bash). The tech didn't work out, so she had to scrap that.
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk

Return to “Coming Soon”