Coming Soon: New DMFI RP Rolls

Content Slated for Release or Approaching Release

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Coming Soon: New DMFI RP Rolls

Unread post by Rhifox »

In the Time of Troubles patch later this month, the DMFI hotbar will be expanded with a new button: Actions. DMFI actions expands the options for RP rolls from skills/abilities/saving throws to also include initiative, mainhand and offhand attack rolls, and displaying your armor class and current/maximum hitpoints. This function will also eventually include damage rolls, healing rolls, and the ability to temporarily disable regeneration effects on the PC (DMs will also have access to this option for DM events where attrition is important for the scene). DMFI skill rolls will also eventually be updated to allow choosing what attribute to use when rolling a skill, as well as opposed skill rolls.

Future additions to this system will include other combat actions, spell cards, and so on.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
artemitavik

Re: Coming Soon: New DMFI RP Rolls

Unread post by artemitavik »

ooooh, so it will automatically make opposed checks and stuff for RP-hits without actually having to engage with the engine? So we make the roll and can pose off the actual note that says "so and so Melee yadda yadda and hit"?
Derik "Crimson Bulwark" Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!! (yes, I know he doesn't wear red)
Headmaster:Bladestone Foundation.
Owner:The Last Anchor

Braithreachas Leomhainn
"My purpose is to shed blood for those who can't, and to bleed for those who shouldn't."
Rhifox

Unread post by Rhifox »

artemitavik wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:09 am ooooh, so it will automatically make opposed checks and stuff for RP-hits without actually having to engage with the engine? So we make the roll and can pose off the actual note that says "so and so Melee yadda yadda and hit"?
Yup!
artemitavik

Rhifox wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:19 am
artemitavik wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:09 am ooooh, so it will automatically make opposed checks and stuff for RP-hits without actually having to engage with the engine? So we make the roll and can pose off the actual note that says "so and so Melee yadda yadda and hit"?
Yup!
And there isn't actually any, like... damage rolls, it's just RP rolls that we can use or not use like we have now... only more detailed...?

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Derik "Crimson Bulwark" Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!! (yes, I know he doesn't wear red)

Braithreachas Leomhainn
"My purpose is to shed blood for those who can't, and to bleed for those who shouldn't."
Rhifox

Unread post by Rhifox »

Yes, damage rolls are done separately. There's no good damage roll function yet, so that's for the future, but eventually you'll be able to actually deal damage in an 'emote fight' by rolling your damage after rolling your attacks.
artemitavik

Neatopeachykeen.

I just want it for RP purposes alone... :D so neat

Braithreachas Leomhainn
wangxiuming

Unread post by wangxiuming »

Rhifox wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:44 am Yes, damage rolls are done separately. There's no good damage roll function yet, so that's for the future, but eventually you'll be able to actually deal damage in an 'emote fight' by rolling your damage after rolling your attacks.
Love it! :D :clap:
Terankar

Unread post by Terankar »

Where is the upvote button when you need it?!
CathyBlank

Unread post by CathyBlank »

I'm not seeing the close button on the screenshots, is it by design? Would be nice to have an option not to roll anything if you misclicked
YourMoveHolyMan
Recognized Donor

Unread post by YourMoveHolyMan »

Should be the same as current dmfi, hit the escape key to close without selection
Michael Dunn

“There is more than one sort of prison, Captain," Chirrut said. "I sense that you carry yours wherever you go.”
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Very cool!

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Dragonslayer

Unread post by Dragonslayer »

I love it!

Looking forward to another 14 page thread on how it impedes people's roleplay through arbitrary dice rolls rather than one person's choice to RP or not.
mastajabba

Unread post by mastajabba »

This is a work of art… *chef’s kiss*
Warden Nigel Blaquehawke - Recon Scout/Ranger of Mielikki- Order of the Radiant Heart

Squire Gideon - Righteous Wrath of the True and Just god Torm- Order of Radiant Heart
artemitavik

Dragonslayer wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:58 am I love it!

Looking forward to another 14 page thread on how it impedes people's roleplay through arbitrary dice rolls rather than one person's choice to RP or not.
well, in theory, it would work just like our current dice system... by choice unless enforced by a DM. Someone wants to emote fight you or throw stuff or hatever, and you don't wanna engage in roll-offs... well, don't.

Braithreachas Leomhainn
Dragonslayer

Unread post by Dragonslayer »

artemitavik wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:56 pm
Dragonslayer wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:58 am I love it!

well, in theory, it would work just like our current dice system... by choice unless enforced by a DM. Someone wants to emote fight you or throw stuff or hatever, and you don't wanna engage in roll-offs... well, don't.
I know, I was just being sarcastic.

Return to “Coming Soon”