NEXT UPDATE : Expose weakness replacement

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Re: NEXT UPDATE : Expose weakness replacement

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

Steve wrote:
mrm3ntalist wrote:It works with the other modes.

The EW is applied to the first attack.
Will EW applying to the First attack replace a Death Attack effect, or negate a Stunning Fist attack?
No. it is an on hit event. The sequence of events is the same with having an on hit property on a weapon. They work together.
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
Nyeleni
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Nyeleni »

mrm3ntalist wrote:It works with the other modes.

The EW is applied to the first attack.
Could we have the same done to Flourish from Duelist? The cool-down is ok, but it usually doesn't take the highest ab even if hit with time.
Truman Capote, Breakfast At Tiffany's
"... - it's better to look at the sky than live there. Such an empty place; so vague. Just a country where the thunder goes and things disappear."
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Well, if the new EW is like an on-hit property that doesn't inhibit any other Attack types/effects, and always used the highest AB, only landing if the Attack in general lands, that IS a much better EW!

Now just add an 18-second cooldown, and it will be perfect! :twisted:

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

Steve wrote:Well, if the new EW is like an on-hit property that doesn't inhibit any other Attack types/effects, and always used the highest AB, only landing if the Attack in general lands, that IS a much better EW!

Now just add an 18-second cooldown, and it will be perfect! :twisted:
I used the on hit event to explain how the EW works with other feats such as death attack etc. When the mode is activated, the EW will happen once every round. If it hits the effects are applied otherwise not. The feat is much easier to use now than before, yes :D
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

Steve wrote:Now just add an 18-second cooldown, and it will be perfect!
Was discussed, but there have been too many nerfs recently and was decided to only fix the auto-hit at this time. Making it only once per 3 rounds would make the mode a bit more difficult I think (Valefort would have to say for sure) since it is applying on-hit once per round. Making it take in to account having the on-hit once per three rounds is likely more difficult.
Nyeleni wrote:Could we have the same done to Flourish from Duelist? The cool-down is ok, but it usually doesn't take the highest ab even if hit with time.
Since it isn't once per round I'm not sure if that's doable, but again Valefort would have to say for sure.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
cosmic ray

Unread post by cosmic ray »

It's nice if that bug is fixed while letting the nwn2 rules stay the same. BGtSCC has way more than enough rule changes as it is! :P
You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

cosmic ray wrote:It's nice if that bug is fixed while letting the nwn2 rules stay the same. BGtSCC has way more than enough rule changes as it is! :P
Well you do have to consider that even vanilla NWN2 doesn't follow their own rules here. Technically EW is supposed to be a full round action, so if we were going to go 'by the book' EW auto-hit would be fixed and the use of the feat would only give you 1 attack per round... However, this would still be a change to how it works in practice, which I realize is what you meant by the change. Sorry...I'll let myself out. :ugeek:
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

cosmic ray

Yes, that's what I meant. ;)
Thorsson

Unread post by Thorsson »

NWN2 is never going to be PnP, so the only issue should be whether a change is better for balance or worse. Some of the changes made have IMO been of the latter variety and I agree here with cosmic ray - too many already. But that seems to be the way the game is going - all the PWs get more and more home-brewed.
Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Well in this case, the mode only fixes the auto-hit while actually making the EW Feat easier to use (click to turn it on, works with all other modes/clickies).

You and Cosmic Ray both have a valid point and it has been stated as a goal moving forward to avoid any further changes to existing content.

cosmic ray

Just to be clear, I do not object in the least to different sorts of content being added to the server. It's specifically the constant need to relearn how to play this game even eleven years after its release, which results from repeated rule changes, that I have an issue with. :)

Areas, armors, new spells/classes, appearances, textures, bug fixes, etc are all good. Keep them coming! (As deemed necessary, that is.)

Return to “Archive”