NEXT UPDATE: Polymorph and Shapechange Overhaul 1.1

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Sun Wukong

Re: NEXT UPDATE: Polymorph and Shapechange Overhaul 1.1

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

Yeah, the Polymorph Self scroll lasts 7 minutes or something like that. Perhaps potions by master alchemist could be of more use to you?
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

Steve wrote:With the 100% Spell Failure in place, a Spirit Shaman/Druid can no longer apply Greater Magic Fang or Jagged Tooth to the Shapechange forms. These spells require a animal weapon/shape to apply to, thus buffing before shaping is impossible.

Wiz/Sorc can apply Keen/GMW/Greater Heroism before buffing into either Polymorph spell.

I would like to request Fang and Tooth combo to be re-scripted to apply before Shifting.

Thank you.
Spirit Shaman is out of luck, but druid "could" wildshape into something, cast it, then shapeshift.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Hawke wrote:
Spirit Shaman is out of luck, but druid "could" wildshape into something, cast it, then shapeshift.
EXPLOIT!!! lol. :twisted:

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Steve wrote:
Hawke wrote:
EXPLOIT!!! lol. :twisted:
that is just a clever use of spell progression.
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

I know Tsid, but the issue still stems that I lose spell slots. As wizard and sorcerer alike. Maybe two of the spell levels are level 4... I use extended haste for those blocks. I may shapeshift for 5 minutes and switch back, haste and shift again, or drop out and cast Gate.

That is my rationale behind my reservations about polymorph spells... it just effs up the spells as a whole. Makes things more complicated than it needs to be (no fault of staff, just inherent crap code).
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Let's clear this up!

The OP lists the Augment Form feat as:
Augment Form
Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Spellfocus Transmutation.
Specifics: The character becomes skilled with spells and abilities that allow him to assume another form. For the duration, the character’s base attack bonus becomes medium (unless its already higher) but cannot exceed the character’s HD.
Affected Spells and Abilities: Polymorph, Tenser’s Transformation, Shapechange, Spider Shape, Spider Form and Shifter’s Forms.
However! The ye olde BGTSCC Wiki i now says:
Augment Form

Type of Feat: General

Prerequisite: Spellfocus Transmutation.
Specifics: The character becomes skilled with spells and abilities that allow him to assume another form. For the duration, the character’s base attack bonus becomes medium (unless its already higher) but cannot exceed the character’s HD. As example, a 10 Wizard 10 Eldritch Knight will have 17 BAB.
Affected Spells and Abilities: Polymorph, Shapechange.
Has been added to the feat list of Archmage, Hierophant and many other PrCs.
What the puck happened to Tenser's and all the other affected forms?!? TRANSMUTATION MAN!!! 8-) LOL. Stop messing with my UBER GISH!!!

Nachti
Retired Staff

Unread post by Nachti »

Tensers hasnt been touched yet. That spell is supposted to grant high BAB but was lowered on bgtscc. Its not making sense to power up the spell "again" with a feat. So I postponed this in favor of other transmutation things.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

So, Augment Form only affects Polymorph and Shapechage, in this iteration?

Nachti
Retired Staff

Unread post by Nachti »

Yes.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Okay... *rips up his character build sheet, starts over...heads to the Recycler...*

lol.

DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

I'd like to ask what is the plan for the future on a few things if I am putting it into the rigt topic please?

For example the bonus spells (if and when implemented so that we keep them), is this only considering bonus spells from attribute bonus (i.e. +int item) or also from items that give bonus slots?

Is there any plan to allow forms use Heal skill for example? There are only so many 9th level spell slots and having to return to regular form every time you need healing seems rather impractical for using this as a main form of combat. Btw are there any plans what feats will and won't carry over to shapechange/polymorph? I have seen talk that fast healing for example should carry over but the same doesn't go for all feats and so on if it does for this one?

Thanks
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
Apis

Unread post by Apis »

Having the heal skill on a floating hotbar (the way some feats are for bear warrior) would be a big quality of life improvement.
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

"It doesn't look like it but I'm pulling a heal kit out of my shapechanged self and applying it on my wounds, it's really happening !" :mrgreen:
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Valefort wrote:"It doesn't look like it but I'm pulling a heal kit out of my shapechanged self and applying it on my wounds, it's really happening !" :mrgreen:
Drop Heal Kit, shapechange, pick up heal kit.

Or conversely, drop Heal Kit, shapechange, and roll on it, until it applies healing effect.

Or, throw Heal Kit in air, really high, shapechange, fight some creatures, return to throw-up spot on time, let Heal Kit fall on your Form, absorbing Healing properties.

See...I've been told I'm a great RPer...and I think I just proved it, once again!!! 0:)

Oh...did I mention a Heal Kit can be used in combat, normally?!? And even with Sword & Board equipped?!?! :| Until THAT is addressed, I think there is no fair argument against any other use of a Heal Kit.

Apis

Unread post by Apis »

"I found this potion and heal kit while changed, but even though I have hands I refuse to use them."

I see what you're saying but there are probably many angles to look at. Using a healing kit while using a two handed weapon, dual welding, or otherwise not RP-realistic scenarios are allowed for quality of life over realism, right?

Return to “Archive”