Coming soon - spell swap

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Endelyon

Re: Coming soon - spell swap

Unread post by Endelyon »

Tsidkenu wrote:You can only change one spell per attempt. Is this intended? The conversation closes after you change your single spell and then have to wait 27 days to change the next one.
Yes, I should have noted you can only swap one spell per attempt.

In the long run I might drop the timer down to 14 days if it's felt after some time that once per 4 weeks is still too restrictive, but the intent is to change a spell out once in a while to correct a mistake or pick a new spell that went in, not provide a complete rebuild of your spell loadout after a certain period of time.
Snarfy wrote:I just took my sorcerer to the NPC to swap out one of his 8th level spells, worked like a charm. The new spell cast just fine and the character has the correct amount of castings on all of his spells :clap:

28 days from now I'll try and swap the same spell out(since my sorcerer already has shades :doh: ... ahh, the benefits of hardly ever logging on) for something else and make sure there are no hiccups associated with changing out recently swapped in spells.
Great to hear! Kudos to Nimne for this awesome system.
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Well I did get rid of C/C which hasn't stacked with Amplify for some time. My bard still had both. My other picks are still tolerable and I might just redo them all during 100% RCR anyways.

Cudos Devs! This is a fabulous feature. :clap:
Thin Ice

Unread post by Thin Ice »

Maecius wrote:I believe that is intended. It lets you swap one spell every 28 days. Not all of your spells every 28 days.
Ah, this wasn't especially clear when reading it:

"...I shall allow you to swap one of your precious spells for another..."

which has an implicit plural (spell vs spells with an "s"), could be:

"...I shall allow you to swap one precious spell for another..."

and then in the "note":

"...You cannot swap spells more often than once every 30 days."

also has an implicit plural (spell vs spells with an "s"):

"... You can only swap one spell with another spell every 30 days."

I know you are dealing with two spells each time, so it is technically correct. Though if you were to read it quickly, with this verbiage, it's more likely someone would get a sense that you're going to be choosing more than one set of spells for swapping during the session.
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Unread post by LISA100595 »

I love this so much! Just tried it today worked like a charm! :)
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

Snarfy wrote:28 days from now I'll try and swap the same spell out(since my sorcerer already has shades :doh: ... ahh, the benefits of hardly ever logging on) for something else and make sure there are no hiccups associated with changing out recently swapped in spells.
I'm at the 28 day mark and... hopefully the counter isn't getting stuck, because last night I checked the NPC and he said I still have 0 days to wait to swap again. Figured I was a tad early, so I tried this morning and he still says I have zero days to wait. I'll try again tomorrow(and tonight) to see if the counter resets, and post again if it's actually stuck.
There are no level 30's, only level 20's with benefits...

Return to “Archive”