Aunrae - S'shamath - House Selmiyeritar

A Place to Buy, Sell, and Trade Items and Services

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Shadowspinner70

Aunrae - S'shamath - House Selmiyeritar

Unread post by Shadowspinner70 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:48 pm

A reasonably young drowess has taken up a stand in S'shamath's market with a stack of papers in front of her alongside some items displayed. Those lists are copies of a single one; the original was one of magical wares and gemstones, strong and weak, most of the items not displayed. She wears an easy smile.

"So--take a look at this list. The prices listed are the minimum prices. Offer that much and then a timer will start for three cycles. Anyone who wishes to bid a higher price may do so, including yourself, and at the end of those three cycles, the one who bids the highest walks away with the item. The gems and wands are a flat price, no auction. However, any bid that lasts two cycles without being beaten wins automatically."

Selmiyeritar's Goods

Arcane Emporium
Gems:
Diamonds -- 2.5k each -- Nine in stock!
Blue Diamond -- 50k each -- None in stock!

Wands:
Bone Wands -- 3k each -- Six in stock!
Wand of Displacement -- 3/30 charges per use -- 5k
Wand of Rage -- 1/10 charges per use -- 5k
Wand of Haste -- 1/10 charges per use -- 5k
Wand of Enlarge Person -- 1/10 charges per use -- 5k
Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds -- 1/10 charges per use -- 5k

Dusty Tomes:
Dusty Tome, Tanar'ri -- 100k
Dusty Tome, Baldur's Gate -- 15k

Adventurer's Goods
Amulets:
Greenstone Amulet -- 2 Fear Saving Throw, 2 Mind Affecting Saving Throw, Spell Immunity: Charm Person, Hold Person, Sleep, Daze -- 5k
Periapt of Proof Against Poison -- Saving Throw Poison 3, Neutralize Poison 1/day -- 5k
Lesser Amulet of the Master -- SR 22, Diplomacy 2, Arcana 2, Open Lock 2, Search 2, Disable Device 2 -- 5k
Amulet of Boons -- 3 Natural AC, HP 10, Bluff 4, Arcana 4, Perform 4 -- 50k -- Two in stock!

Armor:
Mithral Full Plate -- Mithral -- 80k
Advanced Darksteel Breastplate -- Darksteel, 4 Armor AC, /5 Acid Resistance -- 25k
Enchanted Mithral Full Plate -- 1 Armor AC -- 80k
Hardy Adamantine Scale Mail -- Adamantine, DR 2, CON 2 -- 10k
Salamander Chain Shirt +1 -- Salamander Hide, /5 Fire Damage, 1 Armor AC, HP 5, 60% Weight -- 5k
Three Branch Seeker, Greater -- 3 Armor AC, 2 Survival, 2 Spot -- 7.5k
Smart Mithral Plate of Light -- 2 INT, 40% Weight -- 150k
Anti-Mage Robes -- 3 HP, 3 DEX, SR 14 -- 5k
Electric Eel Hide -- 4 Armor AC, 10 HP, Saving Throw Electrical 2, Electrical /5, Arcana 3, Electric Orb 1/Day -- 35k
Broewende Family Armor -- 2 Armor AC, /5 Fire Damage, Saving Throw Mind Affecting 3 -- 7.5k

Belts:
Encircling Scale -- Darkvision, 1 Fortitude Saving Throw, 2 Poison Saving Throw, Poison 3/50 Charge Per Use -- 5k
Plated Belt -- 4 Deflection AC -- 75k
Sash of Shimmering -- SR 20 -- 5k

Boots:
Boots Without Retribution -- 4 Dodge AC, Spell Immunity: Hammer of the Gods -- 100k
A Mad Gent's Boots -- 2 Dodge AC, Remove Curse 1/day, Remove Blindness/Deafness 1/day, Remove Disease 1/day -- 7.5k
Fighter Combat Boots -- 2 Dodge AC, Intimidate 2, 5 HP -- 3k
Boots of Elvenkind -- 2 Dodge AC, Stealthy Feat, Expeditious Retreat 3/day -- 3k
Boots of the Winterlands -- 2 Dodge AC, /5 Cold Damage, Saving Throw Cold 2 -- 3k

Cloak:
Cloak of Displacement -- Displacement 3/day -- 10k
Cloak of Protection +4 -- 4 Deflection AC -- 25k
Cloak of Arachnida -- 2 Deflection AC, 2 Poison Saving Throw, Spell Immunity: Web, Web 3/day -- 7.5k
Stout Cloak -- 2 Deflection AC, HP 10 -- 5k
Greater Piwafwi -- 4 Deflection AC, Regen 1, Hide 4, Saving Throw Fire 4 -- 150k
Planar Hunter's Cloak -- AC Deflection vs Magical Beast and Outsider 4, Listen 3, Search 3, Spot 3 -- 5k

Gloves/Gauntlets:
Greater Gloves of the Minstrel -- 6 Perform -- 5k
Charismatic Knuckles -- CHA 3, EB 3 -- 7.5k

Helmets:
Helmet of the Swift Gab -- 3 Charisma, 3 Dexterity -- 45k
Mask of Persuasion -- 10m Yellow Light, Diplomacy 3, Concentration 1, CHA 1 -- 3k
Golden Circlet -- SR 20, Saving Throw Mind Affecting 2, Saving Throw Will 1, Concentration 2 -- 4k -- Two in stock!
Dragon Helm -- AC Deflection 1, Fire Immunity 10%, Cold Immunity 10%, Electrical Immunity 10% -- 7.5k -- Two in stock!
Angarys' Mindmaze -- Wizard Spells 2 and 3, 2 INT, Saving Throw Mind Affecting 4 -- 2.5k

Rings:
Ring of Augury -- 2 Appraise, 2 Concentration, 2 Listen, 2 Spot, 5 Arcana -- 5k -- Two in stock!
Ring of Nine Lives -- Heal 1/9 per use -- 10k
Ring of Might -- CON 2, STR 2, /5 Cold Damage -- 7.5k
Ring of Silver Tongues -- 1 Deflection AC, 3 CHA -- 7.5k

Shields:
Protecting Light Shield -- 4 Shield AC -- 50k
Superior Tower Shield -- 4 Shield AC, Improved Saving Throw Cold 1 -- 75k

Weapons:
Anti-Fey Kama -- Cold Iron, 3 EB, 1d4 Massive Criticals -- 10k
Arbalist, Unlimited Ammo +3 -- 3 EB, Unlimited Ammo 3, Extra Bludgeoning Damage, Massive Criticals 1d4, 4 Mighty -- 25k
Maiming Dagger -- EB 2, DC 20 1d2 CHA damage -- 7.5k
Sharpened Mithral Longsword -- Mithral, 60% Weight, EB 2, Keen -- 5k
Staff of the Holy -- Aid 2/50 Charge, Cure Light Wounds 1/50 Charge, Cure Moderate Wounds 1/50 Charge -- 5k
Superior Staff of Magic -- 4 EB, 1 Magic -- 15k
Balanced Spear of Magic -- 10% Weight, 3 DEX, 1 Magic -- 10k
Kukri +4 -- 4 EB -- 15k
Last edited by Shadowspinner70 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aunrae - Bardess
Flora Muirbaird - First Mate
Eiluvial Tolmach - Priestess

nightingale

Re: Aunrae - S'shamath - House Selmiyeritar

Unread post by nightingale » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:58 am

A female Drow wearing mithril plates peruses the items. "Aluve... I'll bid the 25 bags of plakla on your crossbow."

//25k on the arbalist, Charater Name Mara'tril
Akula Master of spies (Gone without a trace)
Karala retired
Mara'tril

"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia
login: torfang

nightingale

Unread post by nightingale » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:17 am

Mara'tril taps a slender finger to her voluptuous lips thoughtfully and then adds. "I'll bid the 45 bags of plakla on the Helm of the Swift Gab as well"
Karala retired
Mara'tril

"The Computer Is Your Friend. The Computer wants you to be happy. Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution."
— Paranoia

Shadowspinner70

Unread post by Shadowspinner70 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:38 pm

Aunrae flashes a smile at Mara'tril. "People tend to slip notes. The bid's up to one hundred bags. Then she said she'd bid for fifty bags more than the competitor. Do you think you can outbid them? But the Arbalist . . . if you're not challenged for two cycles, it's yours. Else, we wait the full three cycles! We're one cycle in."
Aunrae - Bardess

sinopip

Unread post by sinopip » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:08 am

While travelling in S'shamath, a deep gnome comes curiously and rather shyly nearby. With a short greeting and some time after, having read the list, he leaves a note.

// bid of 35k on the Arbalist

nightingale

Unread post by nightingale » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:16 am

Mara'tril, after learning the new bid coolly raises her bid to 50k for the Arbalist
Karala retired
Mara'tril

— Paranoia

sinopip

Unread post by sinopip » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:04 am

The deep gnome leaves another note.

///// bid of 70k on the Arbalist

Shadowspinner70

Unread post by Shadowspinner70 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:37 am

"Two and a half candlemarks left on the crossbow! Our lovely dual-enchanted helmet... ninety-five bags closing at the same time!"
Aunrae - Bardess

nightingale

Unread post by nightingale » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:24 pm

Mara'tril narrows he eyes. "125 on the dual-enchaned helmet"
Karala retired
Mara'tril

— Paranoia

nightingale

Unread post by nightingale » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:30 am

Mara'tril folds her arms. "I think the time is up, note passing is rather slow, both for them and for me to counterbid. I think the note-passers ought to be at the auction if they want to beat a bid when the time is almost up. Well?"
Karala retired
Mara'tril

— Paranoia

Shadowspinner70

Unread post by Shadowspinner70 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:12 am

"One hundred and seventy-five bags, and they were ready with another fifty, though it is rather slow. It's theirs if they come and get it. If not, I'll let you know." Aunrae purses her lips at the other female. "If they do, we have other items and we'll restock soon."
Aunrae - Bardess

nightingale

Unread post by nightingale » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:25 am

Mara'tril frowns angrily. "ready where? They slipped a note right under my nose? I was given no chance to counterbid. This is how you conduct your business? I'll give you 200 bags of plakla now for it."
Karala retired
Mara'tril

— Paranoia

Shadowspinner70

Unread post by Shadowspinner70 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:01 pm

"Ilythiiri don't fight fair. Hardly anyone does here. You both have exactly one more cycle. I'll declare the counter bids. Your time starts now."
Aunrae - Bardess

nightingale

Unread post by nightingale » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:32 pm

At this Mara'tril scribbles a note, careful to keep anyone from reading it, and slips it to Aunrae, saying "I'm not fighting fair, I withdraw my bid of 200 bags of plakla, since this is not much of an "auction" "

//PM inc
Karala retired
Mara'tril

— Paranoia

Shadowspinner70

Unread post by Shadowspinner70 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:50 pm

"It is an auction. You lost and I extended my auction a day for you, still." The drowess loses her near-constant smile and her voice edges near monotone as she reads the note.

"You can peruse our other goods or wait until I have an influx of new items, but folding to your terms after I have already given you an extension gives a bad look. I am rescinding this one cycle extension; the timer on this helmet ends now. Final bid: two hundred and twenty-five bags."
Aunrae - Bardess