In Character Role Play at Flaming Fist HQ Docks District

The "Year of the Arch" Campaign

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Calodan

In Character Role Play at Flaming Fist HQ Docks District

Unread post by Calodan »

Kory pulls up his hood a bit as he walks along the road past the Radiant Heart headquarters the rain slowly permeating his fur cloak and hood. He glances a moment at the guard near the gate then plods on toward the main gate of Baldur's Gate city proper. As he walks the soft squish of mud can be heard with each step. He passes through the gate and heads immediately for the Flaming Fist headquarters and Inspector Greytalker. His intentions were not clear to any but himself as he enters the Fist entrance he talks with the guard

Lo' there good sir. Is Inspector Greytalker available? You may tell him Koryeneer of House Sentinel has come to speak with him.
Kory Sentinel
"We should take the army head on!"

"... it sounds like a terrible idea, but look at that smile."
"And he just sounds so confident ... he is a favored soul."
"Even if we don't survive, he will, and isn't that what matters?" -Red Lancer
mixafix

Re: In Character Role Play at Flaming Fist HQ Docks District

Unread post by mixafix »

Lom Longstride in near perfect disguise as a Dock worker, not working, follows close behind. The moment is broken as Kory passes. "Psst, Kory it is I, Lom. I will wait here for the moment. Be careful in there there are at least 6 Guards. One will work for the Harpers,2 will work for the Thieves Guild, three for the Inner light, and all for the Dukes." He returns to his imitation of an idle Dock worker, ready to support the big man if he needs it. He watches for those watching those talking.
Calodan

Unread post by Calodan »

Along his walk Kory stops for but a moment when Lorn stops him and nods then is off without much word otherwise. If and when he is permitted to enter and talk to the inspector Kory would enter and introduce himself formally then would speak at length with the inspector about a prisoner he was holding within the Fist compound.....

I am Koryneer of House Sentinel Inspector and I must ask you forgive me for showing up without an appointment. I had wanted to get in here as soon as possible for every moment this gang of assassins and their leader is out there puts all of us in very dire danger. Breathes deeply If you can first share with me what you know and have gleaned from the prisoner that would be most helpful so when I go to speak to her I am not just getting a repeating of what she said to you already. Pauses waiting for the inspector to chime in at this point

While the inspector would talk Kory would listen intently and when finished he would speak again Thank you for that. Tell me what techniques of interrogation have you used already so that I may try new ways and not just again repeat tactics and waste time? Have you tried depriving the prisoner of sleep yet? Another long pause to allow the inspector to answer

Before continuing their conversation after the inspector finishes Kory chimes in quickly Oh! I almost forgot Inspector that some others of Hunters might also wish to pursue a way to get information from the prisoner. Kory would then give names and physical description of the other members of Hunters to the inspector so that he may know who is part of the investigation as well for entrance
Kory Sentinel

DM Hera

Unread post by DM Hera »

@Kory and Others.

The castle is more intimidating in its high walls along the docks then most have expected, sheets of rain water washing down its sides as its Red Banners with Fist Icons and Burning Flame remain unwavering in the harsh weather.

Your permitted with in the court yard along with -any- other of the Hunters who wish to join you as your held waiting a moment you can feel eyes of guards upon you. The watchful gaze or curious or perhaps other upon your back. It isn't to long however before the door to castle is opened and steps out a man to greet you in the heavy rain of spring.

He is a tall man a model solider with a thing gray beard and gray eyes. His hair has become salted with experience and his armor is finally kept. "I am Investigator Graytalker. I hear you have questions regarding my prisoner. "

The Investigators voice is a thick heavy rasp as he continues. "You wish to speak to Lady Ralia Fenswallow, accused of plot, treason and blood magic against the Noble and Rightful Rulers of the City, the Grand Dukes. Her target Grand Duke Entar Silvershield?"

The man lets out a grunt, as the rain soaks you both.

"I have been told of these assassins and brigands, though this woman has been in our cage for over a month now. Surely you do not think she is still communicating with them. I will also say that due to adventurers I have gotten all the evidence I need to ensure a conviction."

*his jaw shifts as he continues to unblinkingly stare at you.

"We do not torture ladies of the court if that is what you are asking Mister Sentinel. She has not been convicted yet and as such is afforded the privileges and comforts of her position. There will be no forced interrogation. As for who has met with her, many, each group having a different goal and different questions, though their names are for them to give not I."

*lightling of course crashes in the back ground as the mud grows thick*

"I will permit you to speak with her and others with you if any. Rules will be followed. These rules are absolute and are not to bent. "

"You and your company will always remain out of arms reach of her cell. you will pass nothing nor accept nothing. She is still a Lady till conviction and you will address her proper for her station and show respect to such position. You will find magics if you are of such perversion weakend if able at all. You agree to this statement and to swear upon it with your honor?"
My personal view is in red, for I am fancy.
Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US »

Wren had quietly joined Kory as he'd passed into the fortress's courtyard. She remained silent and watchful, her hood remaining drawn- as much of a shield against prying eyes as it was to ward off the heavy rain. She kept back, and hugged shadows as much as possible, though she was not attempting to hide. It was only when Investigator Graytalker lay down the rules of engagement that she finally stepped wholly into the light and made herself known.

She gave a respectful, deep incline of her head. "Of course, Investigator. I give you my word on my behalf that the conditions you have set forth will be adhered to. The Lady Fenswallow will be approached with utmost respect for her station."
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
"A bit ex-Zhentric" -Winterborne
DM Hera

Unread post by DM Hera »

Fury_US wrote:Wren had quietly joined Kory as he'd passed into the fortress's courtyard. She remained silent and watchful, her hood remaining drawn- as much of a shield against prying eyes as it was to ward off the heavy rain. She kept back, and hugged shadows as much as possible, though she was not attempting to hide. It was only when Investigator Graytalker lay down the rules of engagement that she finally stepped wholly into the light and made herself known.

She gave a respectful, deep incline of her head. "Of course, Investigator. I give you my word on my behalf that the conditions you have set forth will be adhered to. The Lady Fenswallow will be approached with utmost respect for her station."

The mans heavy gray eyes set upon Wren for a moment before he gave a stern nod of acceptance of her words. He moved his gaze back to Kory "You will have others with you? "

The rain continued to come down in sheets and slide along the walls of the castle and muddying the ground. With each crash of lightning, the shadows where lit just briefly, oh the eyes watching from these corners, and who did the work for, Lom's warning ever mindful.
Calodan

Unread post by Calodan »

Kory looks to Wren as she speaks up then if only for a moment searches the grey skies as is his habit sometimes before speaking

Yes Inspector I plan on this lady to be with me. This is Wren and she is a kinsman from my hometown whom I trust as a close person in faith through Hoar. She is also the one who brought to the Hunters the oath she swore to bring down this gang and their leader. I agree to all that you have said and both of us shall honor anything the Dukes put down as law within their lands. I swear oath of allegiance that the prisoner will be treated as she so rightly deserves in her station Inspector.

Kory would then look to Wren at this moment

I am going to let you take the lead here Sister of our faith. I may have stumbled already in asking if they used techniques that are obviously considered a big no and I do not wish to further stumble. I trust you understand how to approach this? I will accompany and take notes then perhaps confer with you on what we should ask next during the questioning yes?
Kory Sentinel

Mausman

Unread post by Mausman »

The Witch Hunter emerged from behind the two, as he cleared his throat

"Cheeky, going off already. Forgiveness, I fear more introductions to the Inspector are in order..."

A Wolfish smirk did flash then
Wulfrik, Hunter Ever, Hunter After

Alaan Skriesong, Anarchist, Assassin, Wild Person- Retired with his She-wolf Elfling in a homely cave -Retired
Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US »

Wren turns to regard Wulfrik as he arrives, offering a hint of a smile from beneath her hood as she inclines her head. "It is good to see you, old wolf. Should we tarry a bit longer to see if Talas is yet coming?"

To Kory she then nods. "I will gladly speak with the Lady Fenswallow. Are there questions you have in mind to begin with? Now would be an opportune time to discuss them."
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
"A bit ex-Zhentric" -Winterborne
DM Hera

Unread post by DM Hera »

Investigator Graytalker raised his head slightly recognizing the new arrivals presence. He did not feel rushed nor worried to stand in the heavy rain. Seaming rather wait for your full party then be bothered to fetch a late arrival.
Calodan

Unread post by Calodan »

After waiting some time for anymore members to appear suddenly Kory finally speaks

I believe this is everyone Inspector. It is just us three at this point. Kory would scan a few guards for a moment as if sizing up which might work for whom after Lorn had warned him. Well Inspector what do you have a place we can all go inside and speak about what you have gathered thus far? Once done we can have Wren then ask the Lady what she wishes. This is Wren's oath upon the Thunder to Hoar and I will let her seek the questions she wishes to ask. As well as Wulfrik here. They have been most active and vigilant in this particular endeavor.

Again Kory looks to the skies as a flash bursts through the clouds lighting them up in full purples, grays and variations of blacks illuminating the sky for but a moment. Good no wings in the skies a brief thought then his attention comes back to the current party and situation
Kory Sentinel

Pommel
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Pommel »

A heavy tread is heard behind the other Hunters, and the clatter of arms and armour as the others are about to head in. A swordsman of shadow aspect approaches behind the other three, as they are about to follow the inspector in. The man's cheeks are marred by the beginnings of a salt and pepper beard. His boots are splashed with the mud of travel. His helm is under one arm, the other resting on the pommel of his curved blade. He is familiar to the other hunters.

"Four." Talas says in his Moonsea brogue. His dark eyes speak of thunder. "I'd see this Fenswallow."
Don't be angry, Patroclus, if you learn -
even though you're in Hades - I gave Hector back
to his father for a worthy ransom
But I shall give a proper share to you.

Talas Marsak, Blademaster and Avenger [Hiatus]
Darius Holding Company
Bladestone Foundation
Calodan

Unread post by Calodan »

After Talas finally approaches and it finally seems all have gathered for the questioning of Lady Rahlia Fenswallow Kory would move towards the door to head inside and start the process of figuring out how to locate Mother Night and her assassins. What was said and asked known only to the Hunters and the Inspector at this point unless some of those guards of course tell their other employers.......
Kory Sentinel

Mausman

Unread post by Mausman »

Pommel wrote:A heavy tread is heard behind the other Hunters, and the clatter of arms and armour as the others are about to head in. A swordsman of shadow aspect approaches behind the other three, as they are about to follow the inspector in. The man's cheeks are marred by the beginnings of a salt and pepper beard. His boots are splashed with the mud of travel. His helm is under one arm, the other resting on the pommel of his curved blade. He is familiar to the other hunters.

"Four." Talas says in his Moonsea brogue. His dark eyes speak of thunder. "I'd see this Fenswallow."

The Witch Hunter smirked and landed a firm slap on the Knight's right shoulder-plate

"Four t'is, Brother mine, four t'is"
Wulfrik, Hunter Ever, Hunter After

Alaan Skriesong, Anarchist, Assassin, Wild Person- Retired with his She-wolf Elfling in a homely cave -Retired
DM Hera

Unread post by DM Hera »

The heavy door to the fortified keep opens, it creaks and screams with the weight of the wood, bolt and iron its constructed from. Peering through the tunnel before you, it is darker then the night above...

Into the Keep...

Into the Dungeon...

Into the Darkness..

Return to “The 1353 (2017) Campaign”