Custom Appearances

Suggestions for Aesthetics, Graphical Changes, and Other Media Team Items

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Quality Control, DM

DM Ditto

Re: Custom Appearances

Unread post by DM Ditto »

Choggs wrote:Ok, I'm brand knew to toolset, but I was able to enter a random value to create an appearance. Is there a list anywhere to have and idea what number to enter model 1 ,2, and 3 instead of just random appearance. So id have an idea of what to enter as values.

Thanks

There is no list of what number corresponds to what appearance, as far as I am aware.

All available numbers should be under a drop-down list if you do not want to type in a random number. You can play around with appearances that way. Remember to save often!
Forum Rules | Server Rules | PvP Rules

Text in pink is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the DM Team in general!
Choggs

Unread post by Choggs »

For example on a sword:

Model 1-blade
Model 2-guard
Model 3-pommel

You can alternate the different combinations to get the look your going for.
"The wild is in my blood."
DM Echo

Unread post by DM Echo »

*coughs* Umm Hi.. I am back.. And will be happy to resume getting everyone beautiful again once I can. :)
DM Echo

Unread post by DM Echo »

I have been getting some UTI files sent to me lately and I want to take the time to explain why erf files are prefered over UTI and make a quick guide for exporting erf files.

First, make your item. If you want/need a more detailed guide for that process it can be found here: http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=47647

Make sure it is classified as bgtscc, that makes it much easier for me to find in the toolset vs having to hunt through all the items in the game to find your item.

Next, at the top left of the screen, select file, then export. That will open a screen that looks like this:

At the top where it says Type by default it will have selected conversations, change that to ItemBlueprints as I have done here. Select your item and then click Add. Then hit OK and select the destination and name for your .erf file.

As you see I sent it to my desktop to make it easier to find when I upload it to whatever fileuploader I choose.

Now I want to take a moment to explain why not to send UTI files instead of erf files. It is far harder for me to import UTI files into the game. for erf files I:

1)launch the toolset
2)import the item
3)place it somewhere on the map
4)log into my server as a DM
5)pick up the item
6)export my avatar
7)Log into bgtscc with my new avatar-done

For UTI files I have to
1)send the UTI file to my (already over crowded) override folder
2)launch a normal campaign
3)make a new character (well.. I could use an old one but they are all deleted :p)
4)Listen to Daeghun Farlong (probably the worse part of this)
5)open the console commands and enter debugmode
6)look up the name of your file, hope it is the same as the itemResRef (IDK if it is by default) and type giveitem "filename" (again hoping it is the same as the ResFef)
7)export my character
8)move my character .bic from localvault to dmvault
9)Log into bgtscc with my new avatar-done

It doesn't look like many extra steps but the steps are quite a bit longer...

There are other reasons I won't go into but put simply, if you send me or any of the other DMs a UTI file, at best you will be told to resend your file as an .erf, at worse it will get ignored. So, in the future, please send all armor customization files a .erf, not UTI. Thank you.
DM Echo

Unread post by DM Echo »

I made a video in the hopes that it will make it a bit easier for anyone trying to make their own armor. If you do (virtually) everything I did in this video you should have no problem. I of course didn't add any properties to the armor except making it mithral full plate and I didn't spend the time to really design it how I would personally want it to look.. This is just to show you each step required to make your own armor.

If this video doesn't explain well enough how to make your armor, let me know and I will make another video, slow it down a bit and go through each and every step with you for multiple items.

P.S. Yes, this is my theme song..
P.P.S. Yes, I added it to hear DM Ghost rage.

Edit: Video updated
Duster47
Retired Staff

Unread post by Duster47 »

Those of you who never before used the Toolset, or did not know to do this, it is highly recommended you disable the Auto-Save feature. This is known to crash your working module. (Going by memory)... At top left in the list, select "View", then "Options" and a box should appear. Find "AutoSave" and change from TRUE to FALSE.

(Also from memory):
For Armor (clothing) appearances, the default is to wear brown cloth gloves. I always change this to be bare hands. On Appear/Armor-Set tab, Click the box to right of "Gloves", click in appearance box where it shows "Cloth" and change to "Naked". Below, change the number from <whatever> to 1. The person displayed hands should change from wearing gloves to being bare-handed.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Unread post by LISA100595 »

Duster47 wrote:Those of you who never before used the Toolset, or did not know to do this, it is highly recommended you disable the Auto-Save feature. This is known to crash your working module. (Going by memory)... At top left in the list, select "View", then "Options" and a box should appear. Find "AutoSave" and change from TRUE to FALSE.

(Also from memory):
For Armor (clothing) appearances, the default is to wear brown cloth gloves. I always change this to be bare hands. On Appear/Armor-Set tab, Click the box to right of "Gloves", click in appearance box where it shows "Cloth" and change to "Naked". Below, change the number from <whatever> to 1. The person displayed hands should change from wearing gloves to being bare-handed.
YES YES YES! And did you also know when you change them to the bare hand look and wear bracers on your character... the bare hands show instead of the gloves :D
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
ladyawesome

Unread post by ladyawesome »

none of the download links for jegs or otherwise is working for me. Where are the bg moduals saved? (never mind think I found the right jegs thing.)) ((I take it back again, the jegs doesnt have all the available options))
DM Echo

Unread post by DM Echo »

ladyawesome wrote:none of the download links for jegs or otherwise is working for me. Where are the bg moduals saved? (never mind think I found the right jegs thing.)) ((I take it back again, the jegs doesnt have all the available options))
Yes.. We might need a new download for the mods if someone doesn't mind going through the trouble of giving us a full download list?
kkrazlite

Unread post by kkrazlite »

So i'm trying to make a custom outfit and when ever i change the "Localization" of the file it completely disappear from the list of modules. Iv'e try'd making the armor several times and the localization change does the same thing every time it just straight up deleted the module that i was working on.
Royalty? No it was simply an Election.

Player 1 Select Your Character:

Lo' - The Waunderer of Shou Lung

Aeb'el - Lord Cold Circle, Temple of the Great Blizzard
Aspect of Sorrow

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow »

LISA100595 wrote:YES YES YES! And did you also know when you change them to the bare hand look and wear bracers on your character... the bare hands show instead of the gloves :D
You can also do this in game by AT glitching the item with the appearance changer up.
xLegionx

Unread post by xLegionx »

Does anyone know of any other modules I can download and access new item designs to use? Like an items mod or something?
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war."

Loghain Keswick- Paladin of Tyr and Squire of the radiant heart-(biography-reediting)
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Unread post by LISA100595 »

Aspect of Sorrow wrote:
LISA100595 wrote:YES YES YES! And did you also know when you change them to the bare hand look and wear bracers on your character... the bare hands show instead of the gloves :D
You can also do this in game by AT glitching the item with the appearance changer up.
How do you do that?
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

having trouble getting the files i need to get started on this. once i get this i think the video echo provided is very straightforward and helpful. achievable even for someone who is TERRIBLE at doing these sorts of things

edit: did the add file thing and just added all of them. took a bit but now i have all the resources in the builder to do this.
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Lyrae

Unread post by Lyrae »

Can we use any of the armors/cloaks found here:

http://neverwintervault.net/project/nwn ... -and-armor

Return to “Media”