Custom Appearances

Suggestions for Aesthetics, Graphical Changes, and Other Media Team Items

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Quality Control, DM

Maecius
Retired Admin

Re: Custom Appearances

Unread post by Maecius »

Some of the NPC models are actually naked, and they've just been designed to look a certain way. If a DM tries to steal their dress or armor to clone it for a player -- there's nothing to steal!

Unfortunately, the only way to get some of these unique-looking items is to reproduce them yourself in the Toolset. (Or find someone who is good with the Toolset and make friends with them. :lol:)

The two in-game appearance changers offer a great deal of variety and customization, but do not (and probably cannot) offer the same level of creative freedom that actually using the developer tools will allow you.
Aspect of Sorrow

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow »

Maecius wrote:The two in-game appearance changers offer a great deal of variety and customization, but do not (and probably cannot) offer the same level of creative freedom that actually using the developer tools will allow you.
Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

Aspect of Sorrow wrote:
Maecius wrote:The two in-game appearance changers offer a great deal of variety and customization, but do not (and probably cannot) offer the same level of creative freedom that actually using the developer tools will allow you.

Make belts customizable!
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
Miyuki

Unread post by Miyuki »

That wasn't my question.

My question was, how i can find more variations there. Which menu or so. Which are the TWO in-game appearance changers. I know only one you can buy.

Can anyone explain a bit more, please?
Self-confessed tkl tool denier!

Freya Evans, Lucky Maiden and Bardess on the path of Tymora [Bio] [Journal] - "Luck isn’t only random. The best Luck is what we make for ourselves."
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

You can access the second appearance changer (the "old" appearance changer) using the little Neverwinter Nights "eye" icon in the lower-left corner of your screen.

When you open up the menu by clicking that icon, one of the commands there is "Change Appearance." Clicking this will open a window (GUI) where you can change the appearance of the various parts of your character's equipped items.

It's generally advised that you only be wearing the item you want to change when you utilize this, as some players have had issues with it while wearing a complete set of items. I've never lost anything myself while using it, but better safe than sorry!
Miyuki

Unread post by Miyuki »

Thank you, i am already grateful that i could change boots.

But more there wasn't. Gloves are still not changeable and belts sadly also not changeable.

I also still haven't found the models i'm looking for. So can i ask a DM, show him the NPC i mean and he/she can copy their clothes for me?

Freya Evans, Lucky Maiden and Bardess on the path of Tymora [Bio] [Journal] - "Luck isn’t only random. The best Luck is what we make for ourselves."
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Gloves can be changed, Seraphine, using the appearance changer kit. Bracers cannot be; they only have one horrible appearance option (whatever the default appearance is for a particular set) but you can change their colour.
Blackhorizon
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Blackhorizon »

With the in game tools you can change head item (hood, helmet, mask, circlet etc.), back item (cloak, pack etc.), boots, gloves (excluding item type bracers) and armor.

You have to have an item in said slot to be able to modify it. If you only wear an armor and no other items, you might still have boots and gloves/gauntlets because they are either on the armor model or shows your default appearance that has them. These are not changeable, only the armor with various armor pieces are.

There are different types of materials that have different models. It's possible that not all are accessable for every item.

DM cannot copy NPC clothing if they do not have an equipped item. Can always ask and in the worst case there is nothing they can do.

The last option is to make your desired look in toolset following the given guidelines.
Fierlith Silverglade | Light of Sehanine Moonbow
Tara Leafheart | Hayley Aers

~~UTC+2 (+3 DST)~~
Miyuki

Unread post by Miyuki »

Thanks for the many informations. THat worked so far.

So if i want to make something that isn't doable in game, to whom can i send it?

roke42

Unread post by roke42 »

Also be warned about another bug from the old appearance changer: it's possible that mithral armors loose their mithral properties if you use the changer from the player menu. For this issue there has been another variant introduced, which can be acessed at Maltz on the surface and in the shop area in Sshamath.
Laya - Cookiemaster of Doron
Valaklith - Shadow of the past
Vesgar

Unread post by Vesgar »

roke42 wrote:Also be warned about another bug from the old appearance changer: it's possible that mithral armors loose their mithral properties if you use the changer from the player menu. For this issue there has been another variant introduced, which can be acessed at Maltz on the surface and in the shop area in Sshamath.

This is nice, but if the armor is enchanted then you can't remodel it via Maltz's little backroom. :/
- Gareth Velahrn -
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Vesgar wrote:This is nice, but if the armor is enchanted then you can't remodel it via Maltz's little backroom. :/
You can, actually. Use the back-room mithral modder and set it to the first available appearance. Then use Charlie's or the Appearance Changer widget to set it to your desired look. I've done this with my drow who had a suit of +2 Mithral half-plate.
Miyuki

Unread post by Miyuki »

Now i tried to build custom clothes in the toolset with Jegs Training Module. But the options seem a bit few from what is available in game.
Also the link on the first page for the haks is empty for me. Nothing to downlaod.

Does anyone know where i can get a complete version or the haks?

roke42

Unread post by roke42 »

It's possible to open jets with the module builder and then you have to assign the each of the bgtscc game to the module. It's a pain to do that, but in the end, you'll have all the appearances available.
Laya - Cookiemaster of Doron
Valaklith - Shadow of the past
Miyuki

Unread post by Miyuki »

And how do i do that without the haks? What do i exactly have to do?

Return to “Media”