Requested Appearance changes

Suggestions for Aesthetics, Graphical Changes, and Other Media Team Items

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Fury_US

Requested Appearance changes

Unread post by Fury_US »

Just a few things that I'd like to toss in a request for- hopefully none of these things are too difficult, so I figure it's worth a shot.

First of all, and I know this is hard to see, but in the appearance changer>clothing and armor>armor parts> right or left leg, the men have an option for daggers. Since there's not really a belt or hip option for daggers like there is a sword, I'd love for the thigh daggers to be made universal, if possible? For male or female of any race?

Next up is a great winter dress that suffers from the "tint strength is crap, so everything comes out muted and drab" Is there any way to increase the tint strength on this?

The next one is one of the new robes that seems to be tintable on men, but is not at all for women. Can this get fixed as well? (Conversely there is another robe of the same style that women get that is tintable, but the right arm on it is absolutely horrifying if you happen to be female. I'm guessing that's *not* an easy fix).

And last but not least, is this travesty. While I realize that some people might actually like this, it replaced a perfectly good dress that I really wish we had back as an option. Is there any way to get the old one back as well?

Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
"A bit ex-Zhentric" -Winterborne
Blackhorizon
Recognized Donor

Re: Requested Appearance changes

Unread post by Blackhorizon »

Fury_US wrote: And last but not least, is this travesty. While I realize that some people might actually like this, it replaced a perfectly good dress that I really wish we had back as an option. Is there any way to get the old one back as well?
Hidden: show
This used to be my favorite until something happened to the midsection. Please, bring the old version back. There were no necklace painted on the skin, no vest, no see through parts. It was a dress.

Old one
Fierlith Silverglade | Light of Sehanine Moonbow
Tara Leafheart | Hayley Aers

~~UTC+2 (+3 DST)~~
Miyuki

Unread post by Miyuki »

*bump* I just posted a similar thread, but i second this one as well.

There are really beautiful clothes, that have been either taken out of changed in a way, they have been destroyed.

Especially the model we see on Fierlith here, it's really sad we don't have it anymore. Can we please get it back?
Self-confessed tkl tool denier!

Freya Evans, Lucky Maiden and Bardess on the path of Tymora [Bio] [Journal] - "Luck isn’t only random. The best Luck is what we make for ourselves."
Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

Could the third appearance on Wren be made elf-friendly somehow?
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
Miyuki

Unread post by Miyuki »

Maybe it was a try to make it elven. But i think this is all but not elven.

If one of my toons would wear it, they would fear, anytime some guy comes and asks "How much?" :mrgreen:

Even if this model stays in, I would still want the old model back, too. Please bring it back.

Freya Evans, Lucky Maiden and Bardess on the path of Tymora [Bio] [Journal] - "Luck isn’t only random. The best Luck is what we make for ourselves."
Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

Seraphine wrote:Maybe it was a try to make it elven. But i think this is all but not elven.

If one of my toons would wear it, they would fear, anytime some guy comes and asks "How much?" :mrgreen:

Even if this model stays in, I would still want the old model back, too. Please bring it back.

I mean https://i.imgur.com/PKuZkNd.jpg can only be worn by humans. Elves get errors.
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

chambordini wrote:I can do the dagger thing sure.

The weak tint, we'll let the media team handle that.

I'll see if I can find the old dress, but it's not like one replaced the other, usually we just add new stuff at the bottom of the list, dunno why the "old dress" was removed if it was working fine, what category was it in? Cloth?

Hoihe wrote:Could the third appearance on Wren be made elf-friendly somehow?
Be more specific?
Linked in this post https://i.imgur.com/PKuZkNd.jpg

I think Tantive knows a way.
Miyuki

Unread post by Miyuki »

Yes, i the old dress was useable by humans, half elves, elves and Aasimar at least. For small races I don't know.

Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

chambordini wrote:I can do the dagger thing sure.

The weak tint, we'll let the media team handle that.

I'll see if I can find the old dress, but it's not like one replaced the other, usually we just add new stuff at the bottom of the list, dunno why the "old dress" was removed if it was working fine, what category was it in? Cloth?
Cloth, yes.

Ideally would like to see both versions kept as it adds variety. But actually, if the leg part on the 2nd see through version would be fixed, that'd be best. It looks very odd. Why have the skirt be connected at the bottom at all? I like the top part (I do play a Sunite!). It should be a cut & paste thing, hopefully.

This dress, for clarification:
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
Herisheft
Retired Staff

Unread post by Herisheft »

Somehow it looks like two textures merged :D
I'll look at it. IT's really weird.
I am your Rick Sanchez for today...and Simon Cowell for tomorrow.

Iglith Motrax - Girl with the saddest eyes...
Seteneptra Ma'u Vyacheslav- Red Wizard & Khazark of the Thayan Enclave

Evolution doesn't take prisoners.
Herisheft
Retired Staff

Should look like that after next update, and old dress shall return as well.

Sun Wukong

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

Herisheft wrote:Somehow it looks like two textures merged :D
I'll look at it. IT's really weird.
It is most likely due because the new appearance might still be using the old appearance '_N.dds' file for light and shadows or '_T.dds' file for what areas of it are tintable. Possibly both.
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
Miyuki

Unread post by Miyuki »

Herisheft wrote:Should look like that after next update, and old dress shall return as well.

I'd be happy if we had both models, too. :)

I sadly only found a screen from an old server i played on before and adjusted it. But this is how the original version looks completely.

Herisheft
Retired Staff

Yes, I know how it suppose to look like because i was wearing it on my character :) Thanks to this little glitch and mess with the files, there will be a new dress to make people happy.

Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

Thanks again Herisheft! It's appreciated you've looked into it!
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller

Return to “Media”