Spell Icon - Dimitry's Final Flare

Suggestions for Aesthetics, Graphical Changes, and Other Media Team Items

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

sir_blacksoutalot
Recognized Donor

Spell Icon - Dimitry's Final Flare

Unread post by sir_blacksoutalot »

I'll admit it: I'm a sucker for a good icon. With spell icons, I sometimes base my caster's entire loadout around well-designed icons.

To the subject at hand: Dimitry's Final Flare. This spell used to have the perfect icon. It was a purple blast-looking graphic, totally appropriate for this AOE spell.

For whatever reason (perhaps an oversight?), the original Dimitry icon got changed to an orangish graphic, likely related to a flare but I can't really make out what the shape is intended to represent. I don't mean to sleight anyone's artistic endeavors, but the current icon is just not as appropriate as the previous "purple blast" version.

Unless others prefer the new look, can we please go back to the previous icon for Dimitry's Final Flare? It will make my hotbar look soooooo much more stylish.

|> Glymuldor Gryxulmyr — Moon Elf Shadowmancer
|> Voskul Gloamfathom — Genasi Shadow Archer
|> Vyrana Ravenmoor — Priestess of Misfortune
|> Grum Grognazdiak — Dwarven Trickster
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Re: Spell Icon - Dimitry's Final Flare

Unread post by Rhifox »

The current icon is a loaf of bread being thrown. It comes from an incident where Dimitry threw a loaf of bread at Ulraunt, which got him kicked out of Candlekeep.

I don't know the full story, but the gist of it is that a loaf of bread is appropriate for the spell.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
sir_blacksoutalot
Recognized Donor

I don't know the full story, but the gist of it is that a loaf of bread is appropriate for the spell.
Oh man, now I hate that icon even more!! ;)

I'd still like to request that we change it back to the older way, way, way more cool version. I know, I'm one voice among many.

(unless there's a way to customize spell icons similar to how the App Changer can change equipment icons? guessing not, but doesn't hurt to ask)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

As Rhifox said, it is indeed a depiction of an epic flying loaf of bread. I mean, I get you, sir_blacksoutalot, since the current icon pictures an old gag rather than how you would imagine this flare would actually look like. Let's say, if more people support you in this thread I'll change it to something else when I have time. It won't be just the old one brought back, though, since it wasn't really perfect, it was just a shrinked screenshot from some game without any editing (I know you mostly meant that you enjoyed its color scheme).
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
sir_blacksoutalot
Recognized Donor

As Rhifox said, it is indeed a depiction of an epic flying loaf of bread. I mean, I get you, sir_blacksoutalot, since the current icon pictures an old gag rather than how you would imagine this flare would actually look like. Let's say, if more people support you in this thread I'll change it to something else when I have time. It won't be just the old one brought back, though, since it wasn't really perfect, it was just a shrinked screenshot from some game without any editing (I know you mostly meant that you enjoyed its color scheme).
A new and improved supercool spell icon?

I'm all in!!

Can we show a little love here guys? Anyone else up for upgrading from the current Dimitry's "loaf of bread" icon?

Almarea90
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Almarea90 »

Actually I suggested the loaf of bread, so I take full responsibility. I thought, and still think, it would have been a cute Easter Egg, but I apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused.
Edelgarde Spades - Guide of Candlekeep and Deneirrath priest, still a Disney princess in the wrong tale.

Gleam of the Firefly - In your darkest hour, look for the firefly

Auntie Ed's Wands(TM): Saving the Coast one Protection from Evil at time.

Candlekeep Public Collection Reference
sir_blacksoutalot
Recognized Donor

No apologies necessary, Almarea.

Seems I'm the oddball here. Always been too darn picky in life.

Whatever you guys decide is fine by me. I'm sure the media team has plenty more important things on their plate than catering to the whims of one fussy player.

Return to “Media”