Selfish Earth Genasi Request

Suggestions for Aesthetics, Graphical Changes, and Other Media Team Items

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

CommanderKrieg

Selfish Earth Genasi Request

Unread post by CommanderKrieg »

Please could we have some more human looking faces and hair choices for earth genasi? The current humanish face has eyes the bulge out :(
-Insert profound statement-

Out of good ones.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Re: Selfish Earth Genasi Request

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

Those eyes are the last thing the foes see before they die... Savage
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
CommanderKrieg

Unread post by CommanderKrieg »

A bald option would be good as well. All of the hairs in the hair helmets clip on the earth genasi hair :(
-Insert profound statement-

Out of good ones.
LivT

Unread post by LivT »

The eye bulging is a particularly annoying issue 😓 but in agreement the genasi heads can be expanded for both male and female. Will look into it.
Iolanna: High Druidess of the Green Enclave, Arch of the Crescent Moon, Druid of Greenest, Faithful of Eldath

Elle Avery: Knight of the Radiant Heart, Cleric of Tamara

Ophelia Hawthorne: Whitewood Vanguard

Daigon: Guardsman of the Rocky Creek Trading Company
whatsittoya

Unread post by whatsittoya »

From what I've seen, this limitation applies to all the Genasi heads, and I would be extremely gratified to see even just a small expansion to their options in the form of bald heads.
Gemma, Dawnbringer
Sigrid, Bear Warrior
Kamila, Circus Performer
Grimhilda, Sea Witch
Geir, Man-Hunter
Astrid, SorcerICE
athornforyourheart
Lead Media

Unread post by athornforyourheart »

My creative juices/motivations on somewhat dwindling so if someone can SS about 4 male faces from humans and 4 female faces, we can convert those over easily.

The eyes bulging issue should NOT be apparent on any newer models since the 2017 "holy (do-me), those eyes! pack" , so if we are having any of the newer models have eyes bulge, we've not gotten reports about it.

I think, the issue with just converting Human Faces to Earth Genasi via face only was that there could lie the possibility of a human rping with earth genasi stats or an earth genasi rping as a human. Either or.

So what faces, we do convert, we'll likely create a specific eye texture for those converted models to help create a line in the sand for such actions.

We can also provide a new normal map to create earth like cracks in the face and such... to create this effect as well.

as for hairs, all newer hairs are made to fit the standard models, if not, at the least, any newer face models we put out. We do not create content around the Xaltar head models pack, ever.

These models up above.

The Xaltar's head models were not created to align with the original vanilla heads of the game. Therefore some may have experienced newer content such as hairs not being fully compatible with them as we create content based on heads created in the likeness of the vanilla content.

All in all, request received. LivT and I are discussing the possibilities, but finding already in game faces in the humans section and SS them can help us tailor this request for our general audience. We don't always get it right in media team lol.
Ghost
Global Admin

Unread post by Ghost »

It's not entirely appropriate to have genasi who have literally no visible genasi traits, though. So bear that in mind.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

athornforyourheart wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:16 pmI think, the issue with just converting Human Faces to Earth Genasi via face only was that there could lie the possibility of a human rping with earth genasi stats or an earth genasi rping as a human. Either or.
This kind of godmodding was already happening 8-)

That said, I'm against such things myself. I'm also not in favor of different unrelated races (for example, elf and tiefling) sharing the same facial appearances. If there would be conversions, I'd say they should have some distinguishable genasi features, even if minor ones.

Also, bald genasi - YES, so much yes.
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
Oarthias
Custom Content

Unread post by Oarthias »

Already stated it on the discord, but I'll do so here as well. I'm working on cloning the hairs.
~Vanira (Boots)~
Captain, Order of the Radiant Heart & A Councilor of Doron Amar
~Menolly Silverarrow~
Druidess and Elixir Maker

Return to “Media”