Weather on the server

Suggestions for Aesthetics, Graphical Changes, and Other Media Team Items

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

JustAnotherGuy

Weather on the server

Unread post by JustAnotherGuy »

I have absolutely no clue how hard this would be to code, so I may be proposing an idea that's impossible. Or, it might be simple. I'm no coder!

But there is a site, here where one can go and see the weather on any given day across Faerun. I was wondering how much of a task it would be to somehow link the weather with the weather we see in the game. Could be a really cool effect on RP.

It's not a necessity, obviously, just a thought that I had today and decided to share it.
"Now this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky,
And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die."
- Rudyard Kipling
JustAnotherGirl

Re: Weather on the server

Unread post by JustAnotherGirl »

I do love that website! I use it often to plan my toons clothing and to RP the current weather more accurately. I only wish we had some good cold weather furs for the females. Most of the furs bare so much skin and the one or two that don't do not look very "nature-y". Lol.
Ashling, High Ranger of the Green Enclave
Antras89
Custom Content

Unread post by Antras89 »

Try use belt on armor, then select category of belt MP, you have there alot fur and anti cold attachments
Maraav Deinir, Archmage from Halruaa bio : viewtopic.php?f=153&t=78256&p=942751#p942751
Leader of Mage guild : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=78295&p=943013#p943013
Aspect of Sorrow

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow »

There was a discussion a while back wherein various points represented in the PW could inherit the daily weather forecast of a location on Earth that it closely approximates for climate. These can be pulled from an RSS feed once a day for that city and the server can then mimic that behavior. Can't get much better emulating real climate than to pull data about it currently.
DM Winter
Head DM

Unread post by DM Winter »

I'd love a dynamic weather system, especially as winter approaches (heh), plus the new temperature system. But as I understand there might be some coding difficulties/limitations
Winter is coming... Or something like that, idk, you get the joke

My Event's Rules & Guidelines
Server Rules / PVP Rules / Narrative & Expectation

The HDM on Desk Duty!

Return to “Media”