Rumors & Events of the Upperdark - Rockrun

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Upperdark

Moderators: Moderator, DM

yyj
Recognized Donor

Re: Rumors & Events of the Upperdark - Rockrun

Unread post by yyj »

Two unlikely travelers, one a hooded elf wearing a green dress and a fencing lighting genasi with thundery hair, deep in the caves, ran into two other unlikely duo, a svirfneblin and a dark elf.

The group of surfacers was keen on leaving in peace after exchanged greetings, but the dark elf was adamant in letting them go in peace.

After asking a few questions, the dark elf focused and set himself on fire, what happened after that is not clear, but the dark elf fell, mortally wounded.

The other three left the area soon after.
Here to help
Sims#4559

Please donate
https://www.americares.org/
yyj
Recognized Donor

Unread post by yyj »

A shadow hidden in the tunnels near the Titanfist mine, watching for anything or anyone who passes by.
Here to help
Sims#4559

Please donate
yyj
Recognized Donor

Unread post by yyj »

In the caverns of the Underdark, very close, to the entrance of the Surface, a shadow encounters another, one of them, covered face, and the other, showing an angry expression.

"Hood off!" The angry drow said.

"What do you mean, brother, those dang surfacers at it again?"

"Yes, and hood off so I don't have to worry about this."

"For Lolth?"

"Remove your hood"

"Don't tell me you are one of those spider kissers, I will give you one chance, stray away from this path or your life is forfeit. You lolithes are not welcome on the surface and I will drive back every one of you, a message must be sent."

The heavy drow loudly spits.

"That is enough, I will add you to my trophies!" The strong drow yelled before charging into battle.

A great battle ensued, one battled with full force while the other with agility, an extended battle, both fighters relying on potions and magical artifacts for an advantage... The drow veteran of many battles was tireless, but the shadow was fast, still, the drow wounded her heavily, and at this point she knew she had to flee, the chase was long, alas, the drow could not follow her where she went, heavily wounded and leaving a trail of blood behind.
Here to help
Sims#4559

Please donate
ScreechOwl

Unread post by ScreechOwl »

There is apparently a "crazed drow" scouring the upper dark, from the ogre caves, to the river below rockrun. She asks questions of the local denizens. Wounding or maiming some who are alone and do not answer quick enough. Some manage to return a blow ... but she vanishes before a second can be delivered.

So far none have died, but ...

By the questions she asks ... she is desperately searching for some one? or something?

You sure you want to know what she asks? Pray she does not come seeking her answers from you.

quick note, in order to avoid any godmoding, i have done all of this IC and IG as much as i can as a PC vs NPCs, though not with a DM presence. If any DM considers any of this to be godmoding, i apologize and will of course retract.
EasternCheesE
Quality Control

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

*a note is attached to bulletin board in mist lake, written in undercommon*

Gelatinuous cubes were spotted in upper level of Kro Labyrinth. Those adventuring there, keep an eye for those to appear again and make sure to destroy any dos come across.
Such creature migration may cause native inhabitants to move to civilized areas causing destruction and deaths.

*Note contains no marks of author, signature or seal*
EasternCheesE
Quality Control

There were no signs of Gelatinuous cubes in Kro's labyrinth lately, but new threat emerged to those who challenge themselves at Oghrann's ruins. Extremely strong baleful spiders are infesting already dangerous area making it even harder for every adventurer. Those were spotted twice by myself already.
The first contact was almost a death to me, but i managed to flee. Surprising enough that those creatures seem to be allied with crazed inhabitants of this place.
I have prepared much better for my second expedition and, after a long fight full of using magic, scrolls, wands and many other means, i was able to put those to rest.
Will they be back again, called by those residing in old temple, who knows?
As evidence of this victory, i took a mandible of the biggest and deadliest of those creatures.
Be alert and spread the news if you find any proof of them returning.

I am ready to cooperate to investigate the source and reasons of such creatures moving from where they normally belong.

Your decent rogue and awful wizard.
*signature*
EasternCheesE
Quality Control

A pale albino tiefling is spotted often chatting with svirfneblin scouts, fishmonger and other Mist lake inhabitants and guests, offering gold for the information on Mist Lake water routes and surrounding caves. He declares he seeks the information on direct path to Kro's Labyrinth that won't lead through dangerous places like Ruins of Oghrann.

A poster on bulletin board is left, declaring that he is willing to pay 25 bags of gold for any maps, or guide on surroundings.