The Sanctuary [RP Thread] - Billboards

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Upperdark
Cinnamon

The Sanctuary [RP Thread] - Billboards

Unread post by Cinnamon »

All Plotlines must have screenshot proof dumped onto this page, please & thank you.
Have fun and stay safe!

You cannot know any of this information unless you have replied or sent an inbox, saying the character(s) visited. It is a public resource, but only if you clarify you visited.

The Sanctuary is not difficult to find, and currently, the Billboards are presumed to be inside Rockrun, for your screenshotting pleasure.

These are the only rules here. Thank you. :)

Any and all "Find Mark" named posts have:

[The Portrait on the Billboard is an immaculate, life-like image, drawn meticulously, in a traditional-style, made with slate rock.]

- Cinnamon

There are Two Billboards:

The one outfront details all the Events, as if people can sign their name.

The one inside, is much more detailed and has relevant necessary information about their current status, maps, plans and yadda yadda.

Blackrose [Alliance Forging]

"You are to help the Blackrose anyway you seek fit, in doing so, they will reward you.

Come to me and I will usually double your reward, if Amos tells me you did the job as he asked."

- Rae

Current Blackrose Plotline:

"Kill the Bugbears, that's it. Stop them murdering people. Amos will reward you 25,000 bags for a successful completion, you must sign his contract to be eligible, and speak with him to better understand what his task encompasses, I may have gotten it wrong."

"He can be found in Soubar."

"However, if you want to see a penny from me, you must bring the living corpses of every single one, petrified or alive in some other form, otherwise I will not pay you anything myself. "

"I have Amos' blessing that as long as they are brought to me, it is considered a defacto kill and does not breech his own ask, as they are never leaving my Sanctuary."

- Rae

Reward for Bugbears: 1,000 per 3

Adventure / Gathering / Research

Petrification R Us

Currently, gold is extended for any who wish to run about chasing down various Monsters to bring back.
If anyone wishes to join them and be paid, they are Publicly known to all who visit the Guild.

"I will own all Chieftains and anything else that is of interest to me.
Below, you will find the heads and locations of them. - Rae"

Current targets: Ogre Chieftain, Black Orcs, Displacer Beasts, Umberhulks, Bugbear Scouts,
Helmed Horrors, Mindflayer, The Green Dragon of Wyrm's Forest, Yuan-Ti Purebloods,

Reward:

Cost of Petrification Used, 1,000 per "Basic Mob", 1,500 for "Basic Mob Yellow", 2,000 per Chieftain.
Magical Research - Generally anyone can accomplish this, knowledge is knowledge.

I & DMs [assumedly] will expect Arcana Rolls, Lore Rolls, Spellcraft Rolls etc before commentations.

Varasalla's Lamps - Ludek Demothes assigned task.

Various Spells - Inquire within.

Dusty Tomes - Any, especially Planar Names. 50k or more will be exchanged.
Mysterious Incident of the Chieftain Wizard - Scouts Required [Rangers / Survival Skill]

Currently there is a Bugbear Wizard murdering Soubar's Merchants, we've seeked to be given [DM Response Pending] access to solve the problem, this is a real Plotline and is Blackrose's Plot. We have hired Amos as an Envoy on the mission.

"I require anyone to factually substantiate the rumour of a Bugbear Wizard held up in a Stronghold somewhere near Soubar.
Your reward is what you ask, and perhaps any particularly fascinating money made from the event itself."
- Rae

Reward: Pending

Bugbear Vampires?!

Rae is waiting for SummerBreeze / HDM to give the go ahead.

"I traded the blood with Morgan, my theorycraft is going well thus far."

- Rae

If you don't like Vampires, now is a really good time to let me know.
Meeting with the Black Orcs Diplomacy

Pending.
The Radiant Heart

It's no secret Ibrandul and the Radiant Heart aren't on same terms, however Rae has sent a letter for a meeting.
There are also detailed plans of stalling posted publicly on the charter, where any of the Mercenaries may wish to cause interference at locations noted as Aaron's Patrol spots.

The task suggests you are never to attack Aaron, but may play pranks and silly ideas you come up with, to stall his time on the roads.

"Your mark is Aaron Lyon, of the Radiant Heart. You can't miss him, he wears a cape and everything, oh, and here's a portrait I drew of him."

"Annoy him as you see fit, do not injure him or his companions, your reward will be brought to a flat zero if I find out you attacked him under our banner or my name."

- Rae

Reward: 1,000 Gold per twenty mintutes of stalling RP made.
Supply Rendezvous - Sayushi is the typical runner of this event, however Kitsune is busy IRL so expect Forum-only RP when they can manage.

Rae has put a lot of back and forth time into setting up Merchants to deliver Surface related content to The Sanctuary, we are after all a Glorified Hostel with Mercenaries residing as part of the process.

Should you wish to check on this, ask me for the list of Merchants, and you are expected to RP on behalf of the Guild, and meet them at the Blackrose Outpost on Boarskyr Bridge, and safely escourt them to Rockrun, NO TELEPORTING.

If the Merchant dies, you are expected to bring their corpse to The Sanctuary, where we will charge them for their inconvenience, and the quest is still considered a success.

If everyone dies, we will come and collect your corpses when you are late, as Rae is a huge stickler for being on time, and we will not charge the Merchant extra fees and deduce the inconvenience from the Mercenaries pay-out.

If I find out you teleported, I will not accept you did the run. This is a no brainer.

This particular Plotline should coincide with the DMPC initiative as well.
Building an actual Orc RP Location - Just Preset, very low effort Map at best, honestly.

No idea how to approach this, but it's been on my mind for months.

Tempus is a huge Pantheon for Orcs, so it's important to her to do it.

Currently, plans are to establish security on Roaringshore, and create a Safe Haven for more people who cannot stomach sickly Barbaric painted Orcs, rather than them all dispersing to random Guilds and Factions with little chance of meeting another.
This would be the real defacto Safe Haven for Orc RP, because Uruk Lurra, whilst I absolutely adore it, is frankly trash for any player, due to how severely blunt the land is. You need to know and stave yourself against the non-pg13 horror grimdark village it is, which most people who pick Orcs, want that Orc fantasy, where they're oblivious and lack thought process, but if anyone found out they were in Uruk Lurra, they'd be trialled as a spy or worse, presumably.

It's not realistic or favourable to expect Orc Players to have to go somewhere that's Chaotic Chaotic Evilest Evil Town.
Ogre Chieftain - Capture and Demands

Settle a peacekeeping terms, set-up a quick travel route right to the Sanctuary's Front door, to avoid running the full map and being safe, namely for Merchant RP really.

I will be building a small tunnel way that has about 5 Bandit Encounters, but all NPCs.

They will ambush with dialogues, then you can choose to attack or not.
This is a direct dupe of Xvart Scripts, because it was a good idea and made sense.
This is important because it stops us becoming bad terms with Duegar & Ogres, which we don't want to happen.

Winding Water: Shut down the portal - Player Event Request

THERE IS CURRENTLY NO DM BEHIND THIS QUESTLINE weirdly

Rae has finished her meeting at the House of Spades, they have tasked her with simply closing the Portal, the reward for the Guild is 200,000k

Whilst Rae has severe Planar understanding, it falls to an Arcane Wizard to do the Job, and she's only 5th Tier at best, and not an Abjurer of any kind.

"This doesn't make me happy, the gold will come in handsomely, though. - Rae"

Tyr's Scales

HIGHEST PRIORITY PLOTLINE, HAPPENING SOON:tm:

Rae is going to be judged by Tyr Followers.

Will she face retribution or admonishment?

Will you let her fall or free her?

"Seek out Jebedoah Grimm, if you wish to announce my guilt or innocence to the case of Nalissa Colds' mysterious and untimely death."

"Augustine, of the Chondathan River, residing in the Tyr Temple, is to be my selected and personally vetted Priest in the matter.
Seek him out, if you wish to announce my guilt or innocence to the case of Nalissa Colds' mysterious and untimely death."

- Rae
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Social / Investigation Plots:

Amos Has A Redheaded Lover!

Anyone who finds this out will be steeply rewarded. Have fun, you sneaky kids.

Reward: 50,000 but only if you get the name correctly and Amos confirms it.

"Feel free to lie and reap the consequences. - Rae"

Why is Hanner stalking Rae?

"If you found out an answer, true or false, be sure to give to me. -Rae"
What gift will make the Bane Vigilator like me?

"If you can find out what makes Barristan of the Black Abbey see someone favourably, let me know.
Your reward will be less handsome than he is, but handsome all the same."
- Rae

What Happened To Janette Skein?

"I'll never know the answers at the rate I am going - Rae"

Jergulite or Myrkul Priest required.

Reward: To Be Discussed
The Phoenix and the Old Veteran

There is no particular goal post here, we simply just RP as and when.
Mostly, Rae priortises her Kossuth Religion when they RP, though Fenwick does not know this to my knowledge.
Lover's Quarrel

Thok & Rae are on speaking terms.
Ginger Tiger & Obsidian Killer

Urfindr seems to have been noted as having finally accepted a Contract.
Third time's the Charm?
The Love Letters

Anyone who felt brave enough to raid Rae's personal quarters would find them.
Simply let me know that you did.
Red Wizard Resurgence

It's not much of a secret that Rae enjoys Magical Trinkets and visits the Enclave regularly, though you need to have physically seen it and report that you physically saw her interacting with anyone Robed in Reds. Otherwise, you will be accused of Metagaming and I will log it.
No hard feelings.
Proselytising
Rae reports she failed at a proselytising - conversion therapy - attempt on someone, she will not try to do this gain, ever.
Main Four
Bar, Thayvian Pupper // Cinnamon, Idealistic Heart // Chalk Hart, Sorceress of Amaunator // Joel, Emerald Commoner

Noa,
Laslow,
Gruum,
Truffles, Underdark
Chalice, Underdark
Caspar,
Tracey,
Penelope

Return to “Upperdark Roleplay”