Seeking belts and armours

Need to Hire a Mercenary Who Doesn't Ask Questions? Want a Magic Halberd? Post to the Want Ads!

Moderators: Moderator, DM

VillageGreenWitch

Seeking belts and armours

Unread post by VillageGreenWitch »

Posters start appearing throughout the Trade Way and even as far as Soubar and Greenest.

They state the following:

"Be it known, that I, Shea Leansson, will pay a fine sum of gold for an armour and a belt which support me in my merchantly activities.
If gold is not what you are after I may be able to offer an unusual item or two - although I am not Kel the Legendary and have no access to a dragons' hoard.

Leave a note at the Arm or the Elfsong - I will travel to you if the offer is worth it.

Shea"

//Seeking a belt or an armour with at least +2 Appraise bonus, other properties are welcome but not needed.
Ideally the armour is not that heavyweighted, the type of armour doesn't really matter, though.

I have a few rather rare items to trade but no epic stuff.
Shea Leanson - red hair, silvery tongue and an ironic smirk

Aly'andra Vandor Sha - dead (killed by Khar and Tor'rak)
Svabodnik

Re: Seeking belts and armours

Unread post by Svabodnik »

A note, quickly penned and speckled by castoff from a variety of alchemical compounds, eventually makes its way to the Elfsong, addressed to Shea.
While such a fitting girdle has eluded my own search, perhaps a suit of supple leathers could aid in furthering your ventures, already battle-tested by the wars waged at the auction block? Coin spent now for coin saved later. One thing I do offer for free - the streets speak of a lesser trader's garb, offered readily among the posh of Baldur's Gate.

My wanderings will trail back to this tavern in due course, wish you to leave behind a message for me to find.

- Aliss
((tl;dr: Have leather armor with +3 Appraise that I am willing to sell. Conversely, Seven Suns Mercantile's vendor in BG Palace District sells Tunics of the Fence for a bit over 10K, which have a +2 Appraise bonus.))
Hidden: show
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
VillageGreenWitch

Unread post by VillageGreenWitch »

*a hastily written note is sent as a reply*

"Dear Aliss,

I will gladly have a look at your leather armour as soon as we find time for a meeting.
And thank you for the tip about the tunics, this may well be worth a visit as well.

I will be back in about 2 days time from now and hope meet you soon.

Best regards,

Shea"

//Totally forgot about the Seven Suns :o
But since your leather armour is more or less exactly what I was hoping to find, I'd prefer the trade with you.
I'll not be available until monday afternoon (GMT) and hope to be able to arrange a meeting.

@all others: Nevertheless the belt is still sought. ;)
Shea Leanson - red hair, silvery tongue and an ironic smirk

Aly'andra Vandor Sha - dead (killed by Khar and Tor'rak)
Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik »

((I may be on call for a stretch of Monday, but should be able to pop in at least for a bit to make the trade. As I've seen +4 appraise gear drop among random items before, probably best to wait for a couple days anyways to see if someone else has a better set kicking around in the meanwhile. :) ))
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song

Return to “Want Ads”