[Multiple Locations] Seeking Artists, Historical Witnesses, and First-Hand Accounts

Need to Hire a Mercenary Who Doesn't Ask Questions? Want a Magic Halberd? Post to the Want Ads!

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Maecius
Retired Admin

[Multiple Locations] Seeking Artists, Historical Witnesses, and First-Hand Accounts

Unread post by Maecius »

Greetings stranger!

Are you a veteran of the Amn-Gate War? Did you survive Baldur's Gate's plague? Do you know the story behind the destruction of Triel, or the founding of Doron Amar? Have you borne witness to significant changes in law, such as the return of the Enclaves of Thay to Baldur's Gate or the reestablishment of a self-governing Beregost?

My name is Caelus Moon, a humble priest of Oghma. But where I am humble and of admittedly quite modest talents, I have nonetheless given myself a great task: To write a history of the past decade or so of our little slice of the Sword Coast.

If you have lived through modern historical events and would like to share your perspectives on them for this history being written, please contact me by letter or in person at Candlekeep's Temple of Oghma. I am willing to come to you, wherever you are located, or to help pay your passage to me. I am also prepared to pay you for your time in recounting noteworthy historical events from your own perspective.

Finally, I am seeking talented artists to assist in capturing some of the major historical events that have shaped our Coast -- from the siege of the temple of Bhaal (now called the Friendly Arm Inn) to the more recent devil wars to everything in-between.

[ Copies of this invitation find its way into many of the towns and villages and inns across the Sword Coast. Copies are even delivered to Darkhold. Caelus pays for messages to be carried to Sshamath, as well, by intrepid adventurers and foolhardy merchants, but he has no idea if they make it there or not. ]

[ This is the "official" start of a pretty ambitious project on my part to produce a real, mostly coherent/cohesive, and at least somewhat comprehensive mixed IC/OOC history of the server from its creation in late 2008/2009 to the present day. The IC sections will be based on widely known and available IC lore and on the interviews I manage to RP out with folks. The OOC "behind the scenes" sections of events and campaigns (including the "secret" truths that players maybe never actually discovered behind certain plots and other bits of server lore not otherwise widely known in character) will be based on my experience and knowledge as a former DM and administrator. Currently, my goal is to complete it by sometime in 2022. ]

[ I will be commissioning community artists to produce work to illustrate the .pdf as well -- so if anyone is interested, let me know. I'll need a cover illustration, and drawings of various key NPCs and (especially) historical server events and landscapes. An example (or sneak peak) of one such piece, already commissioned to WolfyPaints, can be found in the spoiler below, of the fabulous Fzoul Chembryl. ]

Hidden: show

Return to “Want Ads”