The Steel Trading Company -- Epic Items (Added Dusty Tome)

Moderators: Moderator, DM

zyztem

The Steel Trading Company -- Epic Items (Added Dusty Tome)

Unread post by zyztem »

Holmer Steel of the steel company has recently decided to trade some of his collections for offers of items of equal value or gold. Attached with this flyer is the list of items and his contact information

//List updated on 11/03/18 to cross off sold items and add a few new items
One Dusty Tome for sale
Last edited by zyztem on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Svabodnik

Re: The Steel Trading Company -- Epic Items

Unread post by Svabodnik »

A message scrawled with a shaky hand is sent to the contact information provided.
The Steel Trading Company:
To whom it may concern,

Two of the items you have listed in your flier has sparked my interest. Specifically, the set of armor, titled ‘Mithral Full Plate of the Monk’s Hilariousness’, and boots, titled ‘The Silver Wet Boots’. I would be willing to offer a value of 125,000 gold coins for each, for 250,000 in total for the pair.

If you feel the value is insufficient, please return a reply to the Elfsong to one of my name, and as such we may negotiate further. If instead you would prefer to open the articles to public auction, those would be my starting bids.

My thanks and the Binder's wisdom,
Volga Svetogorov
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
Nemo

Unread post by Nemo »

A calishite merchant would as well offer his bids on the pair of items (mithral armor and dodge boots), though offering 250,000 gold pieces for each, for a total half-million on the pair.
zyztem

Unread post by zyztem »

Nemo wrote:A calishite merchant would as well offer his bids on the pair of items (mithral armor and dodge boots), though offering 250,000 gold pieces for each, for a total half-million on the pair.

Holmer Steel sent out a letter explaining that the boots were already sold, however he would accept the offer for the armor
slajiik

Unread post by slajiik »

Half-elven young, wild-looking female wearing malachite-green mithril chainmail bodysuit decorated with unnaturally black fur and petrified roots approaches and leaves note. The wirting in hardly readable because of lack of any calligraphy or style. Letters cover each other, have different sizes:

Quite inteRWEsting amULet of tURning.
How much golD reqIUIred to get thatH fancy thing?

The QuIte BeneVOolent One.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

Seeing the flyer, Tarent thinks a moment and then draws up an offer attaching it under where the ring of Arcane Power is listed.
I offer 50 bags of gold or trade bars of equivalent value, whichever you prefer for this ring.

Tarent Nefzen,
Master Alchemist, Enchanter and Scribe
Baldur's Gate.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
The Whistler

Unread post by The Whistler »

An easterling in extravagant orange robes emblazoned with the symbol of the Firelord offers to purchase the Ring of Arcane Power and Buttock of the Quick Dwarf for half a million gold.
Schrödinger's Cyricism: NPCs simultaneously know everything and nothing about Cyric until observed by the Cyricist. Then they default to the state that disadvantages the Cyricist the most.
zyztem

Unread post by zyztem »

The Whistler wrote:An easterling in extravagant orange robes emblazoned with the symbol of the Firelord offers to purchase the Ring of Arcane Power and Buttock of the Quick Dwarf for half a million gold.
"Offer accepted, please reply with your preferred time and location for the trade."

//PM sent
zyztem

Unread post by zyztem »

slajiik wrote:Half-elven young, wild-looking female wearing malachite-green mithril chainmail bodysuit decorated with unnaturally black fur and petrified roots approaches and leaves note. The wirting in hardly readable because of lack of any calligraphy or style. Letters cover each other, have different sizes:

Holmer Steel sent out a reply, with big, print style font, explaining that he would like to get at least 50 bags of gold from such amulet.
slajiik

Unread post by slajiik »

zyztem wrote:
slajiik wrote:Half-elven young, wild-looking female wearing malachite-green mithril chainmail bodysuit decorated with unnaturally black fur and petrified roots approaches and leaves note. The wirting in hardly readable because of lack of any calligraphy or style. Letters cover each other, have different sizes:

Holmer Steel sent out a reply, with big, print style font, explaining that he would like to get at least 50 bags of gold from such amulet.
Woman wearing mithril chainmail bodysuit left another scribbling.
Fine PRiCE. But I chanGed my MinD. GreaT thingie, but TOO much LiGHT on IT, for my Taste.
Light is bummer.
Sorries!
zyztem

Re: The Steel Trading Company -- Epic Items (Added Dusty Tom

Unread post by zyztem »

On the new flyers that the steel company were handing out, a passage was added to it "Recently acquired a Dusty Tome of ancient knowledge, send offer if interested"
Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik »

A missive arrives, addressed to the contact information provided within the fliers.
Holmer Steel,

I would deign offer a sum of 135,000 pieces of gold for the Boots of Fear listed in your recent flier. If this is satisfactory, or unsatisfactory as you would feel they are worth more, please send reply to the Elfsong.

Best regards,
Peytr Nik'ku
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
sinopip

Unread post by sinopip »

A man, not looking young, with white short hair and wearing some priest robes : "I'm a book seeker, this dusty tome intrigues me. I saw some previous costs before, but the knowledge inside could me minor. I would buy it between 15 and 20 bags, if this is good enough for you."
zyztem

Unread post by zyztem »

sinopip wrote:A man, not looking young, with white short hair and wearing some priest robes : "I'm a book seeker, this dusty tome intrigues me. I saw some previous costs before, but the knowledge inside could me minor. I would buy it between 15 and 20 bags, if this is good enough for you."
Holmer Steel sent this man a reply explaining that it is far from good enough for him.
sinopip

Unread post by sinopip »

Ben puts his hand on his chin, lowering the head a bit : "Hmmm..." He raises his head after a moment of thoughs. "Alright, 40 bags it shall be. Does this suit you ? For my part, I believe this is a descent price, although some lore seekers put 50 bags. Well, you decide, it's my last offer. I can wait a bit, if the price rises by another, then I'm fine with that."

Return to “Marketplace - Archive”