Flaming Fist Camp

The "Year of the Prince" Campaign

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DM All Father

Flaming Fist Camp

Unread post by DM All Father »

*The last few weeks have seen a military buildup in the fort, defenses have been vastly improved with a palisade wall going up and semi permanent facilities being raised. The soldiers present are clearly on a wartime footing and always armed and armored when awake. Few patrols have gone out, but The Green Enclave scouts have been freely interacting with The Flaming Fist officers and scouts. Clearly they are planning and gathering information on what’s been happening in the forest.

The soldiers have also been drilling daily, preparing for small engagement and practicing a curious melding of swords and pole arms. Clearly not a ‘normal’ tactic, but one the sergeants are drilling day and night under a variety of conditions
.*

A few days later

A shout goes up in the eve as Duke Eltan himself strides out of the command tent, the entire force of First Company deployed in the vicinity .. blades and cross bows leveled at anyone not know or trusted by the violent solders. Druids and "The Circle" present would receive more then a little bit of the attention, The Arch Druid and High Ranger would be 'invited' back to the command tent. With their departure. . .First Company would ring the tent, covering all approaches to and from and cutting off any observers.

*The meeting would end quietly with Duke Eltan exchanging handshakes with the pair and returning to the tent. As the meeting ended the tension in the camp would quiet notably and normal activities would resume.*
"I am the unknown Will,
The Anger that threatens glory and ruin:
Lord of Storms am I,
in heaven high and caverns deep."
Winterborne

Re: Flaming Fist Camp

Unread post by Winterborne »

While patrols moved along the roads along the edge of Cloakwood, the Guardian took up post as a silent sentinel at a familiar tomb. He was motionless as he stood watch, eyes scanning the treeline and hand on the pommel of his sword.
Nathan Goldenmane - Guardian of Ilmater's Sanctuary, Mercy's Blade

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
Alexander Holgart

Unread post by Alexander Holgart »

Winterborne wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:06 am While patrols moved along the roads along the edge of Cloakwood, the Guardian took up post as a silent sentinel at a familiar tomb. He was motionless as he stood watch, eyes scanning the treeline and hand on the pommel of his sword.

The Tormtar Knight would join Goldenmane in his watch, without approaching the Flaming Fist and letting them do their work, making himself available should they need him.

He spends some time in silent prayer by Sir Billy Williams' grave before returning to the Temple of Ilmater in Baldur's Gate.

DM All Father

As afternoon became evening, a group of wagons arrived bearing the marks of House Darius. The Steward oversees the unloading of goods for the camp and it's troops - mostly various foodstuffs - fish, bread, meat, kegs of ale, water, and wine. There are additionally tools included - axes, hatchets, shovels, hammers and the like, things men of war might use to fortify or tear down a position. Finally, a box of crafted vial pouches are included. They are secure enough to protect their contents with a reinforced panel and are made to what some of the men might recall as familiar specifications - designed to hold potions at the ready to be grabbed with short notice with one hand in the heat of battle. A number of dockhands present with the shipment begin helping to unload the cargo whenever they might be cleared to so the soldiers can save their energy for more important things.
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
DM All Father

((I will be opening a DM area attached to Cloakwood when I am able, with gnoll encounters and possible plot items.

I will be doing this on a regular basis, I am aware of how a plot can stall out and I’m trying to fill some space here for you guys. There will be a DM portal to the attached area and will create Gnoll encounters within it.

Given I can’t always track who enters and gets involved I will leave token items to track that involvement
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
artemitavik

Unread post by artemitavik »

Given the Cloakwood's proximity to the way of the Lion, the gnolls there, and the Bladestone Foundation, Derik Ranloss has been seen moving through the woods from time to time. He does not attempt to make his presence a secret in any fashion.

If he encountered any significant resistance is not known.

((what area will the portal be created in?))
Derik "Crimson Bulwark" Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!! (yes, I know he doesn't wear red)
Headmaster:Bladestone Foundation.
Owner:The Last Anchor

Braithreachas Leomhainn
"My purpose is to shed blood for those who can't, and to bleed for those who shouldn't."
DM All Father

The first aggressive patrol dispatched after the defenses were completed returned with a single wounded man and two gnoll prisoners.
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
DM All Father

((And the portal, if it’s up, will be next to the camp.))
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
artemitavik

Unread post by artemitavik »

Derik Ranloss is seen at the Flaming Fist Camp, speaking to the leaders. He formally extends the welcome of the nearby Bladestone Foundation and its arena for extra space to train/blow off steam for the troops, as well as the Warrior's Rest for a new place to have a drink and socialize when off duty.
Derik "Crimson Bulwark" Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!! (yes, I know he doesn't wear red)
Headmaster:Bladestone Foundation.
Owner:The Last Anchor

Braithreachas Leomhainn
"My purpose is to shed blood for those who can't, and to bleed for those who shouldn't."

Return to “The 1357 (2021) Campaign”