Three shifter bugs

Items currently acknowledged by staff for fixing/further staff discussion (Only staff should put threads here to avoid confusion)

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Calen

Three shifter bugs

Unread post by Calen »

- >POLYNOWEAPON is no longer working.

- When you pick a form (Say owlbear) you sometimes shift into a Dyrad , happens with other forms as well and it's just Dyrad.

- When you shift towards your regular form there is some sort of lag which still keeps all wands red, and slowly makes them available.

Few suggestions for shifter as well:

1: Allow them to drink a potion while shifted/use ability such as NH.

2: Allow shifting into forms while being shifted for fluent gameplay instead of having to shift back to your normal form (So change from owlbear to cube directly)

3: Brig wiz/sorc slightly closer to the druid shifter by allowing them to be able to use epic tiger form/counting mage as medium bab etc.
Calen Drazkel - Back to the Shadows
Kethelis Thoatril - Weathering. Guarding Books
Idris - When life gives you rubble...
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Re: Three shifter bugs

Unread post by Theodore01 »

NH works, but needs to be toggled out of shape.
izzul

Unread post by izzul »

and if you drink lesser restoration potion to remove negative buffs. NH will be deactivated too
Azzizuleia Tyrielmrande-[Permadeath PC]
Eilondruil Eldanyar-Corellon Larethian[Battle Historian]
Iz Azul-Red Knight[Active]
Krueger-Trader viewtopic.php?f=55&t=56617
Mystera Electra-Mystra[Goat Girl]

"give to yourself, took from others-Integrity and Justice"
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Hi there.

1) Nopolyweapon was causing issues and was turned off until Matelener find the way to make it work properly.
2) Does it happen to you often? I never experienced this even after 1.5 hours of straight testing while running around areas. Can it be you were accidentally casting a spell right after using shapeshifting or clicking escape? Most polymorph-style UIs do choose some first option if no input is given.
3) This thing happens with all shapechanging and polymorphing, not just shifter one. I doubt there is anything can be done to it. My advise is opening your inventory right after you unshape, i found it fastening the process significally.

1) They can use NH and, as of potions, it's a very controversial topic which was discussed several times but not succeeded to be agreed upon.
2) Unfortunately, such actions will cause stacking stat issues that's why it wasn't implemented in first place. Matelener did a lot of job to try to make it real, but it wasn't fruitful.
3) As i was told, later on, arcane/divine shifters will be able to get few specific shapes that will be only available to them. Right now, shifter is obviously more aligned to druids, but things can change with further development. As of medium bab, wizards can get augment form feat which solves their low BAB issue.
Last edited by EasternCheesE on Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Upon further testing, Augment form does only affect shifter polymorph and shifter shapechange, not shifter shapes.

Return to “Currently Under Review”