Quests not resetting

Items currently acknowledged by staff for fixing/further staff discussion (Only staff should put threads here to avoid confusion)

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Flatted Fifth
Recognized Donor

Quests not resetting

Unread post by Flatted Fifth »

My current main character Siobhan has had the Radger and Jaspen quest stuck in her completed list for several months. Some others on Discord have reported the same (and no, I didnt take the option to kill or threaten the badger). Now Blade and Stars Mugging (aka Nerisdove's Ring) is also stuck and has been for a couple weeks.

Also, no character of mine who has ever done Deadly Rodents (catching Old Dodger the rat in the outer city, Balduran Postal Service, or Mail Delivery has ever, ever had those reset. I don't know if they are intentionally one offs or not.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Re: Quests not resetting

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Flatted Fifth wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:53 pm My current main character Siobhan has had the Radger and Jaspen quest stuck in her completed list for several months. Some others on Discord have reported the same (and no, I didnt take the option to kill or threaten the badger). Now Blade and Stars Mugging (aka Nerisdove's Ring) is also stuck and has been for a couple weeks.

Also, no character of mine who has ever done Deadly Rodents (catching Old Dodger the rat in the outer city, Balduran Postal Service, or Mail Delivery has ever, ever had those reset. I don't know if they are intentionally one offs or not.
Please catch a DM ingame/write PM to them for your quest journal reset. Until we start working on major questing system rework, such things are not unlikely to repeat.
Flatted Fifth
Recognized Donor

EasternCheesE wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:22 am
Flatted Fifth wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:53 pm My current main character Siobhan has had the Radger and Jaspen quest stuck in her completed list for several months. Some others on Discord have reported the same (and no, I didnt take the option to kill or threaten the badger). Now Blade and Stars Mugging (aka Nerisdove's Ring) is also stuck and has been for a couple weeks.

Please catch a DM ingame/write PM to them for your quest journal reset. Until we start working on major questing system rework, such things are not unlikely to repeat.
Eh, I don't like bothering DMs in real-time (only annoying people in forum. :P ) I figure if a DM is in-game it's because they're doing something more important like telling a story. I just wanted you to know it's happening to me and others so it could be added to the list of things to fix.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Flatted Fifth wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:19 am
EasternCheesE wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:22 am

Eh, I don't like bothering DMs in real-time (only annoying people in forum. :P ) I figure if a DM is in-game it's because they're doing something more important like telling a story. I just wanted you to know it's happening to me and others so it could be added to the list of things to fix.
Well, honestly, we are pretty much aware of this and that questing is not super reliable, so we rely on our mighty DM team to help us keep it at bay for now. :)
Last time i had a quest stuck for over a week, it took DM like 30-60 seconds to fix me, so i still suggest you ask a DM for a fix.
Flatted Fifth
Recognized Donor

Blade and Stars mugging reset finally last server reset, two days later than all the others even thought I did them all the same day. The other 4 (radger, both mail deliveries, and the rat-catching) are all still stuck.
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

both mail deliveries are one time only, as is rat-catching now.
Flatted Fifth
Recognized Donor

Ok, so the only one that's actually bugged for me is finding the badger and that's fine. It doesn't matter anyway because I'm seriously considering rcring that char because I'm not happy with some of the skill and feat choices I made. I wish I could just de-level to 1 and re-level since I don't need to change stats and don't have any class kits. If anyone wants to help me with that I'd really appreciate it, but it's not worth anyone's time to fix the radger quest in my journal.
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

you can use the XP remover in the nexus.
Flatted Fifth
Recognized Donor

Does that give it back? Or do I then have to work my way back to lvl 29 the hard way?
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

it's called XP remover :D

but you can remove any amount.
Flatted Fifth
Recognized Donor

I need to redo all my skills from level 5 so I think im better off rcr, thanks though. i just hate the hassle of transferring my stuff and trying to get the character head appearance and height, etc, exactly the same. The rcr tree should give the option to relevel without recreating when the character has no class kits that would bug releveling. Same xp costs, of course
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

I can feel your pain, I hate that too.

Return to “Currently Under Review”