Bug + Hotfix (Until fixed)

Bugs or issues that have been fixed and will be live in the next server patch (the next time you download a server update)

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Re: Bug + Hotfix (Until fixed)

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Nathe wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:14 pm I've been playing a ranger cavestalker for a long time and I've found a bug + exploit about it. Exploit has already been reported to QC (via PM in game) but bug will be posted here since it provides no benefit but only problems + a little hotfix I've found after some testing.

At lvl 3, cavestalker alows you to use your hips in underdark caves if you have Ranger 17 (Hips outdoor), but for some reason there are some areas that bug this feat. For example, you can hips in oghrann ruins and you can hips inside halls, but once you enter in the halls you can no longer hips anywhere unless you use the hotfix. This has happened as well in the illithid mines (the cave close to the hive).

The bug always has happened to me after a reset.

The hotfix is quite simple. If you cross-server it applies the feat correctly so an underdark character that joins server 2 and then teleports to Mist Lake will not experience this bug. Once it has happened in game, log out and log in fixes it since joining again checks the character sheet.
In my testing, mist lake area was causing some problems since it didn't have needed scripts attached, fixed it already, but it will go live next big update. But, when running oghranns, i had HIPS outside area of oghranns and never had hips inside (which is really intended behavior).
That's really easy to check playerside since if area qualifies for CS stuff, you literally get "Hide in plain sight" into your feat list and it gets removed when area is not applicable. YOu also get "Cavestalker abilities active" message in your combat log when you enter the area that is suitable for CS abilities.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Re: Bug + Hotfix (Until fixed)

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Nathe wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:09 pm
EasternCheesE wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:19 pm In my testing, mist lake area was causing some problems since it didn't have needed scripts attached, fixed it already, but it will go live next big update. But, when running oghranns, i had HIPS outside area of oghranns and never had hips inside (which is really intended behavior).
I have had hips inside area as long as I teleport to mist lake, log-out and log-in. Problem is when I leave halls I no longer can hips until I log out and in again.
EasternCheesE wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:19 pm That's really easy to check playerside since if area qualifies for CS stuff, you literally get "Hide in plain sight" into your feat list and it gets removed when area is not applicable.
Damn I wish I knew this sooner. I wouldn't have died so many times :dance:
Well, mist lake part will be fixed with next big update since i fixed and commited it not doing some scripting

Return to “Fixed (Live Next Update)”