Weapon of Impact does not work on Gloves

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Kitunenotsume

Re: Weapon of Impact does not work on Gloves

Unread post by Kitunenotsume »

izzul wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:06 pm
Kitunenotsume wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:50 pm (IE: the glove can be Adamantine, but you never attack with it, and the Unarmed Strike does not have the property).
As such, despite multiple months of work, we were unable to modify Unarmed Strike outside 20/x2 outside specific hardcoded feats.

One bypass might be to apply modifications to hidden "creature weapons" on each PC, but that gets into very wonky territory with rather heavy bug/exploit risks.
I did test using Cold Iron Glove to hit Fire Giants, and still cannot bypass the 10DR it has, then proceed to test it against Balor and cant bypass the DR.

When i equip Cold Iron Quarterstaff, it works nicely same as all other weapons used.
Such is my point. Mechanically, you do not perform an attack with Gloves and more than you can perform an attack with Boots or an Amulet. The material of either has no respect on the weapon you are attacking with (Unarmed Strike).
When in doubt, check your character sheet - if the "Main hand weapon" does not list an item, it is not using a item for it's reference for special properties.(damage and AB is calculated seperately)
I play a baker. Sometimes she provides counseling or treatment.
Ask about our Breadflower daily special to save five coppers off a purchase of five pastries.
She seems unusually interested in cursed items.
She has also been seeking a variety of gems and stones.

Return to “Not fixable/hardcoded”