Troll Claws trolls are immune to mind affecting

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Troll Claws trolls are immune to mind affecting

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Heya,
Yesterday I had my RCRed char grind some trolls in Troll Claws map and the troll cave. However small problem was had as all of the troll varieties seem to be immune to mind affect. They have failed rolls for multiple spells (hold monster, gemidan's paralytic missle, fumble, Insanity) and also shadow daze from shadowdancer...however not a single spell affected any of them on failed will save. There was also no message about mind immunity or anything similar.
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Re: Troll Claws trolls are immune to mind affecting

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Should be fixed in next update. Thanks for reporting!
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Had to revert it because if they are not flagged immortal, they die from any dmg.
As i read on internet, immunity flag stops trolls from being affected by mind-affecting spells, it's another "obsidian present" in code as that stuff is executed enginewise.
I added debug messages to spell script itself and creature was definitely failing their saving throw and effect was meant to be applied, but wasn't.

Strangely, sometimes they were affected, sometimes they weren't by various mind-affecting spells.
Overall i found out that trolls weren't affected by: hold moster, charm monster (but in rare occasions they were affected by charm monster).
Sometimes they got affected by mass hold monster, sometimes not.

They were always affected by dominate monster.

Sadly, i'll have to put it into unfixable. Unless someone invents a proper way to prevent trolls from dying without using that flag, they will remain like this.
Last edited by EasternCheesE on Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

We should make a list and send it to obsidian to fix, just try it you know... :D
Thanks for checking Cheese!
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
RoseMiriel

Unread post by RoseMiriel »

Curse those trolls trolling us! I just rp it with my feylock as hags are protecting them!
Rose Rivineth
-Wands
-treasure hunter
-Flower Power Petal Witch
-White Mask Headmistress

Wysteria Moon
"Nya!"=^_^=

Azelia Rivineth
-Healer Priestess Alchemist Wands/Elixirs/Scrolls[/color
Morning Rivineth
-Merchant treasure hunter

Return to “Not fixable/hardcoded”