Introducing the BG, BG2, ToB, IWD1&2 music pack for BGTSCC

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff

Introducing the BG, BG2, ToB, IWD1&2 music pack for BGTSCC

Unread post by IAmDeathComeForThee »

Well folks, with the blessing of Luna to post this for you the public, Ive painstakingly gone over most of the music in the amazing world of BGTSCC and switched most of it over to the beautiful work of the original classics. BG, BG2 & ToB, IceWind Dale and IceWind Dale 2 (mostly BG1) have been added into this music pack to bring you back to the original forgotten realms series.

So, if you're interested here ya go, if not then dont worry, this is only for individuals who wish to change up their world a little bit without affecting anyone else around them.

While most of the area and battle music has been changed on the surface, I would say there is probably 1/4 to 1/3 of which I have yet to get to, and in time I can make some easy to install updates if people are interested. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get to the Underdark, but I know for a fact some of the surface dungeon and cave areas share the same music and the beloved drow will be able to experience a bit of this.

So, this is completely 100% optional for you to download and install or not.

Ive asked before for the dev team to implement the original score(s) and they've felt it was just to much extra download space to force on everyone. So as a result, I decided to change it for myself and then decided to let you guys in if you're interested.

So all you have to do is download the folder below. Here is a step by step guide how to get it installed. Very easy...

Step 1: Unpack the compressed folder using a winrar, winzip program etc.

Step 2: Open the main folder and Inside there will be three music folders lablled: Music, Music_X1, and Music_X2

Step 3: Install the folders into the following directory. Overwrite the files when prompted to do so.

Now load up BGTSCC and enjoy! :)

And let me know what you think ;)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26211815/NWN2%2 ... 20pack.rar

!Wyrms Crossing/Merchant Camp missing file music file!
htt p: //www.megaupload.com/?d=YTPMB0SA
((goes here--> C:\Users\Neil\Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2\music))

A word of caution, this will not only affect BGTSCC but any other PW out there which uses the same songs as well as the IC. Just to warn you all...
Last edited by IAmDeathComeForThee on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
DM Sword

Re: Introducing the BG, BG2, ToB, IWD1&2 music pack for BGTS

Unread post by DM Sword »

I think I will have to take advantage of this. The music from IWD1 was absolutely awesome, I hope most of that is in there.
IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff

Sorry, only about 2 songs :P I may have to change things up a bit to suit people's flavor, there is a lot of unused content from all of these games yet... I havent done much in the Amn mountains yet and I was planning to make those areas mainly IWD...
For now there mostly BG1 and BG2 is in there...

I should also make a word of caution, this will not only affect BGTSCC but any other PW out there which uses the same songs as well as the IC. Just to warn you all...
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
DM Sword

Unread post by DM Sword »

Oh no! I won't be able to listen to the same songs over and over again from NWN2! :lol:

Good work DCFT, this is a really cool thing you set up.
IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff

Thanks man :)

I hope it all works out well. There may have been a file or two ive forgotten to add when changing my own area, but possibly never ended up putting into the side folder. Hopefully not, but if so let me know. Little updates will be easily enough for me to do too along the way and easy for you to download without downloading the whole thing again ;)
catcher

Unread post by catcher »

Isn't this hilariously illegal?
Rhye Arken'sek
Who needs roleplay when you can grief!
IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff

Well, the official word from jlf2n(our founding father ;) ), back on the old forums when i first brought this up, was that bioware was 100% ok with what was going on here and the usage of the music when i had brought it up. It's also mentioned somewhere in the atari forums that all of biowares old content is free to use for the modding community. Same thing is being done with the single player Baldur's Gate module by Drechner and crew in the atari forums.
Aethor Siger

Unread post by Aethor Siger »

Oh man..I just tried it out. This is amazing. Good work man.
Aethor Siger. Paladin of Torm and Knight of the Order of the Radiant Heart
Adara Siger. Laysister of Torm
Naque
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Naque »

And for all time shall the name of DeathComeForThee be remembered and praised. Lest we forget the great service he gave to our people long ago.

Praise him!
I'm right 95% of the time; why should you worry about the other 3%?

Phillip Allimondar - Merchant Extraordinaire
Anidith Hesperax
Snorri Hammerfel - Crotchety Dwarf
IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff

lmao! :P glad you guys like it :)
AlphaCentaur

Unread post by AlphaCentaur »

I've been playing with the music on for the last few hours and I'm elated. Great job, man! For all the great things the server surely has, it would never be complete without the original music.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
Rask
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Rask »

You are my hero.
Rennec Rokranon, Chosen of Helm, Retired for now
Isra Wynterborne, Necromancer Hunter
Rask, The Lich, Retired
S.Ravenpath, collector an author of tall tales.
Nathka Blacksand - Khazark of the Enclave
Richter Bedevere - The Reveler and enjoyer of fine wines
Gareut

Unread post by Gareut »

Reason to -not- listen death metal while playing? Mayby Gareut will now survive past game session. Thänks!
Infamous Captain Kalma Hellstorm - Gentleman of Fortune
On our pillage through the Sword Coast, We sail heartless under the flag of Piracy!

Krenal Vandree - The Black Wizards
I am them!
JonBond

Unread post by JonBond »

I am rolling up a lvl 1 dwarf and jumping on right now to experience the awesomeness!
IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff

Well, you wont see many who've installed this running across Wyrm's Crossing anymore and actually take the time to walk, I can guarantee you that much :D
Glad you guys are enjoying it :)

Return to “Community”