Rumors & Events of the Sword Coast, North...of Baldur's Gate

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Steve
Recognized Donor

Rumors & Events of the Sword Coast, North...of Baldur's Gate

Unread post by Steve »

An in-character thread for Players to compliment the DM Rumors of the Northern Sword Coast thread.

Last edited by Steve on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Re: Rumors & Events of the Sword Coast, North of Baldur's Ga

Unread post by Steve »

For some days early in the month of The Claw of Sunsets, a figure, visibly human in form, wearing garments of a soothing blue, traveled the lands of Thunder's Ride along the tributaries of the Winding Water, facing and quelling any encounters or challenges from the humanoids that occupy the lands. Many bugbear corpses lay upon the waters edge, for days, after his passing—a bounty left for the scavenging beasts of the wilds. Perhaps, this was noticed by the other groups that have placed effort and action in Thunder's Ride.

This stranger, and his eventual arrival in Soubar, as well, may or may not have been remarked by the established merchants of the village, or others...but only in passing, for he did not engage them directly—the man's attention seemed to be fully taken by the places of existing water, such as the pond found at the edge of Soubar. At the waters edge, he made a simple camp, if it could be called that—sitting upon the ground, legs crossed, the man in blue appeared to rest while sitting upright, neither eating nor moving for nearly a days time.

Later, those with a eye upon the arrival and activity of "strangers," may have witnessed this man speak with the caravan driver often moving through Soubar, discussing a path further north and east, a known travel by caravan towards Corm Op, and some say, even further toward Castle Darkhold. Keen ears may have heard the stranger use the words "water ways," "the force that runs down the mountain," and "irresistible force of The element."

The man in blue garments was last seen taking a seat with the caravan going east...though his final destination would be unknown.

Sylael

Unread post by Sylael »

Word spread quickly around Soubar of a strange Tel'Quessir wandering the tiny village. His mannerisms were somber, though his walk strong. His head darted this way and that, as villagers and visitors passed him. It was obvious he was uncomfortable around the humans.

A few coin passed hands between him and some merchants, all of whom could be seen pointing and gesturing in a southern direction.

After the Tel'Quessir was out of hearing distance, rumors flared behind him concerning the Elf's inquiries. Small fragments such as 'Tome of Dark Magic', 'Destruction', and 'Wizards' could be easily made out through all stories. The eyes of the gossipers all stared south at the trail left by the unusual stranger.
Boddynock

Unread post by Boddynock »

Sylael wrote:Word spread quickly around Soubar of a strange Tel'Quessir wandering the tiny village. His mannerisms were somber, though his walk strong. His head darted this way and that, as villagers and visitors passed him. It was obvious he was uncomfortable around the humans.

A few coin passed hands between him and some merchants, all of whom could be seen pointing and gesturing in a southern direction.

After the Tel'Quessir was out of hearing distance, rumors flared behind him concerning the Elf's inquiries. Small fragments such as 'Tome of Dark Magic', 'Destruction', and 'Wizards' could be easily made out through all stories. The eyes of the gossipers all stared south at the trail left by the unusual stranger.
Another elf approaches the strange elf as he leaves Soubar, wearing the colors of the Ebon Blade Mercenary Company.

"Hey you, dirty elf, you have some explaining to do, coming into Ebon Blade Territory with these sorts of rumours following you. Start talking, now!"
Liam the Golden
Illdraen, Guerilla Skirmisher of Sshamath
Guy "Knife-Ears" Masterson
Boddynock Namfoodle, Illusionist Extraordinaire! (temporary leave of absence, again)

"Liam the Golden, so I have heard,
Yet truly none can polish a...
" - Ameris Santraeger, 2016
Sylael

Unread post by Sylael »

Boddynock wrote:
Sylael wrote:Word spread quickly around Soubar of a strange Tel'Quessir wandering the tiny village. His mannerisms were somber, though his walk strong. His head darted this way and that, as villagers and visitors passed him. It was obvious he was uncomfortable around the humans.

Another elf approaches the strange elf as he leaves Soubar, wearing the colors of the Ebon Blade Mercenary Company.

"Hey you, dirty elf, you have some explaining to do, coming into Ebon Blade Territory with these sorts of rumours following you. Start talking, now!"
The Tel'Quessir stops in mid stride, stiffening. Before turning, he notes the remarks, taking a deep breath, nodding inwardly and turning around. His look grew into one of amazement, then curious wonder as he sees the other Elf and he asks in elven. "You would speak to another Tel'Quessir in such a way?"
Boddynock

"I would rather shoot first, and talk later, but the Captain gives the orders. I suggest you explain yourself before I conveniently forget them... Or, if you would rather, you can accompany me, and I will take you too the Captain, and you can explain yourself privately. I highly suggest the second, because I already don't like you."

He follows this statement by launching an arrow high into the air, where it explodes in a rain a sparks and flame, likely visible for miles.

((Just an OOC reminder that Guy just hates elves, this isn't personal...))
Liam the Golden
Boddynock Namfoodle, Illusionist Extraordinaire! (temporary leave of absence, again)

Sylael

Unread post by Sylael »

The Elf stands there and listens to the banter coming from the other Elf only partially, the rest of him taking note of the angry Elf's appearance as well as wondering what an Ebon Blade is, and how they own a human town to be demanding such things.

He lets out a brief sigh, almost with a look of pity, as the strange Elf simply vanishes as the arrow booms overhead.

//No problem, nothing personal taken. Interesting way for me to start my PC off :)
Boddynock

Guy swiftly writes down an account of the elf's appearance, then goes back into town to questions the locals about what he was asking after.
Liam the Golden

TheTwiste11491

Unread post by TheTwiste11491 »

Many people entering into the Winding Way Tavern can notice a gathering around the bar having a meeting with Mag the persons of note would be Greil Nightgale Captain of the Ebon Blade, Max Blackthorn of the Zhents, as well as a few other Ebon Blade members such as Kiroth, Omar, and Drogo.

Outsiders could tell the tensions where high and that if anything where to go wrong in this meeting a conflict would erupt at any time. While no conflict occurred the meeting seemed to end on a more sour note.
Greil Nightgale Captain of the Ebon Blade
calvinus

Unread post by calvinus »

To Smite a Balor

Some may hear that a joint expedition of the Order of the Radiant Heart, the Phoenix Company, and the Everwatch smote a demonic threat in the Gray Peaks in the past few days as well as attempting to ensure that the Fire Giants of the area were not unifying to threaten the northern region of the Western Heartlands. Head Watchknight Wai Li may have been seen leaving the effort and returning to Nashkel with char marks on her armor and smelling rather rancid of dry sweat from the heat. A clear exhausted expression would have been on her aged face if glanced at as well. Some in the Temple of the Guardian may have even heard her mumble to herself "I'm getting too old for this nonsense. Helm willing, good and watchful company, and vigilance permitting though, still alive!" *chuckling and smiling to herself after the mumbling*
Wai Li - Paladin and Watcher of Helm and Head Watchknight of the Everwatch [bio]

Secret Plotting Non-Good Characters
- "Muahahaha."
TarnishedSoul
Retired Staff

Unread post by TarnishedSoul »

A Seeker of Candlekeep made a rare solitary trek to Soubar to visit with a known ranger and his faithful canine companion. The two friends spoke at length regarding some personal matters, and then they both faced towards the rising sun as dawn arrived in the northern village. The young woman spoke a prayer to the Morninglord, and then - after a few heartbeats of silence - the green-cloaked ranger spoke earnest words of faith, too.
YourMoveHolyMan
Recognized Donor

Unread post by YourMoveHolyMan »

Some might have heard - others saw first hand - of a clash of violence that erupted in the small township of Soubar. A green robed woodsman was seen loosing arrows at a masked figure with claims of theft yelled in the air. The pair were seen running from the area of the local Mudd wagon.

The silent figure and woodsman clashed a short while later on the hard pack street. After a brief and bloody struggle, the silent figure was seen fleeing from one of the gates by some passerby. As for the woodsman, he was left for dead or dying, blood mingling with the dirt.
Michael Dunn

“There is more than one sort of prison, Captain," Chirrut said. "I sense that you carry yours wherever you go.”
TarnishedSoul
Retired Staff

Unread post by TarnishedSoul »

The Winding Way Tavern in Soubar was packed this eve. The Ebon Blade Mercenary Company, along with representatives from several other organizations, met to discuss the growing orc threat near The Forest of Wyrms.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

A blue-clothed human male arrives in the Winding Way Tavern of Soubar. He appears road weary, a thirst upon his lips, his shining blue thread slightly paler with a traveler's dust.

He takes a place near the bar, and orders two things, though he may or may not receive them: spring water, purified or sanctified, and dark ale, something brewed or sold from a land near the sea.

While refreshing himself from within, his gaze turns to the open hall, and, after a time, finds the nearest person that seems capable of adventure, or, seems wiser than most. Perhaps...scholarly.

He openly queries that person over one or two things in a round-about manner—he beings with his own tale, hoping it will elicit what he diplomatically is seeking to gain from another:

• "The path led me north, then norther still...passing Boryesker Bridge, then Bridgefort—bandits shrugged off by will and staff—and then onward upon the Coast Way as it seemed to be. I continued into spires of willful construction pierced the skyline. Was it true, the rumor heard? It seemed so...and a castle build long ago, stood fast and...closed to outsiders.

But a slight rumble of feet and grunts came over the walls, and to my senses there appeared to be occupants...though a call out to them did not bring the doors to an open state. Undeterred, a small wooden wall removed led to an entry to one inner area—there I would find the source of the grunts. Orcs. They did not hold back their bloodlust, and my path became that of war.

As I stand here and relay my tale, does tell the truth, in person, that I did not fall to the might Orc. Given that the area was mine to explore, a now path of peace to walk and observe, I found many things, on all sides of the castle walls. Levers, ropes, chests long abandoned...but what I did not find, was a key, or, source and solution to further penetration of this fortress.

The path was halted. And though the castle, most certainly that of Dragonspear name and fame, did stand in great mystery and calling my next chosen step, the path remained hindered.

And so, a return to civilization, as you may call it. There must be more to learn, and far more to gain, by speaking to the right person, about the secrets and passages that remain closed to these eyes, my own...so, good person...are you the one that knows more than I?"

thids

Unread post by thids »

The imposing figure of a one-eyed man, clad in obsidian-tinted plate, could have been spotted entering the Winding Way Tavern recently. The regular patrons would have seen him approaching the proprietor, Mag. Some say the man held his gaze fixed on the woman for what seemed like an eternity as he stood in front of her, not saying a word, others barely even noticed. What most agree to, however, is that he handed her a sealed letter and left the same way he entered.
Lord Maximilian Blackthorne - retired

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”