Recovery of Kheldrivver (Player/DM IC RP)

The "Year of the Dragon" Campaign

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Touri

Recovery of Kheldrivver (Player/DM IC RP)

Unread post by Touri »

LISA100595 wrote:*Lady Elvina issues and Order for Sir Cyrus to develop a protocol for any further Artifacts or Substances that are brought to the Keep, so this does not happen again. Then she proceeds to make a public service announcement missive, to be posted up and down the Tradeway and in all major Cities of what the state of Kheldriver is and if anyone else comes into contact with said diseased Trolls or Troll blood on how to cure it.*

The Order of the Silver Rose would like to apologize for our absence. Unfortunately, after our scouting trip to Kheldriver we have discovered the Trolls have a stronger/mutated and highly contagious form of the Blight. The vial of blood that was brought back for analysis to our Archmage Sir Cyrus, confirmed this. So we have locked down the Keep in quarantine as well as anyone inside the Keep or in contact with the blood. No one was allowed in or out to prevent spread of the disease.

The Scouting Report is the following:

Uther3867 wrote:KhelDrivvr/Troll Claws Scouting Report

In the Team

Squire Junior OSR
Lady Nina OSR
Mendel of EDE
Vendor of Elder Circle
Dorne of Elder Circle
Knight Clint James

as we headed into the troll claws we came upon a feeling of dread and as we ventured forth we ran into a infected troll of the Blight...upon reasoning of burning it's corpse it let off a Miasma i'm recommending that all members of the Scouting party be checked if there infected at all. also as we ventured for the name Ignik'tok and they were afflicted and not regenerating as normal. also along the way we found rotting corpses that had become part of the Undead. though not sure if the trolls are undead they were able to use magic and were proficient in use of more sharpened blades and weapons, we also encountered one just upon reaching Kheldrivver and it was in a Very Thick and heavy Dense cloud of foulness, it was very Resilient to our blades and to our weapons but we defeated it and when we have more on what it is we will contact you all. Also by no means approach the Troll Claws..our scouting alerted them and they sent war Parties into the troll Claws we were luck to make it out ourselves we need everyone to come together on a planned assualt on Kheldrivvr

Clint James
Order of the Silver Rose

((copy of this is being sent to the war council))

Sir Cyrus

by the time you see this Junior should have already given you the blood sample from the most Resilient troll it was black skinned and could sniff out Mendel and Vendor hiding in there own elements, also please Contact if you haven't already your Brothern in Krak Helzak and alert them to the issue in there Area i fear for them
Upon inspection of the Blood the report is as follows:
*The blood is a thick, black ichor. It is a manifestation of the Blight. However, due to the powerful capabilities of troll blood, the Blight seems to have infused with it, and the two components seem to strengthen each other. It has increased the regenerating rate the blood offers and is highly toxic to any other living being it comes in contact with*
If anyone else has come into contact with the Infected Trolls or especially the blood please act accordingly. The methods we used to cure the Blight from ourselves and the Keep were:

Remove Disease spells and potions
Mass Heal spells and potions
Consecration spells
Soap and Hot Water

DM Pun Pun wrote:*Slowly but surely, the work of the Silver Rose pays dividends as the threat of the Blight is erased from the Keep.*
If anyone would like to aid Kheldriver and rid the town of these infected beasts please report your offer of aid to Mayor Matthew of Khedriver (( DM Pun Pun )) and to Miss Reine who is heading up the effort.

Sincerely,
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro
Knight Commander of the Order of the Silver Rose
Touri wrote:
In the dusty Troll Claws somewhere north west of Kraak Helzak a dwarf and a ranger follow the tracks of trolls.
After a short hunt and a heavy fight, the two continue their plan. Carefully they sneak further north to get closer to the Keep of Kheldrivver.
In the shadow of the night and hidden by heavy rain the two invisible stalkers try to get as close as possible. The information they gather will be important for Reine's plan.
Touri wrote:"Dear friends,

together with the dwarf Orin Ironfell I scouted the fortress city of Kheldrivver. Even invisible and hidden we haven't been able to get close to the city. But this is what we found out:

The air all arround is tainted and the blight is very contagious. The path and the walls are adorned with crude Totems. The Miasma, probably the same as near Kraak Helzak is stronger than it is in the Trollclaws and permeates from mounds of rotten material that is seen all around the outskirts of the city. Pobably there are some in the city as well.

The blighted Trolls are numerous. They have adepted to the disease and are quick, strong and full of life. All the troll spoke the same phrase, "Ing'nik'tok".

There is a map of Kheldrivver and the surroundings attached to this letter.

We have to meet very soon. The Trolls will get stronger and it seems also more intelligent with time.

Mielikki's blessings
*signed*
Ven"

Clint answered
Uther3867 wrote:
I've been sitting on this plan and it's the only one that makes sense provided the intelligence, cure disease wands will work in actual contact perhaps but i'm leaning towards the time they've had to become one with the Miasma and such that we may need a tougher approach and the aid of the Sky

i've seen 2 druids shape shift into some form of dragon or Avian. with that i'm suggesting the following

1st. we need to gather many Alchemists and potion brewers we need consentrated formulas of cure Desiease the more potent the better and were gonna need alot

2nd. we need a distribution method since i figure Air would be our best overall delivery method since we can get over the target and i'll need a few scholars to help on the vectors of it ((yeah for physics)) rather than just dropping potion bottles i figure lined distrabution over the area may prove to work.

3rd. after the Delivery we need a force to pull the Trolls into the troll claws at the forje we can hold them if we can get the river up stream continually blessed it would help or a overwhelming force at the head way the lords alliance is still here asking for there hand and the cannons in the forje may prove useful.

4th. strike team, while the other force is pullling away a few scouts with a sender mage will be overlooking kheldrivvr when they seem to leave there skeleton group behind we teleport a team to the scouts location to take out what ever is causing this infection and mutation.

really complex i know but thus far least amount of causalities i can figure

Clint James
Knight Warrant of the OSR

we are still working out the rough edges but please let our comrades in arms know that this plan is availble
Elvina answered
LISA100595 wrote:Dear Vendor, Allies and Friends,

With these two scouting reports compiled, the Order of the Silver Rose stands by, ready for action. Sir Clint has written a battle plan and the Knight Generals are reviewing it now. I will submit it for all of your review very soon once the final draft is made.

The Order of the Silver Rose is once again sending our Knights to Kraak Helzak to stand by our most trusted friends and Allies, The Dwarves of Stonebar, so that we can have our troops ready in the event of attack in and around their keep and / or ready for deployment to Kheldriver if Kraak Helzak is secure.

Please continue to circulate any scouting reports and updates among us and Thank You for your diligence.

Sincerely,

Knight Commander of the Order of the Silver Rose
Inside the Kepp of the Order of the Silver Rose a gathering discussed a plan to free Kheldrivver from the blighted trolls.
Uther3867 wrote:For Review of the Plan in one week

Phase One

Creation of the concetrated form of Cure Deisease in a vast quanity for the Deployment by air over Kheldrivvr

the asking of Druid's of the Elder Circle and others to Help us in Avian Form to Deploy said Concentrated formula

is there something that pulls the trolls out into the hills from there fort or how to flush them out

Phase Two

the Finding of a place to hold as a choke point in the Troll Claws for the main army to Hold

Finding those ready to be part of the Strike Force to enter Kheldrivvr when they are forced out or come out

Phase Three

finalization of the sequence of Events for the plan on day of operation

there have been two suggested Sequence's

Cure Desiaes Deployment by air
trolls are alerted by main force
strike force moves in when clear

Smoke is Depolyed from Catapults into Kheldrivvr
Main force does the harras and Retreat to main line tactic
Cure Desiase is deployed by air
strike team moves in when clear
HappyDays wrote:*letter written on 4/24*

Hello Mayor Matthew of Kheeldriver,
I am writing to offer you the aid of Phoenix Company to your town. I have heard of horrible miasma near by, threatening trolls, and a resurgent plague.

My company has some skill in assault patrols, guarding, and problem solving. Many of our members are mages, familiar with the arcane and direct applications there of. While it is true we are not particularly dedicated to anyone one task, we are a well rounded force well suited for many roles.

Hoping to hear how we may assist you soon,
*signed*
Councilwoman Ebonezzer
Phoenix Company
//OOC info: Please use this thread to communicate and share the information concerning the Blighted Trolls of Kheldrivver. The infomation is in game shared between the factions that joined the effort. As the OSR wrote in their open letter feel free to join this effort.//
Darkcloud777

Re: Kheldrivver and the Blighted Trolls!(Player/DM IC RP)

Unread post by Darkcloud777 »

///letter Sent: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:44 pm

*A letter is sent to Mayor Matthew of Khedriver and to Miss Reine both Bearing the seal of Phoenix Company*

It has come to our attention that you are seeking aide to rid Kheldriver of the infected. Phoenix Company would like to help. We can supply personnel armed with wands of cure disease as well as armed people to keep the beasts at bay while undergoing treatment. I have Council Lady Maddy hard at work creating potions for the siege engines. If you would please inform us of a time and place we will be at your service. If you wished to formulate a plan in advance I would be pleased to help with that as well. You can contact us at Phoenix Company Headquarters.

Sincerely,

Terri Lalani (Administrator of Phoenix Company)
Terri Lalani
Administrator of Phoenix Company
Touri

Re: Recovery of Kheldrivver (Player/DM IC RP)

Unread post by Touri »

Invitations for a meeting in the Keep of the Order of the Silver Rose have been sent to those who will fight for Kheldrivver.
LISA100595 wrote:A second meeting and nearly a full table to discuss the plans for removing the Blighted Trolls and taking back Kheldriver.

Last edited by Touri on Fri May 06, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uther3867

Unread post by Uther3867 »

DM Pun Pun wrote:
To Sir Clint James.

I regret to inform you we do not have an alchemist available to assist in your endeavor. We also do not have anything in the way of aviation that could be available for your mission.

However, we will provide you with these four potions that will allow a person to soar into the skies. Though do be careful, poor use of these potions could lead to loss of life.

Sincerely,

Sir Gabriel Brighton
Lord's Alliance

/// DM Note: These 4 potions are only to be used in this event, as I have decided to make an aerial map of the trollclaws. If not used in this event, forget about them because they have gone bad. And its limited to four people.

Also, being in the skies does have inherent risks, and any character defeated while in the air will be removed from the event and given a permastrike, because I can't see anyone surviving such a drop. :lol: This would only apply to the aerial side of the event.

DM Pun-Pun
Uther3867 wrote:Sir

we've ran into a problem trying to liberate Kheldrivvr we have a plan here but require alchemist to help along with any form of aviation possible to help with deployment as well as ground troops and those resistant to the plague for the strike

http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 6&start=30

if you can help in any part of this plan please let us know.

Sir Clint

((i'm gone this weekend and most likely working next weekend i'm trying to get the teams to move on without me to not hold this up any longer))
Clint James: OSR Knight Warrant
Throg Teethnasher: Half-orc Fighter
Bob Ratchet: Bob, Glitch and Frank can you figure out who has the intellegence in this trio, Gondite Inventor and Golem Addict
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Unread post by LISA100595 »

DM Pun Pun wrote:Yes. 6pm gmt, 2pm est, 11am pst. ;)

DM Pun-Pun

LISA100595 wrote:Ok. Thanks for getting back to me.

I'd like to make sure of the time of the event... Saturday at 6 PM GMT?
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Uther3867

*Clint finally get's done the lists required*

Ariel squad:
we have access to 4 potions of flight that will be no good after this fight ((see pm earlier for details)) also we have no confirmed fliers at the moment but 4 people in this squad if we do get a avian

squad 2: Main Force this group is commanded by Master Revenark of Krak Helzak and will be dealing with the trolls flooding into the trolls claws at a choke point to be placed by the Commander of this squad

Revenark Stonehold
Terri of Phoenix Company

squad 3: strike Group: this group is attacking kheldrivvr after the main force has engaged and is to find the source causing this and disrupt or destroy it at all cost.

Clint James
Vendor

please if you want to add your name please let me know as soon as your able
Bob Ratchet: Bob, Glitch and Frank can you figure out who has the intellegence in this trio, Gondite Inventor and Golem Addict
Uther3867

plan B. if avian will not work

Group 2 will approach and disrupt as much as they can of the miasma with terri's possible mist or dust of Cure disease and then fall back to the choke point and team 3 will approach as stated before
Uther3867

Mayor Matthew

i'm writing you from the steps of your Town hall, which should inform you that your town and sorrounding area is safe for your return after it's cleaned up but the trolls and blight infesting it are gone and the town is secure, the Blight Burners are holding on to it and when your people are ready i would be happy to help in the logistic's of your return

Clint James

Uther3867

Battle Log of the Strike Team

"so far so good we are just waiting for thistle to return and tell us the last of the trolls have flushed out"

http://postimg.org/image/wqj3njqrl/

"we've done it we've taken Back Kheldrivver, and are leaving it Secure with the Blight Burner's that Reine had sent"

http://postimg.org/image/ykvy5ads1/

"were done here now lets go finish off all these trolls"

http://postimg.org/image/a87lr2iip/
Touri

Unread post by Touri »

On the seventh day of Mirtul a large group of paladins, adventurers, amored dwarves, elves and magic users gathered at the east gate of Baldur's Gate. They formed three units. The largest force was lead by Master Revenark, who was in charge of the assault mission. The smaller striking team made of paladins and elite rangers supported by a druid, a priest, a monk and a mage followed the orders of Sir Clint James, Knight Warrant of the Order of the Silver Rose. Terri Lalani of the Pheonix Company, the ranger Michael Dunn, Seeker Alexandra Keenan and Gate Warden Isabella Villame of Candlekeep formed the Air Strike Team.
The striking force under the command of Sir Clint hold out hidden at their spot while the Air Strike Team started the assault. Meanwhile Master Revenark of Kraak Helzak and the main force took position at the choke point. After a fight with a dragon the four flying volunteers managed to lure the main force of the trolls out of the fortified town. The blighted trolls flooded into the hills and crashed into Revenark's army. A battle began.
This was the starting signal for the strike force. So they moved out to the city. The air was a mix of raining ashes and poison mist. Shield by shield they fought their way through giant trolls and finally reached the first gate only to notice that it has been blocked by large rocks. But with the help of the druid Corvus Kaine, who shifted into a earth elemental, a new entrance was created. The team moved forward up to the second gate. In the streets of the outer ring troll by troll fell by their blades, arrows and spells. Ing'nik'tok the leader of the Blighted Trolls was surpised by the power of the attackers. He awaited them in the inner ring. The strike force, focused on their target, killed the beast without mercy. With the dead of the leader the poisoned air suddenly faded. The mission was almost done. The Blight Burner's that Reine had sent secured the city. Sir Clint ordered his team to move back into the hills to support Revenark.
Meanwhile in the Troll Claws the main force battled with the army of trolls. Those who stepped over Revenark's defending line found their death. Everything went well until a Super-Badass-Giant-Blighted-Monster-Troll flailed around and killed many soldiers. But together with the support of the returning paldins, rangers and the rest of Sir Clint's unit, the Super-Badass-Giant-Blighted-Monster-Troll was defeated. His gigantic body fell to the dusty ground with a blunt blow followed by the cheering of the attackers.
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Unread post by LISA100595 »

*Lady Elvina, Knight Commander of the Order of the Silver Rose issues a public appreciation notice to all involved in the re-taking and cleansing of Kheldrivver in flowing script, sealed with the Order of the Silver Rose insignia. A shield with crossed swords and a silver rose overlay.*

To All involved in the re-taking and cleansing of Kheldrivver;

I would like to issue a public note of appreciation to all of those whom participated in the re-taking and cleansing of the blight from troll hills and Kheldrivver and risked their lives to do so. I would also like to congratulate and thank Sir Revenark Stonehold, Sir Clint James, and Administrator Terri Lalani for their excellent leadership skills and on the exceptional performance of their respective groups. May the people of Kheldrivver once again live in peace and harmony in their home.

Sincerely,
Knight Commander, Order of the Silver Rose

(( and an OOC note of thanks to all the DM's involved for the super fun, and our biggest contributor Vendor for keeping it organized and on track!! :)
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
MopKnight

Unread post by MopKnight »

The Everwatch Captain Reine spends a great deal of time in the wilds, but hovers ever closer to the previously fallen outpost in Kheldrivver. Having heard tell of her Blight Killers helping to retake their home, she congratulates them in person, having been called away on her own, unavoidable holy duties.

After this, she stops by Mayor Matthew as he begins to clear the rubble of his own township, to congratulate him on retaking his town and offer what little help she can in stabilizing the region. There would almost certainly be threats that would seek to take advantage of the newly re-established township and she would seek to keep her promise of helping her 'pups' maintain their homestead.

Eventually, the woman would settle on the outskirts of the town with a tent and little else, using it as a base from which she either held night watch, patrolled the perimeter with a few of her 'pups' and continued to impart what knowledge she could in strategy and tactics to the town's nascent Town Watch. It would become clear that she intended to settle the town herself, having grown rather attached to her pups and seeing it as an opportunity to hold a northern bastion.

In terms of time, she operates a shift system, spending a tenday there and two tendays away on other business, typically in local towns or in the vicinity of Baldurs Gate. While she remains in the town, she serves both as militia teacher and trainer, attempting to continue to build the relationship she had with the now blooded soldiers. She would also volunteer, taking the toughest patrol and watchman duties and effectively acting as a mercenary for the town, requiring no pay for this duty.

In the mornings, she would hold a short triage, helping whatever maladies she could as an Ilmateri, but her main role would simply be to serve in the town guard.

She does not in any way interfere with the chain of command of the town, letting it develop naturally, but does offer advice and aid when it is required and taking command of local units purely out of seniority. This would be a remarkable shift for her, having previously commanded what was effectively the whole town's militia, but she seems happy enough to offer help where she can.
Touri

Unread post by Touri »

Silver_Lining wrote:
As news reaches the Captain she immateriality orders the old posters to be torn down
and new posters to be put up in her place. The Crew bustles to get them posted and
handed out all over town to spread the news!

Silver_Lining wrote:
Posters can be found around the BG General region. They read as follows:

Silver_Lining wrote:The Crew of the Twilight Rose is grateful for all who assisted both with rebuilding the tradeway in the township of Kheldrivver and with bringing an end to the Councilor's plans to overthrow Kheldrivver. They are now safe from his efforts to infect the residents with lycanthrope and claim rule over the township thanks to the efforts of the many with us that day. And a special thank you to Erza, who, through SUne's gifts, was able to uncover the source of the infection and infiltration.
Hidden: show

Last edited by Touri on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Touri

Unread post by Touri »

DM Lobo wrote:
After reclaiming the village from the trolls who the village remained in mostly ruins with several burnt (and unstable) homes, damaged crops, broken roads and dying life stock. The villagers did begin to make it home again once more however by slowly repairing the damage done which was aided by serval other small parties outside the village.

With the broken road it was difficult to arrange trade deals, and the villagers did not have the resources to trade for for tools or stone however. While things were looking bleak there was still hope as progress was being made, though slowly. The crops began to grow, most of the rubble was cleaned away and most importantly it was safe and secure again with guards patroling the borders.

A Councilor moved in and began arranging trade deals with several local travelling merchants - by horseback; as wagons could not enter the village due to the damaged roads this was the best they could do - the money they got from the crops and livestock was enough for most to make a healthy living

Desrah held a fundraiser for the villagers of Kheldrivver raising 250 bags of gold which she used to bring in new stone and tools to repair the roads as well as food, crafting materials, sand and wood. However when she arrived with her crew (and helpers) Not all was as it seemed.

Many of the villagers were sick and dying, the crops were dying and the livestock was hungry and weak. Things were looking pretty grim for Kheldrivver. However, Desrah and her team quickly got to work and began repairing the roads with the materials she brought over; they began tending to the sick, replanting the crops and looking after the animals. A local bard played to boost moral while the others went to search for the source of the illness.

They found that many rotting bodies within the town well has set loose a toxin into the water which was causing people to fall sick and die. Desrahs helpers removed the bodies and purified the water purging the source of the illness.

With the roads repaired, the animals cared for and the moral high things seemed to pick up - but not all was as it seemed. As the sick were fed with chicken soup during the night when the moon came out - the villagers began to turn into werewolves leading to a huge battle which killed the local foreman and the councilor.

Puzzled, the team tried to figure out what was going on - praying to their deity for information they learned of something very evil living with the people; after many hours of searching they found out that the councilor was the source - who, he himself turned out to be a Lycon, a werewolf, he claimed the village was his and he owned the people - this lead to a fight and he was quickly killed by Desrah and her team. The villagers of Kheldrivver greatful for their aid and support all pooled together some of their trinkets, treasures and weapons giving them to Desrah's team.

After Desrah's team left Kheldrivver appointed a new councilor who is now arranging trade deals with several local communities around the area.
Touri

Unread post by Touri »

Mendel, Nai and Vendor Xon sneaked on board of the Whistling Wanderess where they joined Mealir and his crew. In the captain's cabin they discussed their plan to ship the delegation, lead by the noble elf Eloin Evermeet, to Athkatla. Mealir showed them some notebooks, wich contained coded messages. He had found them around the habor and on board of the Whistling Wanderess. One member of the delegation, who was sent afore, managed to decode the pirate's messages. Thanks to this information and the great sailing skills of ship master Mealir, they made the passage without any trouble.
Arrived at Athkatla, they escorted the Delegation to a small tower near the docks. As far as they have been informed, the delegation's mission was to meet with someone very important to discuss the future of Kheldrivver. The pirates and bandits wanted to queer their plans. So noone was really surpised as Nai noticed some blood on one of the guards outside by the tower. It was clear that this would be a trap. To protect the delegation members, the group told them to move back to the ship and just as they started to turn and walk away, the attack happened. But with swiftness and precision the pirates died by the scimitars and arrows of Mealir, Mendel, Amber and Ven while Nai protected the others.
After all pirates where defeated, Eloin and the other members entered the building to meet with their partner. Mealir, Amber, Nai, Mendel and Vendor Xon quickly returned to the Whistling Wanderess to leave the port as fast and secretly as they have arrived.
DM Spartacus wrote: The Wanderer and a crew of Rangers took to the Seas, having evaded various attempts to spy on their activity prior to sailing. They delivered a Kheldrivver Trade delegation safely to Athkatla. Their speed and planning (and a bit of luck) left their rivals off balance. They managed one last attempt to kill off the Traders in the city but they were defeated in a close quarters street fight. The grateful delegation completed their trade mission and established new links for Kheldrivver.

Amber, Nai, Mendel, Vendor, the Captain! (Mealir Ostirel)

Return to “The 1352 (2016) Campaign”