vindflickan

Re: New Player? Introduce Yourself!

Unread post by vindflickan »

HELLO DOVE'S NEW BEST FRIEND!
NerdyMage

Unread post by NerdyMage »

Hi there! ^_^

New player here! Familiar with NWN2 (played on Sigil, CoD for a while), but just now learned of the Baldur's Gate server! If anyone has some tips or the likes to show me, I'd appreciate it! <3

You'll likely see me waddling around as a halfling mage of some kind! <3

P.S. Is the Archivist implimented yet? What's the level cap here~? :o
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

Welcome!

Level cap is 30 and unlike sigil ECL does not lower the cap (so drow takes longer to get there, but can still reach level 30).

Archivist is not implemented because we first need to implement Rasaels replacement spell system. However, while it works and is stable it has a less-than user friendly usage... as in you can't put spells on the hot bar. It is on the 2 year strategic plan to address it and if successful archivist and other custom spell casting classes will be on the table alongside assassin and Blackguards receiving proper spell books.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Toupedave

Unread post by Toupedave »

Hello everyone, i just started playing on the server recently, but have a history of playing NWN dating back a decade or so. My stomping grounds use to be RoLL and StormNexus in NWN1 and this is my first foray into a PW with NWN2.

Im 32, currently serving in the US Air Force in Califronia, married and no kids yet, just my dog.

I am attempting to build a druid/fighter/DD named Heath Ulrich Jr. but the early levels are kicking my behind, still having a ton of fun though! I hope to see you all around sometime soon
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Good to meet you toupe. Welcome.

If you are having trouble, try tossing your concept on the character building help section here. A lot of experienced builders here that are familiar with the servers unique rules. If you want it to be a surprise, then that is fun too.
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Kiran

Unread post by Kiran »

Might also be able to find some high level casters and such at the eastern farmlands who are happy to buff you while they are sat around rping.

Might give you that burst you need for the early levels.
Player of:

Damian Pascal, - Run away/dead. - Background - Corruption from Within
Amenthes Serb, Knight - Gone missing/Supposed dead Background
Tamzim Renima, mercenary - Handed over to the fist. Background
Kiran, Golden Wheel - Presumed dead
Althalous Fenwick, Paladin of Mystra. - A memory lost
chad878262
QC Coordinator

If no one is around to buff you so at Sorcerous Sundries and the Thayan Enclave in the east gate district. Buy a potion of barkskin, mage armor and heroism. You'll find those starter areas far easier with +7 AC, +2 AB and saves! ~400 gold will be more than replaced by your adventuring spoils.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

casadechrisso

Unread post by casadechrisso »

Heyas, guess it's time to say hello to the forum finally, after I somewhat decided to stick around for a bit as it seems. I started a long time ago with NWN, on two very nice and totally different servers called Nexus - City between Worlds, and Vives, then jumped over to NWN2 and a small but wonderful low magic RP server called Dammendrech. That one closed down a few years back and I stopped playing altogether, until NWN1: Enhanced Edition reminded me how I missed NWN2's roleplay. So I checked out the few remaining servers that still have a healthy playerbase and ended here.
A little warning right away - I never really played on a Forgotten Realms server, everything in the past were custom settings with their own rules and lore, I also build quite a while on my own module which never saw the light of day. I never cared much for the Forgotten Realms lore and like to bend the rules as far as possible, so please don't expect my characters to be Loremasters, I usually make things up as I go, often RPing me out of a situation with too many questions. I also don't care much about the best character builds and such, I just throw together whatever I think fits the personality of my PCs and is simply fun to play. Anyway, I had a blast the last two weeks, there's some great roleplay to find here - maybe a little bit too much fun, but I might stick around a little longer.
Indigo-Mage

Unread post by Indigo-Mage »

Hiii

I heard about this place from my wonderful partner, and have been itching for some good roleplay for awhile, so I bought NWN2 on an impulse so that I could see about dipping my toes in this community, which--based on what aforementioned partner has said about all the fun she's had here--seems like it must be pretty great.

I have been playing tabletop games for a few years now, and video games since I was a little girl. I am not super familiar with the Forgotten Realms setting though (and especially not with the particular time period your story is taking place in), because while I was initiated to tabletop via D&D 3.5, that particular group of friends tended to create custom settings instead of playing in established ones.

As such, I have spent a good chunk of a day both reading all the rules, DM rulings, and etc on this forum, and browsing wikis to familiarize myself with the setting. I hope I've done a decent job on both, but please forgive any slip ups as I'm bound to mess up somehow.

I've actually logged into the server a couple times now, but was too shy to actually initiate roleplay, and I just kind of wandered for awhile and logged out...I'm sure I'll be braver next time. ^^;
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Welcome!

I'd encorage you to make your first char just a spoof throwaway and dive on in! As with any game, there's a process of learning the 'meta', and once you have both that and your RP sorted then start considering fleshing out your first 'main' and dive on in round 2!

As always, plenty of folks will be only too happy to help with lore/RP/game mechanics & meta questions. Just ask!
casadechrisso

Unread post by casadechrisso »

I'd encorage you to make your first char just a spoof throwaway and dive on in! As with any game, there's a process of learning the 'meta', and once you have both that and your RP sorted then start considering fleshing out your first 'main' and dive on in round 2!
Funny thing - does it only happen to me that this throwaway character often tends to become the favorite one? I've had it almost everywhere I started playing, the first character is a total mess build-wise and took a long time to be roleplayed right (backstory etc.), but they grow on me so much during the baby steps that they just end up being my mains anyway. :)

Oh, I also tend to make sneakers or characters with invisibility at hand so I can explore everywhere without too much dying.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Remember rcr up to 10 is free so if you make an early mistake or 6 you can fix them pretty easy. Welcome!

LasteEnygma

Unread post by LasteEnygma »

I'm like...98% new. I played on BGTSCC for a hot minute I want to say back in '16, and for a relatively short time.

My name's Mark, I'm 28, and a bit of all over the place with hobbies. I grew up with sports, Captain of my Rugby team in college played a huge role in my life. I play violin, guitar, and sing on the side. Reggae on guitar and folk/bluegrass for violin, I'm odd okay? :lol: I like researching random things, and if people would stop making awesome and pointless videos on the internet I would probably have researched us out of disease by now.

I started PnP D&D when I was about 6 years old through a buddies dad who was an avid (and strangely comedic dark) DM. I've since at least try to play with my childhood friends at least once a week, and we're still going strong when life and time allows. Admittedly, Forgotton Realms is a setting I'm not at home in, but am studying to better play with all of you, as well as learn for my own interest!

As of now, I work about 40-60 hours a week depending on my work load, take care of my 3 yr old pit bull and best friend Beaux, and am looking forward to share the server with you guys!
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Welcome!

PSmakeadrownothisisnotsubliminalmessagingnuhuhnope
DM Ink

Unread post by DM Ink »

Welcome! Please enjoy your stay!
DM Ink
“Kindly let me help you or you will drown,” said the monkey putting the fish safely up a tree.
-Alan Watts

Return to “Community”