Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Re: Dasha's journal.

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

This is all because of her...

29th of Alturiak

I already regret about this. I know, I tracked them intentionally, but every single word pronounced by those stupid scum made my fists clenching to blood. They said sooo much filth about me! Cylissa was begging them to be merciful on me, and they told that the only way to deal with me is to imprison or to hang me!

But I was still watching, this was too important. Elspeth is a maniac, she is absolutely deaf and dumb, there is nothing that can cure her. But Cylissa? Why?! Why are you doing it?! I told you like thousand times that this makes absolutely no damnable sense! Cylissa showed Elspeth that important leaflet, and you know what? That pale idiot just declared that it was fabricated by me! And then she accused Cylissa of betrayal...

The time has come. The rage was boiling inside of me... The thing has awaken, and perhaps it was the first time we are going to hunt together... Die... I will eat you... Consume your bones... Devour your shady souls... Die... N-no! DIE! NO! Cylissa is there! What if I hurt her too?! No...

"I think we are done then." — Elspeth said. — "Dont you think, Dasha?"
It was a moment of dead silence, only the desert wind was howling somewhere above. I had nothing to do but to show myself.
"Some of us can see very well..."
"Really? You are just another blind zealous bitch!" — I told her with anger.

It was a moment of truth. Elspeth was provoking me, her new gigner companion told me about the holy trial, Cylissa was begging us to stop.
"That is all your fault!" — I shouted at her. — "Say something! Do you really want this?!"
But she was just sobbing, she didn't want this to happen, but as usual she only made everything worse! Looks like the fight was unavoidable, I had only had to take my sword and end this quick. But...

It costed me enormous ammount of effort and willpower, but I gave up. Damn it, Cylissa, you are tying my hands so hard. I left that empty field, I was still enraged, but... I just hate the situations like that!

Cylissa looked so hollow and depressed. She told me to leave her alone, and I did it... temporary. I found two suspicious fellows at Soubar — a banite warrior and a mysterious tiefling. I told them that I suspect that I am watched by an evil witch.
"Elspeth?" — they asked.
That is right, those fellows are the ones I need! I invited them to the Winding Way Inn and they started casting revealing spells around! I wanted to find out where this bitch hides, but no use! Those guys hated Elspeth as well, Cylissa heard it, she still thinks Elspeth is alright, even after what she has told about her! I grabbed Cylissa's hands and told her calmly:

"Listen. Elspeth is just digging her own grave deeper and deeper each day, and her doom is a matter of time. Do you want to save her or what?!"
She nodded, and we approached to some quiet village where we can discuss our plans. We were sitting in some empty hall, but I could not start speaking about plans, I still feel like we are watched! Before Cylissa could claim that I am paranoid, I just started throwing grenades around! And I swear, I just saw a shady fogure in the flames! We are watched!

"Elspeeeeth!!!" — I shouted and started swining my blade, spreading mayhen and destruction around the hall.
I needed to fidn some means of detection, but Cylissa said there is no use. She said that Elspeth doesn't use magical concealment, but rather she blends with shadows... This made things much more complicated, so my initial plan has failed. But every venerable rogue always has a B plan, right?

I led Cylissa to some truly secret place. No, I won't even describe it in this journal! There are not that much hidden spaces left in this world — let this one remain one of them. I sat down and started asking about Elspeth. I said that I need the full list of her enemies — potential or real — in order to save Elspeth from them. Cylissa agreed with enthusiasm, she sincerely wanted to help her "friend". As for me, well... I have just aquired the most valuable list of potential allies.

Right now Cylissa doesn't feel herself that confident about what Elspeth is doing. We both knew that pale bitch tracked me right to Bregan itself, and now Cylissa suspects that she was spying on her, that she was spying on us... She is afraid that Elspeth will start spreading gossips, but I assured her that everything will be alright, and if not — we will force it to be!

I just knew what to do. I told Cylissa that her part of the plan is to keep Elspeth from all the stupid things she is ever possible to commit. As for me...

I will take care about the rest...

(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

My plan is in action... Time to pay the debts...

30th of Alturiak

Today I have started preparing my plan. I made my way to the Bregan D'aerthe hall, but there I encountered an unpleasant surprise.

Keeshe and his friend Zar were talking with two drow women, one of them talked to Keeshe, and looks like she was threatening him! I hid behind the wall and watched. That zealous sinister woman demanded something from Keeshe, and he sheathed his blade, making a slice on his arm. The woman consumed a sip of his blood with pleasure.

I had absolutely no idea what was going, but looks like my friend got in trouble! But it was the moment when I was finally noticed...

"Does your master know you are here alone?" — the priestess of Lolth asked me.
"He does." — Keeshe said calmly.
I was scared and confused at the same time, I have never been in such troubles in Sshamath, I looked to Keeshe, but he remained calm. I regained some confidence and decided to act.
"He does!" — I repeated after my friend.

I certainly didn't like that! Now it turns out that I am a slave of Bregan and Keeshe in particular! I really hope that this little spectacle doesn't have any legal force! The priestess was really frightening, and she asked me some tricky question about my work and Bregan.
"My master didn't allow me to speak, jalil" — I declared.

This was getting more and more tense, I felt a tremble in my knees when the priestess approached me, she tried to grab my chin, but suddenly Keeshe grabbed her arm an—

[The remaning part of the page was burnt]

(\/);,;(\/)

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Someday you will understand...

1st of Ches

My plan was in action, but looks like I have put a bit more efforts than I should have... I only wanted to find someone with good ears, but instead I have acquired several well trained professional assasins at my disposal — they were awaiting for my sign. This has gone way too far!

Yesterday I nailed a leaflet at Friendly Arm Inn message board containing the warning to Elspeth. The word has spread with the lightning speed, and today I heard everyone whispering about it. This was getting out of control. It was a dead end for me. I have made way too much fuss around this, and I made it dangerous for Elspeth. The problem is that when... I mean, IF she will be killed by a headhunter — everyone will know who to blame.

I was getting more and more nervous, I have met Cylissa, I wanted to tell her about that problem, but there were way too many ears around, everyone was thirsty for fresh rumors! Finally we found a queit place not so far from the trade way, I have told her everything, she was shocked, I promised her to deal with those problems...

"Curious. So ye hired Drow ta kill Elspeth, eh?"
Shitt. He heard everything. A shady one-eyed man was leaning against a tree with a cigar in his teeth. Of course I denied everything, but he just walked away with a shameless smile! We were in panic. That cunning jerk will certainly sell that information!

We didn't know what to do. I was in such a deep trouble! I knew that I will be imprisoned some day, but I didn't expect that moment to be that close! We were discussing every possible sollution, but there was no use! Finally we decided to talk to that one-eyed man called Mathias and... ask him to keep his mouth shut.

We found that sneaker talking to an elf in a robe. I already hate his everlasting smirk! We persuaded him to follow us, and in an hour we entered an abandoned mine. Mathias leaned to the wall, me and Cylissa were standing behind him blocking his way out. I needed to keep his mouth shut at all costs, but he was a persistent one. Cylissa tried to explain him the things as they are, I tried to bribe him and even threatened him, but nothing could erase his annoying smile!

Looks like he left us no choice. He must remain at this cave forever. He noticed my sinister expression and said that there is some compromise he wants to offer. Finally! I was prepared to hear the price of his silence, Mathias got some kind of scroll, and...

I thought that it can not be worse, but he just teleported himself away! Gods, now he will certainly tell everyone about what he had eavesdropped!

We were heading to the north with Cylissa. She was very depressed about what is going on right now. I was confused as well, this was a really bad situation for everyone. I saw an improvised camp near the road. Elspeth, Mathias, unknown woman and Michael Dunn, the captain of the Northern Watch — what a surprise indeed. Elspeth pointed at me, she called me drow lover again, I reminded her of her debt and was about to start another quarrel, but Cylissa kept pulling my arm, she begged me to stop this, so I had nothing to do but to follow her.

We rented a room at Winding Way Inn. There were plenty of things to discuss between us, but our conversation was interrupted in a mean way. Michael Dunn just broke in into our room. I demanded him to explain himself! He didn't deny that he has come after us though, so we had nothing to do but to follow him to the hall.

He asked us many questions about our side of the conflict. We tried to answer as honest as possible... except the part about drow, of course. Cylissa even tried to tell him about Ella Rift, but I poked her ribs, and she stopped. Finally that interrogation was over.
"You seem like a decent sort, Cylissa. Don't let bad company drag you down." — Michael said before walking away.
To be honest, he couldn't say it better.

I was talking with Cylissa at our secret place. I had the clear idea about the price she is paying for being with me, so I tried to be as honest with her as it is ever possible. I have told her about my past, about all the dirty things I have done and keep doing, about the real reason I travel so much.
"I am a notorious criminal, and a lucky one since we are talking." — I confessed to her. — "I know that my path leads to the gallows. I don't want you to end there as well."

She was shocked, it was hard for her to accept this, but... But she was still with me after all the things she learned about me. The future felt so troublous. I appreciate Cylissa, and this is the reason I don't want her to suffer because of me.

You are making a mistake, my dear. Someday you will understand...

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Thu May 03, 2018 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

I need to be prepared for that day...

2nd of Ches

Today Keeshe told me about his brief meeting with Elspeth. I was afraid that he murdered her, but looks like he just wanted to know my foe a bit better. I have told him the whole story, and he agreed to support me.

My fight with Elspeth is a matter of time. I had to retreat back then at the field, but now I will go till the end. The day of our final combat is close, I must be ready for whatever she has against me. Keeshe started training me. He is a sneaky bastard himself, so I have spent plenty of time trying to locate his exact location again and again while he was hiding in shadows. It went tough at first, but now I can detect his position precisely to an inch! He was surprised by the progress I was making, but I just had a good motivation...

In Varalla's passage we met his old friend, a mercenary called Draya. She was watching our training and she was impressed by my detection abilities. In a short time we were already sitting in Bregan's Hall. R'ju joined us as well, and we started discussing the plan. Unfortunately our meeting was interrupted by the master of Bregan (I don't remember what is her title), everyone had to follow her upstairs, leaving me alone with a bowl of mushroom soup.

I waited them for a whole damn hour! Finally Keeshe and Draya returned to the table. Keeshe was exhausted and depressed as never before, I don't even know what his boss told him, but he started consuming the wine like a sponge. Shorlty after this awkward meeting he said that he is too tired and left the hall.

"So... You won't follow Keeshe to his bedchamber?" — Draya asked me with cunning smile.
I was caught flatfooted by this question.
"You think I sleep with him or what?!" — I asked her bluntly.

Her questions were making me angry and nervous at the same time! How could she even think of that?! Keeshe is my good friend, do we really look like lovers?! I really wanted to stop that awkward talk! She asked if I won't mind if she shares a bed with him, she certainly enjoyed my reaction, the way I tell her that I don't care with trembling lips. She meant no offense to me, she was just playing with me, but that evening has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

At the end of this day I was discussing the things with Cylissa. She was worried about Keeshe's interruption, but I assured her that I have settled the things and no assasination will be involved. I had also had to tell her that I am going to fight Elspeth, and she agreed. Looks like she finally accepted the things as they are.

...During the night I was awaken by some kind of fuss around me. Cylissa was putting her armor on in haste. She has recieved a tell from Aries — the naive and tender elf from their gang. Aries was absent during the last days, and looks like she doesn't even know about all the things that happened while she was not around.

What would happen when she will face the sundering in her crew? And what side would she choose? Only the time would tell...

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

[Another page is missing, looks like it was torn away in haste]

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

She keeps spreading the filth. It is about to end...

4th of Ches

"Elspeth thinks you are my enemy. Tis true?"
That is right, today's trip on the surface started with diving into the tenacious swamp of dirty rumors and gossips. I am not sure how much effort is she putting in this, but her work looks impressive. I explained the things as they are to Ella Rift, and her peace treaty with Elspeth is no more.

I found that pale bitch in a company of some folks who are just eating the bullshit she feeds to them and asking for more. I didn't want to argue with all the nonsense I have heard today, I just promised to cut her filthy tongue unless she stops. A huge one-eyed dwarf started defending her. Grimm, once a cheerful warrior who was appreciated by Cylissa, who was kind to her, now stands before me and promises to smash my jaw. It was a pity to see all those fine people caught in her web of lies. I reminded her that she has only three days remaining and walked away.

There were many people in the Palace district inn that day. Cylissa, her new companions — brave hin girl and a one-eyed pirate, Pokey, the famous merchant, Ren — the jerk who tried to fool Teris around, and his friend in ridicolous red mask. I was lying on the sofa with a bottle of fungus wine in my hand and staring to the ceiling. I declared out loud that I am going to fight Elspeth in three days. Spread the word, people, let her fear.

Few hours later I was gazing at the fireplace with my arms crossed. I was stirring the embers with my tail as they were reflecting in my motionless red eyes. Cylissa was sitting at the sofa behind me. It was a tough conversation. We talked much about our relations, about what others say and about what do we do now. This was very confusing, I have never thought about us as a "thing", and now I realise why. We are having a good time together, is there anything else that matters?

In the end Cylissa didn't mind me cutting Elspeth's tongue off, and this was a good ending of that day...

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Looks like I will have to play fair... So be it.

5th of Ches

Cylissa told me that some kind of shady figure wants to talk to me. I realised that this was just another victim of Elspeth's lies, and I was right. Kalidorian, suspicious ranger from Doron Amar, suggested us to talk at the abandoned lighthouse. Who is he taking me for?! I told him that we would speak in crowded place or won't speak at all, and he had nothing to do but to follow me to the Friendly Arm.

Cylissa was on watch, while me and Kalidorian were speaking behind the closed door, and that conversation was not one of the most pleasant. He threatened me in every second phrase, I snarled back at him. At first he promised to gut me if I won't stop threatening the pale bitch, his kin as he said, but after spending an hour of that exhausting conversation he was finally able to take a peek beyond his own nose! He even promised to become a referee at out duel to make sure I won't murder Elspeth. Looks like I won't be able to cut her tongue, but on the other hand he won't hunt me in the forests which means I have one headache less.

This evening I had another important fight. Cylissa still thought that I am weaker than Elspeth! She claimed that I can't win the upcoming fight, she insisted on our training battle, and I agreed! Oh, she was making me so angry with her doubts! It was the first time ever we fought against each other.

The battle was fierce, no mercy, no give-aways. Finally she had to admit she underestimated me after she crumbled to the floor, powerless and unable to hold her halberd. She didn't expect me to be that dangerous in the fight. I wasn't that happy though. Cylissa is a skilled opponent, and I had to put much more efforts in this fight then I usually do. The blood was streaming from my nose, I was dizzy and exhausted, and it was a luck that I was able to stop when she fell to the ground... I felt so sorry about this fight! But she felt proud of me nevertheless.

Why am I doing it? I am a smuggler, a fraud, not some kind of fighter! It was the first time ever in my life when I was fighting for someone, not hiding behind someone's back. And the scariest thing about it is that it didn't feel wrong nor frightening to me.

In the end of the day she confessed that—

[The remaining part of the text is unreadable due to a flakon of ink poured onto it. There are also some blots from tansparent drops, perhaps of water or tears.]

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Over..?

7th of Ches

The time has come.

Today I was sitting at the boss chair at the Baldur's Gate arena. Raindrops were falling endlessly from the gray lifeless sky. Despite the awful weather, the arena was gathering more and more people. They were making bets, they were waiting for a good fight. But as I expected, that cowardly bitch is hiding somewhere, still plotting to get rid of me while keeping her hands clean.

Suddenly I have recieved a sending from Elspeth. She told me to come to the tradeway north of Friendly Arm Inn. It was an obvious trap, but the things have gone way too far. I must end it today.

I have gathered as many witnesses as I could, including Cylissa and Pokey McStab, and we started our march to my final destination.

Perhaps I am doing a stupid thing, but as I have ever been smart, eh? I was still hoping to talk to her, I have brought this huge crowd with me not to take an advantage, but to avoid a bloodshed at all. I am well prepared for a fair fight, but can I handle a well prepared ambush? Who knows... It is too late to turn back now.

I am writing these last notes before approaching the place Elspeth mentioned. I don't know what outcome awaits me today, but people will tell the truth...

P.S. Cylissa. Keep this journal if I die today. Forgive me for all the crap I've dragged you into. You deserve someone better than me.

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

...not yet.

10th of Ches

I remember that dream quite well, every single detail. I remember the shadows, the walls made of eternal darkness and despair. But then I saw the light. Step by little step, I was approaching this shiny portal, the key to my new life, the final harbor. Looks like I have finally found a place I can call home...

Suddenly the anxiety has taken over me, my legs felt like they were filled with lead. The portal was so close, but something tried to stop me, to steal my well deserved peace! I have heard the voice in the darkness, a deep sinister growl hit my ears.

"Pathetic..."
"What do you want from me?! Leave me alone!"
"No..."
"Get out of my head!"
"No... You live..."
"Live? What is the point?! Don't you see the light? I am finally free!"
"You prey... Pathetic..."
"Shut up!!! I've suffered enough, alright?! Let me go!"
"Weak..."
"Weak?! And what was I supposed to do?"
"Show them your teeth..."
"Listen, I tried my best, but I am dead now! Let me go!"
"Bitch... I did not allow you to die..."

...I was embracing my bare knees while sitting in the bathtube. The cold water was stroking my maimed skin. I was completely hollow inside, my empty gaze was staring to the wall, but I saw nothing but eternal emptiness. Cylissa was looking at me with no words.

They say that the powerful resurrection magic can bring back only those who sincerely want to live.
I did not want it. I was forced to.

We have spent our last night together. After that I have left the surface. Let them think that I am no more, it would be better for everyone. But I shall return...

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Living in the shadows.

11th of Ches

I am living in the shadows now. The whole world is a mirror, and I am nothing but a reflection of my previous self. The mask has erased my face, I am a ghost walking among the ususpecting living.

At the first day of my resurrection I was shocked and drained.
Since the second day I was dreaming of my revenge, but those obsessive thoughts were slowly devastating me, and this is much more than a figure of speech.

It was a turning point when I woke up leaning over a scared, maimed adventurer. My vengeful thoughts and deep shock have weakened the link between me and my inner spirit, and I have just returned to the reason I started this damn journal. The beast has broken the leash and now it hunts the innocent while my mind is comatose.

I needed support at this difficult moment, and she did not abandon me, she was still at my side after all the pain I caused to her. She is living a double-life now, and I am not alone in this shadow world anymore.

I am still thinking of my return. I can not hide forever after all...

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Three simple words.

12th of Ches

This day has started with troublesome news. Few days ago me and Cylissa were discussing a way to pass through the wall in the Ogre Stronghold. I mentioned that this spell was only available to powerful wizards, but she answered that she saw a brutal muscular man with a naked torso doing it. It was amusing then, but today I saw her talking to that exact man in the forest.

I have overheard part of their conversation, and when they mentioned a "contract" and "killing her" I have revealed myself. This is right. They were talking about me.

Someone has hired this man to murder me, and I saw his horrifying fighting style. This colossus could easily smash my inner beast with his bare hands, but he was acting very weird for an assasin. He tried to avoid all my questions, looks like he wanted to escape from me. He didn't tell me anything about his client, so I had to run my own investigation. I had two suspects in my head, both names start with "E".

I was planning to pay a visit to the first "E" since my resurrection, and today the time has come. My plan was pretty simple — Cylissa leaves my shadow world and lures Elspeth to the private talk with wine and other stuff, and then I am just breaking in at the most inappropriate moment.

But as usual, everything gone wrong. Instead of spoiling all the fun, I was just listening to their conversation for hours while standing right behind the door to the Friendly Arm conference room. They were having a good time, Elspeth played beautiful music and remembered the past with Cylissa at this warm nostalgic evening. In the end they were joined by Elspeth's brother, they were eager to restore their relations with Cylissa, they said they were ready talk to me if it is neccesary. And this was the moment of truth.

"Long time no see..." — I pronounced with cold voice while already sitting at the head of the table with my arms crossed.
Silverleaves were shocked, they certainly didn't expect that. I said that I am here to talk and told her brother to buzz off in a mean manner. That arrogant lad tried to argue with me, but he had to leave after Elspeth asked him to. I locked the door after him and our awkward conversation has begun.

"Look, you two said you wanted to make peace. Isn't that right, Dasha?" — Cylissa asked with worried voice.
"Not exactly..." — I answered with sinister expression.

I was gazing at Elspeth under my hood with cold and emotionless stare. I felt her anxiety, Cylissa was even more afraid. It was an obvious ambush from me, a perfect moment to take my revenge, everyone understood it. Elspeth was already prepared to fight me, but I won't change my mind. This was one of the toughest decisions of my life, but I have made it several days ago. I have taken a deep breath and declared:

"I forgive you."

A moment of silence. Cylissa sighed with relief, while Elspeth was caught flat-footed by my words. She looked lost and didn't understand why I am doing it. This time I was sincere and repeated those words again. Elspeth apologised about the rumors that surrounded me and Cylissa. It all went quite well until the moment Elspeth screwed it up.

"What of the dhaeraow?"
"This is none of your business." — I answered her bluntly.
"I suppose this meeting was for naught." — she said in response.

This was the moment we have made a huge circle. We were shouting at each other once again, I was hitting the table and throwing tableware, Cylissa tried to stop it, but then she just called us arseholes and left the room slamming the door.

"Do you love her?" — Elspeth asked me.
It was a low-blow. I was completely lost and started shouting at her with new force, she was using it to blame me for using Cylissa's kindness, I was so enraged that I hardly controlled myself, and Elspeth was taunting me making it even worse.

Finally I burned out and crumbled to the chair. I was staring to the wall trying to hide my treacherous tears. And then I have heard the tender sounds of her lute. I don't remember how it happened, but in a dozen of minutes we were already sitting by the fireplace drinking the glorious fungus wine and sharing stories.

But of course Elspeth wouldn't be Elspeth if she hadn't spoiled everything once again. She was demanding me to pronounce three simple words, and after my harsh reaction she was just telling me how right she was about me who "uses" Cylissa. That idiot has absolutely no idea what I feel! She—

[The remaining part of the page was harshly torn away]

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

This day is screwed up...

13th of Ches

I was slowly returning to the living world. Today I have made several new acquaintances. I have met Harald, an indecisive clumsy man, and his friend, Rurik the dwarf, who kept mocking his strange comrade. We were joined by two hins — Amabel, the lass I've met before at Helm and Cloak, and a bizarre girl I have saved from the brigands at the Trade way few days ago, Leah or something like it.

Later we were sitting at the bench near the church with Cylissa. She was telling me a story about her recent piligrimage to the sacred tree at the mounatains, and I was complaining about my allergy to celestial-blooded humans. We met a dwarf called Darmick who just wanted to rest at the bench, but was sent to buy some wine at the Phoenix company instead. A human lad called Garret joined us for the same purpose, but this fellow was more persistent and not so naive. Despite this, we got along just fine, Darmick returned with a bag full of luxury wine, and our improvised party has begun.

This all sounds so lovely and peaceful, what could go wrong?
The answer is obvious. Despite our yesterday's conversation, the pale bitch kept playing her silly game. She was overhearing us using the cat, or a magical familiar with magical concealement which sounds more precise. I sensed the cat with my nose and told her to buzz off, but she kept eavesdropping our conversation. And then she just appeared at the scene playing annoying melody at her lute.

This nasty snake has recieved exactly what she was looking for. I started shouting at her and at everyone else around while looking like an idiot in their eyes, Cylissa got very angry at me and walked away in unknown direction. Elspeth kept making fun out of me.

"Dear Dasha, I feel like you are being less than truethful about that... Why do you hate me so much?" — the bitch kept mocking me.
After taking a deep breath, I said:
"Enjoy the wine, folks. And music."

The day was screwed up completely. I wanted to leave the Inn alone, but suddenly I was stopped by Harald. He asked me about what happened there between us. I was already too tired for shouting at people, so I told him.
"Want to take a walk, have a beer, just... Changing your mind maybe?" — he proposed me.
I agreed with ease.

At first I handed the initiative to him, but he was new to these lands, really new... After he was nearly killed by goblins in the forest, I decided to take a lead to Baldur's Gate. This lad was looking for decent weapon so I showed him several places. I tried to be polite, but I was still thinking about her.

Later we ended up drinking at Helm and Cloak Inn. Although this man looked clumsy at first, in fact he appeared to be much more insightful. It was so weird to hear sincere advices from a man who tells you how to make peace with a woman... At first I tried to deny everything he said about us, but then I was just sinking my tears in the wine giving no crap about what is going on around me.

I don't remember how, but I was guiding him through the dangerous places by the evening. I was protecting him from deadly spells of skeleton mages as well as from giant stones thrown by ettins. I showed him such beautiful sights as Vault of the Dead and the Ogre Fortress.

In fact, this man has turned out to be a priest of some shady deity whose name I didn't remember. Something about mist and other suspicious stuff. He wanted me to lead him through the Ogre Fortress, but I refused. I knew that I would have to use my spirit to defend him, and there was a huge risk to lose control after all the sorrow and alcohol that filled me today...

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Show them your teeth.

14th of Ches

They were shocked.
There was an immense crowd by the campfire, many of them still thought I am dead. But this was the moment when I decided to make my final step into the living world. I had no weapon with me, no armor, no face covering. Dressed in dress, I called Cylissa for the private talk.

I apologised for what happened yesterday and presented her a gift. Maybe I took Harald's advice too literally, but Cylissa saw a giant wooden rose imbued with powerful enchantments in my hand. She accepted this unusual gift, and in a few minutes we were talking like in a good old times.

Suddenly she recieved a sending from Elspeth. She told that Doron Amar is in danger. Cylissa was so worried about this, she shouted at me when I assumed that this was another Elspeth's joke. I offered her my help, I knew that I am not welcome at that village, but there was no time to waste. Cylissa was so worried that she started to gather any reinforcement she could get at Friendly Arm. We were joined by several men, including Harald and Edwin, a good looking, but suspicious person.

We arrived at the groove near Doron Amar. Cylissa told me to go with her, but I didn't want the archers to turn me into some kind of a hedgehog! I kept a huge distance from the gates, I was just hiding in shadows awaiting for news. And of course I was right.

Cylissa was even more enraged after what Elspeth told her at the gates. It seems that there was no threat at all, she just made us walk this huge distance for nothing! My dear Cylissa, why do you keep being so naive? This was a provocation, I was smart enough not to get in archer's sight, but I bet that the pale bitch will find other means to set Doron Amar against me once again. Oh, she still can not leave me be!

Later this evening I was sitting at the bar with Edwin talking about this day. I didn't see where Cylissa go, but my nose told me the truth. The smells upstairs... Cylissa was talking to Elspeth about something. I decided not to interrupt them. I was pretending to be apathetic even when started shouting at each other in elven right behind my back and then left the Inn. But I could not remain silent any longer when Cylissa returned.

Her face was completely wet of tears, she crumbled to my shoulder, and I embraced her tight, trying to calm her. She was so upset by pale bitch' words, she said that Elspeth has cast her away once again, and that she will accept her only if she gets rid of me. I was boiling of rage, this was another blatant manipulation, but I knew that telling the truth will only make things worse right now so I kept my mouth shut. Finally Cylissa ran from me upstairs, and only when I finished crushing the furniture and yelling at people I sniffed the air and realised that I don't sense her in the Inn...

I rushed to the roof and harshly grabbed her by her waist, I was so afraid of her, but she has already calmed down and didn't want to make her final step down the roof. She is so naive, she still worries about me and Elspeth unable to become friends, she thinks that Elspeth will never change. Even though she was talking about this liar, I had to disagree with her.
People DO change. They just need a reason...

"I need to let out some steam" — she finally said, and I was happy to help her with that.

I don't remember how many ogres have we slain today. We were still trying to find the key to that damnable passage, we even found their chief, but he possesed no key. After another hot fight we decided to rest. At the camp she was talking me about her fears, about turning into outcast by Elspeth's efforts, about how much other elves despise her, and I am done listening to this depressive bullshit! Screw this town of hypocrites and thugs called Doron Amar, she deserves much more than this!

I have told her the story of my dream when I died... The light I have seen in the end of the tunnel... And at the end of my final path I saw a portal, I didn't know where it leads, but it was certain that I will finally find a place I can call home... And then I told her about my real savior... About my inner beast who has forbidden me to die... I have given up that day, I knew that this is all over and there is no chance to change the things, I desperately asked him what do I do, and the spirit told me one simple thing in response, and now I understand that this is the first time I agree with him.

"What did he answer?" — she asked me.
"Show them your teeth." — I declared with proud smile, smirking through my happy tears.

Don't let anyone take you down, my dear. When you think it is lost or over, just show them your teeth so they would know that you still can bite...

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

I saw a beautiful dream.

15th of Ches

Today I was trading with Rockrun merchants, and saw the light shining bright as the sun itself. Another bunch of foolish surface adventurers! I shouted at the idiot with light ward and he had to remove it. Gods, how did they ever make it here?!

Tobar Suresteel, Daishi (the fool with a light) and Cylissa... This is right, I shouted at her too! Why did she come here with no mask?! What is wrong with all these people, do they ever care about their own safety?! Later on we have used several teleportation scrolls in order to get back to the surface, Daishi was threatening to set the whole Sword Coast against me, but I just deservedly called him an idiot one more time and he left us.

Cylissa thought much about our yesterday's conversation. She has chosen a path of the lone wolf, and now she follows Fenmrael Mesteraen (or something like this, damn elven names). In order to swear an oath to her new deity, she decided to make a piligrimage to the distant mountains full of dangerous beasts, and she asked my help at this.

After long hours of exhausting walk, we finally reached the southern mountains. I certainly didn't expect them to be this cold! I was numb to my bones, and mithral scales in my armor only made things plenty times worse! But I promised to go till the end with her, and the difficult part has just begun.

The higher we climbed, the more horrifying monsters we met. Giant apes, ferocious arctic trolls, enormous spiders with invincible skin crawling in the snowstorm, deadly oozes which have nearly send us both to the Fugue... Although I was overconfident and unserious all the way to the mointains, I admit that we would have never made it alive together. There is a nuance here, I would even say that we had a third member...

The strength of my spirit is truly insane. He can survive even the most lethal attacks and defeat every possible monster with his bare paws. Is there any limit to his power? Who knows... There is always a price though. The more I was hiding inside his invincible fur, the more pressure I recieved. I was dizzy and weakened, the blood was streaming from my nose like a waterfall, this strain was getting beyond my endurance, but our journey was over.

We were standing infront of a huge tree. For me it looked the same as any other tree around, but the smell was very good. Cylissa sweared an oath to her deity and left an offering beneath the tree. I didn't understand the mystery of this place, in fact I was too tired to feel anything special.

I saw a beautiful dream.
There was a field... But the skies weren't red... They were blue... The rain was piercing the enldess green plains... I was trying to hide from the rain, and I saw the golden tree in the middle of the field... I hid beneath its gilded branches... I licked my old wounds... But the hunt is not yet over...

...I slowly opened my eyes. Cylissa was stroking my cheek with a warm smile. It looks like I fell asleep just beneath that tree. The frost was merciless, but it couldn't reach us at this sacred place. Judging from what I have heard from Cylissa, it looks like that the spirit has taken control over me like in the past dark times. But this time it was different... It put me in the trance, but the dream was different... This time the spirit didn't want to start a carnage, he wanted to touch the sacred tree, to feel its warmth...

Does this mean anything? Who knows... In the end of the day I was enjoying Cylissa's strong hands massaging my shoulders in Friendly Arm public bath. Good old memories...

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

I didn't expect this from Doron Amar elves...

18th of Ches

I feel myself very odd since I helped Cylissa to commit her piligrimage. Those exhausting battles with dangerous monsters have put an enormous strain at me. It happened before, but this is the first time I feel myself weak and tired even after several days have passed.

Yesterday I recieved a tell from her. She said that she allowed dwarf to lead her group into the maze and now they are completely lost... It was amusing at first, but I wasn't that happy later when it finally came to their rescue. I could easily track them using my scent, but those damn fools kept running around the maze like insane! And after I finally caught them, my adventures have just begun! Rurik, Harald, Cylissa, Zyona — all of them were doing their best to piss me off and remain at that maze forever, but I have saved them despite their resistance!

Later this evening Cylissa introduced me to Sirion, a moon elf wizard. He was very different from other Doron Amar citizens I have met. For example, he did not threaten me nor promised to kill me, in fact he was making ironic remarks about Doron Amar instead, and this surprised me. Cylissa went to sleep, me, Harald and Sirion remained at the Friendly Arm. We were talking the whole evening about Doron Amar, my issues with elves and other related stuff. Later we ventured to Phoenix company office to deliever my letter, but sofas there were soooo soft and comortable that I could do nothing but to stretch on them, and our conversation continued.

I was always wondering who is that mysterious guard by the entrance. Sirion confirmed that this was a gondsman or golem.

"Not that impressive though. — I said nonchalantly. — Bregan golems are ten times..."

I suddenly stopped. I just realised that perhaps I have made a huge mistake right now. Sirion said that I'd better keep my mouth shut about this, I started pretending that I am just talking about the rumors I have heard by the campfire, it was awkward for me, and Sirion was a Doron Amar citizen, what if he could...

"I have seen them. Quite intimidating." — he suddenly said.

I was confused by what I have just heard, but Harald and other people at the lodge didn't care about these words or even found them funny, and this was the moment I realised that he was speaking undercommon. I pretended that I didn't understand a thing, I laughed at him and started mocking him imitating his weird speech... it was looking like this at least. In fact I asked in undercommon:
"An elf who has seen them? How is that possible?"

For Harald we made up an improvised story about us making fun of hin language, but actually it was a long talk, and we have discovered much new about eachother... I also suspect that in fact Harald understood everything we said, but only time would tell.

Today me and Cylissa have arranged a meeting with another unusual elf from Doron Amar. A strange tall lad in glasses called Oth, he was looking indecisive, but suspicious at the same time. He was speaking more openly against Doron Amar than Sirion did, and he had much more to hide from them as it turned out...

Another interesting fact is that Oth was a witness of a carnage set by Elspeth and Aurelia back then at the Trade way. He have seen the truth by his own eyes and he supports us, and this was the second time I was sincerely surprised by words of Doron Amar citizen. He told Cylissa the right words. He said that Doron Amar is not the whole world, and being unable to join this closed community doesn't mean turning into an exile. His words has taken a huge effect, I have seen a sincere smile at Cylissa's face, they meant so much for her.

I will always say it, my dear. You deserve something better.

(\/);,;(\/)

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”