Cormac Rhyssen

Your characters' general information and background/origin should go here.

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Mausman

Cormac Rhyssen

Unread post by Mausman »

(Image done by the wonderful Herisheft! ) Cormac when he firstly arrived on the Coast.

(Image done by the wonderful Fury!) Cormac, in the here and now. Grim and maturing.

Basic Information
Name: Cormac Rhyssen (Cormac de la Hire)
Aliases: None yet
Race: Human, Cormyrian
Profession: Investigator, information Broker
Faction: None confirmed thus far. Freelancer.
Deity: Suprise! (Figure that out ic ;) )

Accent: Cormyr evidently courses through his veins. He speaks akin a man who has had a good education, but certain tones that betray his heritage can be heard.

Physical Information
Height: 1m83
Weight: 75 Kilograms
Body build: Tall, lean, lightly toned
Skin type: Smooth
Hair style: Long, black, well tended to
Eyes: Emerald Green
Skin: Caucasian
Body-markings: His eyepatch not longer is present. The young man appears to have chosen to use his milk-white glazed eye as part of his presentation of self.
Underneath clothing, the young man is riddled with scars on torso, back and arms. Closer inspection might reveal what has been the cause of particular former injuries.
Class and Likely Development: Rogue/Swashbuckler/Duelist/SURPRISE
Weaknesses: Can be impulsive, has trouble resisting gambling

Behaviour/ Presentation

Cunning, intelligent and calm. That is the presentation Cormac wears as of recent. A hint of grimness lingers around him, but his manner of contact with most people remains warm and kind enough.
During combat the young man turn's utterly serious and appears to prefer nasty strikes and precise ones at that. One thing is clear, crippling or ending his foe has his undivded attention.

Gear
A Rapier of the sabre type, well kept and cared for and of exquisite make. A Poignard never strays far from it. His longcoat evidently is well-made and of upper-class origin.

Goals:
Investigate the local events
Possibly find a benefactor
Possibly find himself hired by interested party

Backstory
Born in Eveningstar, Cormac was raised together with his sister Jeanne in poverty. Their parents owned a small farm that mainly raised cattle and on minor scale, trained horses. As years progressed, one of the patrons of their parents, fell ill in Eveningstar. He was being tended to in the House of the Morning and requested my father to drive his Caravan onward towards Espar, where his business partner would take over the Caravan. One of the guards would lend his horse to ride back to Eveningstar, the horse to be returned to the patron in question.

Learning how much would be paid for the inconvenience, Cormac's father agreed. Cormac was seventeen summers by then, Jeanne eightteen.

During that week, various Caravans had been reported missing, with guards, wagons, horses never to have been found, or so it is said.

During the period of mourning, Cormac found himself visited by his Uncle, Gerárd, who took him back to his home in Suzail. It was there, Cormac disovered what rumors lingered about the caravans that had disappeared, however, his Uncle mostly did this to invoke the young man's thirst for vengeance and fanned the flames with promise of education, a training and task, to find himself sent to the Sword-Coast, both to investigate and report local events, but also, to find and a specific individual.

Possible Plot-Hook Ideas and Misc Facts:

- Get hired by interested party
- Discover what happened to his father
- Reunite with his sister (am open for a player who would like to play her!)
- Pursue his personal goals
- Find the designated individual his uncle asked him to
- Pvp accepted within reason and conform server rules
- Permastrikes accepted within good reason and conform server rules

((Yes, yes, Bowie's version is the best. But thise one suited Cormac a bit better!))

I spoke into his eyes
I thought you died alone
A long long time ago

Oh no, not me
I never lost control
You're face to face
With the man who sold the world

Last edited by Mausman on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wulfrik, Hunter Ever, Hunter After

Alaan Skriesong, Anarchist, Assassin, Wild Person- Retired with his She-wolf Elfling in a homely cave -Retired
Mausman

Re: Cormac Rhyssen

Unread post by Mausman »

With a frown, Cormac glanced at the camp that was ransacked, scent of fire and death lingered upon the very winds.
With a hint of concern in his guts, he set out to look for signs of the Watch.

Alaan Skriesong, Anarchist, Assassin, Wild Person- Retired with his She-wolf Elfling in a homely cave -Retired
DM Mimic
DM

Unread post by DM Mimic »

Approved. Please contact a DM in game for your reward.
Hidden: show
Mausman wrote:Image

(Image done by the wonderful Herisheft! )

Basic Information
Name: Cormac Rhyssen (Cormac de la Hire)
Aliases: None yet
Race: Human, Cormyrian
Profession: Investigator, information Broker
Faction: None confirmed thus far. Freelancer.
Deity: Suprise! (Figure that out ic ;) )

Accent: Cormyr evidently courses through his veins. He speaks akin a man who has had a good education, but certain tones that betray his heritage can be heard.

Physical Information
Height: 1m83
Weight: 75 Kilograms
Body build: Tall, lean, lightly toned
Skin type: Smooth
Hair style: Long, black, well tended to
Eyes: Emerald Green
Skin: Caucasian
Body-markings: Eyepatch over right eye. Underneath clothing, the young man is riddled with scars on torso, back and arms. Closer inspection might reveal what has been the cause of particular former injuries.
Class and Likely Development: Rogue/Swashbuckler/Duelist/SURPRISE
Weaknesses: Can be impulsive, has trouble resisting gambling

Behaviour/ Presentation

Cormac presents himself as a thoroughly confident swashbuckler and investigator of local events. His clothing is neat, hair well tended to. The young man speaks rather animated, hands accompany his words. A wink, smile and flirt can easily be found with him.
During combat the young man turn's utterly serious and appears to prefer nasty strikes and precise ones at that. One thing is clear, crippling or ending his foe has his undivded attention.

Gear
A Rapier of the sabre type, well kept and cared for and of exquisite make. A Poignard never strays far from it. His longcoat evidently is well-made and of upper-class making.

Goals:
Investigate the local events
Possibly find a benefactor
Possibly find himself hired by interested party

Backstory
Born in Eveningstar, Cormac was raised together with his sister Jeanne in poverty. Their parents owned a small farm that mainly raised cattle and on minor scale, trained horses. As years progressed, one of the patrons of their parents, fell ill in Eveningstar. He was being tended to in the House of the Morning and requested my father to drive his Caravan onward towards Espar, where his business partner would take over the Caravan. One of the guards would lend his horse to ride back to Eveningstar, the horse to be returned to the patron in question.

Learning how much would be paid for the inconvenience, Cormac's father agreed. Cormac was seventeen summers by then, Jeanne eightteen.

During that week, various Caravans had been reported missing, with guards, wagons, horses never to have been found, or so it is said.

During the period of mourning, Cormac found himself visited by his Uncle, Gerárd, who took him back to his home in Suzail. It was there, Cormac disovered what rumors lingered about the caravans that had disappeared, however, his Uncle mostly did this to invoke the young man's thirst for vengeance and fanned the flames with promise of education, a training and task, to find himself sent to the Sword-Coast, both to investigate and report local events, but also, to find and bring to justice a specific individual.

Possible Plot-Hook Ideas and Misc Facts:

- Get hired by interested party
- Discover what happened to his father
- Reunite with his sister (am open for a player who would like to play her!)
- Pursue his personal goals
- Find the designated individual his uncle asked him to (would require DM involvement, or, a player willing to play said character in a sort of npc style. Feel free to poke me in a PM or tell!)

- Pvp accepted within reason and conform server rules
- Permastrikes accepted within good reason and conform server rules

((Yes, yes, Bowie's version is the best. But thise one suited Cormac a bit better!))

I spoke into his eyes
I thought you died alone
A long long time ago

Oh no, not me
I never lost control
You're face to face
With the man who sold the world

DM Mimic
DM

Unread post by DM Mimic »

Rewarded.
Mausman

Unread post by Mausman »

Flashback

"It...is yours, Cormac. I have been with no other..."

The young man gulped, visibly, as he glanced up at the young woman in front of him

"...Y...you are certain of this? I mean... "

"Yes, I am certain...you are...disappointed, aren't you?"

"Di....no, please...come, sit with me" He sighed and took a sip from his mug

"It is just a bit unexpected, Claudia. You...do understand that, right?"

"But this is what it is and I have never made it secret how I feel about you. But we both know your parents who not approve of me, after all, yours, is a noble house. I am but a peasant to them"

"I -do- understand, Cormac"
"But I want us to become a family...I don't care how, we can live with your mother for all I care until we have enough to get a small home. We'll make it work!"

She sat down next to him

The young man wrapped his arms around her in a tender embrace

"I want nothing more than the same, my love. I admit that this...startled me, but I -am- happy." He smiled and planted a kiss on the top of her head

"A family, hmh?"

She met his gaze with her own and smiled with a giggle

"Our family, Cormac..."

Young...in love and pregnant, the two sat in silence as they had made their pact

Mausman

Unread post by Mausman »

Nightmare

A masked ball within familiar manor. -Her- manor. "Noble" houses, gathered in one perverted gathering of adultery, haze of alcohol and powders of origins most foul.

Everyone is masked, including himself. Fake smiles, polite bows. Now is the time to perform, Cormac...

A dance here, a goblet there, don't sip from it, Cormac! simply hold it, be natural, eyes on the mark, the host, the father, the Patriarch, the bastard...-her- father.

He had the notes on his person, the proof he hired them. Hired them, to save himself from so called "shame" a "taint" in the family. How foul must this entire enterprise of him and his be, if he was willing to have his own daughter and unborn murdered? The dealing in forbidden substances was one thing, but there likely was more to discover...

Did it matter? No, not at all, he would kill him and get out, that was that. Uncle could sod off.
Vengeance was the only right cause in this, not justice. Justice would let the cur off much too easily.

No...there was a hidden crossbow with barbed bolt, coated in vile poison. Time to deliver it, Cormac.

Cormac moved through the dancing people with grace, a wide smile underneath mask as he drifted to and fro, as he made his way to the front, where his mark stood, overseeing the ball akin an overlord. Smirking, waving, accompanied by two guards.

Hidden in wristsheaths, were two throwing daggers...Cormac danced his way to the front and flourished a dramatic bow in front of the father of his now dead love. With swift agility, two throwing daggers found their way into throat of one guard whilst the other yelped with a dagger stuck in cheek.

With a scream of anger and agony, Cormac revealed hand-held crossbow from underneath his longcoat and leaped towards his mark, pressing the mechanism that fired wickedly shaped bolt, point blank, into the man's heart.

Witnessing women screamed in horror, men flinched, taken a back by the brazen display and blood being spilled.

As the man fell backwards, clutching his chest, Cormac grunted as he sat down on top of him, watching the life fade out of him.

With a loud gasp, sweat drenching his shirt, Cormac sits up and breathes rapidly, realising it was that dream again...reliving that moment...tearing up that old wound time and again...

Mausman

Unread post by Mausman »

-Bio edit. New artwork, done by Fury. Edit of appearance description and behaviour

Return to “Character Biographies”