Interiors and Roleplay XP

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Vogar Eol
Recognized Donor

Interiors and Roleplay XP

Unread post by Vogar Eol »

This topic is to discuss adjustments to Roleplay XP to try and bait people into role playing in the beautiful BGTSCC interiors, such as Taverns, Inns, and Temples.

It was suggested in the other topic, that Roleplay XP should be raised in interior locations. The idea being that this would bait players into role playing with their characters in interiors more.

The main counter to this idea is that it would kill off epic leveling areas, which only give about 35 XP per kill. Raising Roleplay XP any further would make chatting grant EPIC levels faster than exploring.

Anyway, discussion here.
Vogar Eol - Dwarf, "I likes pixie wine. It just be hard catching enough pixies to squeeze."

Rashal - Lady's Man, "What do you call a male elf? Pathetic, as it were."
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Re: Interiors and Roleplay XP

Unread post by aaron22 »

only way players will use indoor areas as gathering spots is if they become the hub. not just another area met from the hub. unless it is a hub, it will be just another place to go from the hub and that hub will be the gathering spot.

what i think.
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Asmodea

Unread post by Asmodea »

A 'hub' by my opinion is mainly powered by two things: people who idle at locations for hours upon hours at a time and amount of foot traffic passed a place. I am not sure higher XP per tick is good incentive for those types of players as they hit the RP cap pretty quickly anyway and often are less concerned with efficient use of time. It definitely doesn't increase foot traffic. A higher cap? Might be more likely to draw such players in if it can be done. Actually. But still seems a minor incentive.
Player of Isabella Villame
---------------------------------------------
"Be careful what you pretend to be."
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

what i mean by hub is a place where many areas bottleneck into a single locale. provide it a merchant to load and offload along with a spawn spot, healer/raiser and auction.

but if my theory is correct, then more people should be using soubar. it is far and away better than FAI and FAI is really good. but soubar is better.
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Lockonnow

Unread post by Lockonnow »

how about others Interiors you can be force to stay in a cave or others if there is a horde of monster out side
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Well, the first step is just parking your Character in a Tavern or Inn. See what happens. Or, don't wait, just invite others to join you in Tavern Talk!

I'll go ahead and toot my own horn by mentioning that in 2 cases, I did some "clever" things with 2 factions I started: 1) the Mirari claimed the Eastern Gate open plaza as their defacto "guild hall." LOL. Lots of traffic there! 2) the Windspell Adventurer's Guild used the Blade & Stars Inn as their guild hall, which was obviously unofficial and gave us no extra bonuses, but all the RP started and ended in that Inn, which was awesome sauce!

So what I'm saying is that more than just OOC asking for a change, find a crafty way to steer others into what you think is important—for me, it was having lots of RP in a tavern/inn or to gain as much "traffic" as possible to the RP base of the Faction—and hope that others play along. :D

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Vogar Eol
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Vogar Eol »

"...I'm starting with the man in the mirror...."
Vogar Eol - Dwarf, "I likes pixie wine. It just be hard catching enough pixies to squeeze."

Rashal - Lady's Man, "What do you call a male elf? Pathetic, as it were."
Wolfrayne
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Wolfrayne »

RP is still faster than grinding most epic level areas unless you have a party anyway. Usually once i hit level 20 i dont bother going out anywhere unless its part of RP.

There is just no draw to go out and explore the same areas hundred times over when i can simply wander around the populated areas and interact with people for XP. You run the same circles, kill the same mobs and loot the same chests every 6 hours.
Reiker Vexx - "Fortune favors the bold"
Cyrus Raviin - "Veritas Credo Oculos"

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”