Hide in plain sight

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Scorpius

Hide in plain sight

Unread post by Scorpius »

It would be cool to be able to... maybe buy an item that when you put it in your inventory, makes your HIPS skill to do a VFX of a smoking bomb around your character when you activate HIPS :) just to make it cool looking instead of just goind invisible.... (NO AOE... only around character on same tile)

like ... POOF ! vanish in smoke...

XD

nothing changes from the original HIPS... only a little VFX that players could "buy" and put into invo or put out if they dont like it and want it to be original way...

could adda "poof" sound to it to make it even better XD but just brainstorming no need for this one XD
Daishi Tora
Kensei, Master of the Hiten Mitsurugi Tora sword technic. (Phoenix Company), seeking "The Way"(Follower of the old order), Bladestone Foundation
Kaoi Kaze - Crimson Blade - Blackrose - Last Order
Isha Yahto - Shaman
Tsidkenu

Re: Hide in plain sight

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Buy Ninja Dust grenades and throw one before you HIPS.
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

just pretend or emote the smoke.. most people i think will play along
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

You can buy smoke/flash bombs in Nashkel, they're pretty sweet... the DC is based on set traps, I think, but it's a fortitude save, so... if you're a ninja/rogue type you might not want to throw it at your own feet ;)
There are no level 30's, only level 20's with benefits...
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

Snarfy wrote:You can buy smoke/flash bombs in Nashkel, they're pretty sweet... the DC is based on set traps, I think, but it's a fortitude save, so... if you're a ninja/rogue type you might not want to throw it at your own feet ;)
I believe it uses either Set Traps or Disable Device (whichever is more favorable) for DC. And yes, it would be bad to set these bombs off while in the radius... :twisted:
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

chad878262 wrote:I believe it uses either Set Traps or Disable Device (whichever is more favorable) for DC.
You're right, it's whichever is higher(and maybe even based on both?). Needless to say, if you have high set traps or disable, flash and grease bombs are pretty powerful. The only down-side is that you have to prime them first... which can drag you out of stealth, and then you have to deal with the large bullseye on your (hiney). :doh:

The only other throw-ables that resemble a smoke bomb is ninja dust/advanced ninja dust. This is another one that you absolutely DO NOT want to lob at your own feet :lol:
There are no level 30's, only level 20's with benefits...
Bad Omens

Unread post by Bad Omens »

If you are a caster, you could cast a Darkness spell too.
Darkcloud777

Unread post by Darkcloud777 »

Terri recieved a DM reward. it cast darkness 3 times per day and I use it before I go into shadow . its a minor reward but a great rp piece. Its called the gem of darkness. I emote throwing it to the ground
Terri Lalani
Administrator of Phoenix Company
electric mayhem

Unread post by electric mayhem »

Terri recieved a DM reward. it cast darkness 3 times per day and I use it before I go into shadow . its a minor reward but a great rp piece. Its called the gem of darkness. I emote throwing it to the ground
Remind me to follow Terri around and ask her to HIPS out. Just so I can pick up the gem off the ground. :twisted: :lol:

~Claret - Proprietor of Clarity Cellars.
~Wouveir - Hellstorm Crew
~Adolamin Marblerune - Arcane Engineer and Lorekeeper citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. [His Story]
~Harrison Remillard - Morninglord of the Song of the Morning Temple.

Scorpius

Unread post by Scorpius »

lol nice way to emulate it... but I was talking about doing a real VFX that "DO NOT" harm you XD lol like the real thing I mean... lol

I love your suggestions tho :)
Daishi Tora
Kensei, Master of the Hiten Mitsurugi Tora sword technic. (Phoenix Company), seeking "The Way"(Follower of the old order), Bladestone Foundation
Kaoi Kaze - Crimson Blade - Blackrose - Last Order
Isha Yahto - Shaman
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Snarfy wrote:This is another one that you absolutely DO NOT want to lob at your own feet :lol:
Dammit Snarfy... ruin my fun :lol:

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”