Thread of infinite appreciation!!

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

artemitavik

Re: Thread of infinite appreciation!!

Unread post by artemitavik »

Ok, time to do a major shout out.

There's a lot to this, so if I miss someone I'm totally sorry.

First, DM Mimic. Holy crap dude, you are awesome. I have been gaming a long time with some straight out professional story-tellers of DMs but the resolution of the story plots with Derik and Lannia were just insane. You took a lot of random details, wove them together from two characters that had completely different origins, took things that had already been done, put a new spin on it, and ended up making a SINGLE story that was so freakin' incredible I'm still geeking out over it. That plot went in direction totally unimagined and with enemies completely unexpected. Thank you ever so much!

Lannia: Thank you for putting up with me the last year or so and letting your story get interwoven with mine. I can honestly say that the character development and RP that has taken place is some of the most enjoyable I have ever had, both participating in and watching. I look forward to continuing the RP into other plots and shenanigans! Or just hanging out at the Anchor with friends.

Ronja: For being generally awesome and always having Derik's back. Whenever Derik needs support in a task, you've always been a solid RP partner that he can rely on at pretty much any time for any thing.

Vala: For being awesome and tempest-y! You're another that's always been there for the RP both good and bad situations during this entire thing. Thank you for smiting things when things need smiting, and talking them out when they needed talking.

Adallan: Well, we ALL know what Adallan is good for.... PUNCHING THINGS of course. Dude, thanks for coming along on this ride and punching evil mages and annoying boss thugs in the face!

Rania: For keeping Derik alive in some really nasty fights as well as helping a huge amount with some research RP that was able to push plots forward dramatically.

Gaven: A steadfast, reliable, honorable man. Gaven has always been ready to help Derik and Lannia out with the DUMBEST things and speak reason to them. As well as get beat up by giant, invincible, magic-enhanced cult leaders while everyone else ran around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to figure out how to make him not giant, invincible, and magic enhanced.

Miz: Because sneaky, magic using, devious death mongers are ALWAYS good fun to have around when fighting things that need to be possibly snuck up on, magic-ed, and made dead. Whiiiiiich Derik and Lannia did a lot of the last few months.

Gunthar: Because sometimes you just need crap blown up, melted, reduced to ash, snarked at, or any combination of the above both concurrent or consecutive. Thanks for lending the smite when the smite needed to be lended. Leased... however that works.

Wren: Hello Neighbor! The perfect person to bring along when you need someone to slaughter the 6 people you're holding the line against but not actually hurting much.... or when you need arch-mages who are messing with the group trying to fight the boss taken down in an artistic and/or amusing fashion.

Reineke: *singing* Everybody ought to have a Mage! Every-body ought to have a Con-jur-er!* (really hoping you get that one...) In any rate, Rein, you totally threw in on this when we needed you, provided great insight and help, and were generally fantastic to have around to be like "well, no, that's probably not how that works..." when our theories got really dumb.

Oth: You came in super late on this, but you RPed the whole mess like a boss! Thanks for coming along and getting beat up by over-powered, obnoxious dragon disciples with us! I always enjoy your commentary and character portrayal in these sorts of things.

Aidan: Of course, have to give a shout out to my adopted Pa-in-Law, because really, without his RP in this storyline, a good portion of this wouldn't have even gotten started!

Luke: We had some great RP back and forth where Derik ended up bouncing ideas off you as well as you helping out with a bit of the research and support. Thanks man, for putting up with the scattered popping in of random storyline stuff that essentially had no baring on anything else you were involved in.

If there was anyone I missed that helped out significantly in the last few months... I'm really sorry. It's been a long, fantastic, wild road with a massive amount of participation and help from all corners! Thank you everyone!
Derik "Crimson Bulwark" Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!! (yes, I know he doesn't wear red)
Headmaster:Bladestone Foundation.
Owner:The Last Anchor

Braithreachas Leomhainn
"My purpose is to shed blood for those who can't, and to bleed for those who shouldn't."
ZStreeter
Recognized Donor

Unread post by ZStreeter »

SteadilyAdrift wrote: Apologies to anyone I may have missed but to be fair, this community is great as a whole. Good luck and stay beautiful, good folk of BGTSCC!

-SteadilyAdrift, aka, Illias/Venara/Remi
Sad to see you go.

Had a great time when you were around. Come back! :snooty:
Mercator

Unread post by Mercator »

I wanted to say a big, belated, thank-you to all the DMs involved in the Troll War event on Saturday! You guys made it look easy :)

A thanks as well to whatsittoya for last night's RP. Its nice when a character sticks to their guns.
Cosimo Delucca, Waterdeep Office Chamberlain of House Darius - "I need to think. Got any wine?"
casadechrisso

Unread post by casadechrisso »

Sometimes great RP hits you by surprise when completely unprepared, on a secondary and totally unprepared character that was just made to try some low level adventuring again... I didn't expect Aniel to get involved in anything like yesterday, had to make things up as I go and watch her pieces coming together (still switch from less to more slang and vice versa etc.), which is all thanks to Eamy (Wayfarer) and the situations she dragged me into last night. Countless others were involved, I don't remember many names but of course Gemma who I concluded the night with over a good hangover breakfast. Thanks to you guys and everyone else involved, even those that drove Aniel mad. :D
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

Thank you to the OSR and EDE playerforon the Troll patrol today. It was very enjoyable and I had a great time. I havent logged in game the past couple of weeks due to the final exams so that was very refreshing. Every player was patient, listening to others and reacting according to their roles, making the whole experience very enjoyable. A true DnD adventure.

At this point i would like to also thank DM Theophanies. All DMs are good RPers/Storytellers. However, Dm Theo is very skilled behind the client, providing a very enjoyable mechanical experience with balanced and challenging groups of spawns, that in turn respond to the player actions.
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
Winterborne

Unread post by Winterborne »

DM Mimic for providing the wonderfully creepy crime scene, enjoyably slimy NPC's that are easily and believably hateable, and for the surprise body horror nightmare that took everyone by surprise. It was effective enough that it led my character into accidentally killing someone for what ended up being no reason, and it's had a huge effect on how he's going to see things in the future.
Nathan Goldenmane - Guardian of Ilmater's Sanctuary, Mercy's Blade

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

I'd like to thank our hardworking and not-appreciated-enough-for-the-amount-of-stuff-that-he-does sysop, Aspect of Sorrow, for implementing the systems that allow players to add tails to their tieflings and to change the base hairstyles of their player characters.

This is not only a great boon to the player population -- affording everyone greater aesthetic control over their characters -- it will also literally save me hours of work over the course of a year. :D Doing it manually was probably one of my least favorite server chores!
Mercator

Unread post by Mercator »

Big thanks to AOS!

And thank-you to all the people I've interacted with recently. Really enjoying some of the new rivalries and friendships Cosimo is building up, as well as reconnecting with the old!
Cosimo Delucca, Waterdeep Office Chamberlain of House Darius - "I need to think. Got any wine?"
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

Thank you AoS!!! Not just for this that we all get to see and enjoy, but for everything else you do behind the scenes.

It was also fun to know that Maecius was BGTSCC's official hairdresser :D
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
professiondude
Recognized Donor

Unread post by professiondude »

shout out to Maecius, DM Leviosa (correct caps for me) for helping me out on my mishap on RCR'ing the past few days.

+1
Zae'lin the blood collector
Akroma666

Unread post by Akroma666 »

Can I just say how much I love this bear warrior class. Now that the FoF damage is fixed and that the thing builds off con and extended rage, it makes the class a whole lot of fun to play as. I have always loved the concept of a bear shapeshifter and played one in D&D P&P and I have to say, this is probably the most balanced and fun the class has been. Thanks to the whole team, especially Valefort for bringing this class and RP to life for me.
Storm - The Blade Flurry
Druegar Grizzleclaw - The Mountain Ruin Tsar
Akroma Thuul - The Creepy Enchanter
Liliana Duskblade - The B*tch of Bane
Jamie Dawnbringer - The Light in the Darkness
taintedseraphim

Unread post by taintedseraphim »

DM Ghost for the appearance of that lovely elven bardess Ylanis Loralyassa today!
Rania Marie Ragnon-Servant of Selune
Aspect of Sorrow

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow »

You.
Invoker

Unread post by Invoker »

Aspect of Sorrow wrote:You.
QFT.

For all the fun, players and DMs, Above and Below.
This twisted culture got you feeding from its hand
But you will lose that food if you don't meet all their demands
And loyal is the soldier that gets slaughtered with the lambs
Examining the blueprints got you questioning the plans

Return to “Community”