Eternity in the Fugue

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

ozmiz

Eternity in the Fugue

Unread post by ozmiz »

Hello fellow BGTSCC members! :hand:

I love to explore, and sometimes my love of that gets me into trouble and I die.
What do you do when you die and go to Fugue (if alone at the time)?

Even should I die in a highly trafficked area, I have never one time had anyone stumble upon my corpse and resurrect me.

I have waited all the way through a server reset before. After a reset, I understand there is no need to wait anymore because your corpse is gone.

I know this is a roleplay server, and that is why I am here, I love that aspect.
But is it ok to ask via /tell for a rescue?

Sometimes the Fugue feels like eternity.
And you guessed it, I'm writing this FROM the Fugue, after being bounced there last night from bad RNG from Crits (x5 in a row).

For the reply "you need to group": I do as often as possible. It is not always possible. The server population can be very low at times and I will not see another character (either in the area, or at my level).
CleverUsername123

Re: Eternity in the Fugue

Unread post by CleverUsername123 »

Telling for a rescue is metagaming, so no, that's very much not okay.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

You are not required to wait for a rescue, you can eat an XP penalty (100xcharacter level) to return to the land of the living. Is it meta-gamey? kinda, but certainly less so than sending a tell to avoid paying the penalty and have a friend come get you... Plus, at least until epics the XP penalty isn't that big a deal. If you're exploring you will eventually find spots with very good XP and very little risk if you're wanting to get a level or just earn back lost xp from character death.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

Most people RP death in PvE as a knockout or as a near-death-experience where the character somehow escapes.

Just dealing with the XP loss is often easier than waiting around.
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

What I would do is use a tell in a storytelling format, like "When exploring the ruins, you may stumble upon a dead/unconscious body of a human.."
This way the other party always has the chance to ignore it, but there's also the chance for a good RP afterwards.
I don't see any problem with creative solutions to get other people to play with you!
?
whatsittoya

Unread post by whatsittoya »

Circling birds is a great choice outdoors.
Gemma, Dawnbringer
Sigrid, Bear Warrior
Kamila, Circus Performer
Grimhilda, Sea Witch
Geir, Man-Hunter
Astrid, SorcerICE

Return to “General Discussion”