Expose Weakness Toggle Issues

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Quality Control, DM

chad878262
QC Coordinator

Re: Expose Weakness Toggle Issues

Unread post by chad878262 »

Hey Snarfy, in general it will deactivate which was one of the concerns. This is due to an exploit that occurred when it was left on. However, if you are wearing gloves you can still activate EW again without a weapon equipped (or that is how I understand it to work). Switching weapons in general does not play nice with the script and thus it's advisable to reactivate after switching weapons or going to gloves.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Bad Omens

Unread post by Bad Omens »

chad878262 wrote:Hey Snarfy, in general it will deactivate which was one of the concerns. This is due to an exploit that occurred when it was left on. However, if you are wearing gloves you can still activate EW again without a weapon equipped (or that is how I understand it to work). Switching weapons in general does not play nice with the script and thus it's advisable to reactivate after switching weapons or going to gloves.
Hey Chad, you guys are still continuing to work on a solution, right? The feat as it stands is problematic and I am sure there is a solution. I forget now why the feat can not be made passive? Is it because of ranged attacks also picking up this feat?
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Bad Omens wrote:
chad878262 wrote:Hey Snarfy, in general it will deactivate which was one of the concerns. This is due to an exploit that occurred when it was left on. However, if you are wearing gloves you can still activate EW again without a weapon equipped (or that is how I understand it to work). Switching weapons in general does not play nice with the script and thus it's advisable to reactivate after switching weapons or going to gloves.
Hey Chad, you guys are still continuing to work on a solution, right? The feat as it stands is problematic and I am sure there is a solution. I forget now why the feat can not be made passive? Is it because of ranged attacks also picking up this feat?
Just a thought but...is there a way to utilize the same basis as script for "Hideous Blow"? It's a toggle, works on hit, but works fine with switching weapons, while not working on ranged, if I remember right, though I am not sure how the effect itself is implemented, spell effects were easier to call from what I remember from my NWN1 scripting days.
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

DiceyCZ wrote:
Bad Omens wrote:
Just a thought but...is there a way to utilize the same basis as script for "Hideous Blow"? It's a toggle, works on hit, but works fine with switching weapons, while not working on ranged, if I remember right, though I am not sure how the effect itself is implemented, spell effects were easier to call from what I remember from my NWN1 scripting days.
I have forwarded on to Valefort to see if he can take a look at your suggested solution. I am not a developer, scripter or someone who knows enough about either to say if your suggestion will work or not. It could be that it is easier to apply an on-hit xd6 damage property than it is to apply on-hit, stacking AC Debuff and bleed damage. Or it might be exactly the same! No idea, but give Vale some time to consider it and see if it's something that helps come up with a better implementation.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

You're not supposed to be able to use expose weakness while shapechanged/polymorphed, that won't change.

As for the deactivation nothing more is in the works, there are already a bunch of very ugly things added in order for it to be reactivated automatically often, I don't know how you manage to deactivate it.

And no, hideous blow can't be used.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Bad Omens

Valefort wrote:You're not supposed to be able to use expose weakness while shapechanged/polymorphed, that won't change.

As for the deactivation nothing more is in the works, there are already a bunch of very ugly things added in order for it to be reactivated automatically often, I don't know how you manage to deactivate it.

And no, hideous blow can't be used.
So, it can not be made a passive feat Vale? I think I remember the argument against this, was that people might not want to use EW all the time because of RP, but to be honest with you Vale, if you run a survey, I am pretty sure that you will get at least a 2/3 - 3/4 majority voting to make the feat passive.

Would you be willing to create a poll for that?
Valefort
Retired Admin

It's one of the reasons it's a toggle and poll or not I'm not changing this because there are other features that work the same way that are involved.

It would not solve your problem anyway, even if it was automatically on at first you would still have the same deactivation issues that you somehow face. Gather details on when it's deactivating so that i can reproduce it is again the only answer I can write, I hope you realize i'm totally unable to deactivate it unless i'm toggling it off.
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Valefort wrote:You're not supposed to be able to use expose weakness while shapechanged/polymorphed, that won't change.
Alright, that is good to know information. Unless I have missed it somewhere I never saw anyone say that this and the other custom combat modes (togglables) are intentionally not usable by polymorphs and not just something to tune. Thanks.
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Right, thanks...I gotta work on my research :?
Bad Omens

Valefort wrote:It's one of the reasons it's a toggle and poll or not I'm not changing this because there are other features that work the same way that are involved.

It would not solve your problem anyway, even if it was automatically on at first you would still have the same deactivation issues that you somehow face. Gather details on when it's deactivating so that i can reproduce it is again the only answer I can write, I hope you realize i'm totally unable to deactivate it unless i'm toggling it off.
Valefort
Retired Admin

Yes ?
Bad Omens

Valefort wrote:Yes ?
Lol, sorry, interruption in service.

It has to do with switching weapons Vale, especially melee to ranged. So, you know that melee/ranged mixed high dex, low damage builds are especially effected.

Return to “Solved Problems”