Custom Appearances

Suggestions for Aesthetics, Graphical Changes, and Other Media Team Items

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Quality Control, DM

roke42

Re: Custom Appearances

Unread post by roke42 »

the haks contain all the models. If the haks are not assigned to the module, they are not available. There is a explanation how you do it somewhere in the forums. If I find it, I will post it here.

EDIT: check page 3 of this thread.
Laya - Cookiemaster of Doron
Valaklith - Shadow of the past
Miyuki

Unread post by Miyuki »

I can't still see no haks to download on page 3...or i am blind.^^

I know that the models are in the haks , but that is not my problem. I will try to explain it again:
I need a download link that works.

So i would be grateful if someone could post either a complete version or the haks here. :)
Self-confessed tkl tool denier!

Freya Evans, Lucky Maiden and Bardess on the path of Tymora [Bio] [Journal] - "Luck isn’t only random. The best Luck is what we make for ourselves."
Blackhorizon
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Blackhorizon »

The haks are located (if using Windows) in your Documents folder > Neverwinter Nights 2 > hak. You have them on your computer because you cannot play on the server otherwise.

These need to be added to the module you are trying to make your cloth/armor appearance with.

Tlk file is also important if it's not already in. This is in the TLK folder.
Fierlith Silverglade | Light of Sehanine Moonbow
Tara Leafheart | Hayley Aers

~~UTC+2 (+3 DST)~~
Convolutedline
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Convolutedline »

How to add those files to module - I tried the links at beginning of post an could not find them

[is confusing] The links at start of thread are not current :(

it is bg.itempak.hak > ????

Where? x.x

I placed in the hak folder of nwn2 where Westgate content is? Is that right? x.x

Also is there --- another sling type? Or can an orb of ice be made into an item to hold?

I tried but?
Convolutedline
Recognized Donor

also would be possible to make a sling like.. A shiny ball of light that spits its elemental damage??

An bullets are still ammo?

Is it?
Is this?

Can this be? x.x I will make them if I get pointed right direction x.x

I figured everything out except where to find the hak files for bgtscc but, if I don't need those x.x

I shall make "elemental orb/ slings" :D
roke42

Unread post by roke42 »

the hak files are in your my documents/NWN2/hak folder, if you are using Win7 or newer.
Laya - Cookiemaster of Doron
Valaklith - Shadow of the past
Convolutedline
Recognized Donor

Forget everything

just tell me how to make frost effect on hand and sling invisible x.x @-@ tell me x.x :D

an thank you
I think my confusion is not knowing what folder to put them into as placing them in the nwn2 local c disk directory did not alter the module appearances but, I just added more hak files this time so maybe that will fix it x.x I dunno

I see I must set the base item to sling so, how would be possible to then alter its appearance aside from adding frost glow to it? x.x

Would frost glow be enough perhaps? I've never seen a sling with a frost trail before x.x

I will try it an see how it looks :D
Camera9

Unread post by Camera9 »

Hi guys ^_^
I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct thread but I was wondering if it was possible to introduce an appearence for a cloak with the elven symbol of Corellon Larethian. This one:

Is this even something doable?

Thanks in advance

Helevorn Thoronil - The Masked Guardian

Leo Scyntz - The Gardener

Levki Aravari - The Reckless Tiefling
athornforyourheart
Lead Media

Unread post by athornforyourheart »

Camera9 wrote:Hi guys ^_^
I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct thread but I was wondering if it was possible to introduce an appearence for a cloak with the elven symbol of Corellon Larethian. This one:

Is this even something doable?

Thanks in advance
Correct forum but wrong thread but that's not your fault because we haven't dished out a template for requests just yet. Easy cloak to make. Look for it in a future update sooner than later.
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

I moved this entire thread here after the creation of the media subforum but our current appearance changer makes this thread mostly superfluous. Ill probably take it off sticky and let it disappear quietly.
Camera9

Unread post by Camera9 »

athornforyourheart wrote:Easy cloak to make. Look for it in a future update sooner than later.
Oh, nice! Thanks a lot ^_^

Helevorn Thoronil - The Masked Guardian

Leo Scyntz - The Gardener

Levki Aravari - The Reckless Tiefling
Ghost
Global Admin

Unread post by Ghost »

I am bumping this thread in light of the appearance changer kit not working appropriately at the moment. I'm willing to help people import appearances, provided they send me finished ERFs ready for importing (should be easy if you just follow the steps in the first post of this thread).

I also will keep track of who I am importing for and I'm not going to keep importing new appearances every few days for the same people. If you want several appearances, send them to me the first time. Remember to have the same item available to trade me with, as I am not going to give out any items for free.

Also, do not bother other DMs about this, unless they state here after this post that they are happy to import as well.
Ghost
Global Admin

Unread post by Ghost »

Note: When you make items to send to me, remember to clear out the "Classification" attribute in the toolset, or create your own classification that is easy for me to find.

Also add your player name inside {} in front of the item name.
Azrael

Unread post by Azrael »

What if the armor has skill bonuses that aren't in the original game, like the new Lore skills?
Ghost
Global Admin

Unread post by Ghost »

If you add all the haks the server uses (look in your hak folder and there should be a bunch starting with "bg_") to the module you're using to create your items, you get all the appearances we have available as well as all the skills. I think.

Otherwise I can add skills to items in-game.

Return to “Media”