Scorpius

Phantom Ki Skills _ Ethereal

Unread post by Scorpius »

Hi

This is not really a bug... yet it bugs me a bit haha

Skill : Ki ghost Step
Lv 9 and under : Invisibility
Activation : instant
VFX or SFX : none (WICH IS NICE and fits the phantom ; ninja class)

here is what troubles me...

when you get to lv 10 it changes to Ethereal (wich is nice)
BUT a big BUT
it also adds a VFX of the Icon above your head and a VOOOM sound to it SFX... wich totally kills the STEALTH benefits of using it....

it is like telling everyone around "hey ! use a skill I`m here"

... like I said at lv 9 and before you get instant invisibility without throwing away your position... you just zap into shadow... but as soon as you get lv 10 you make the trempling sound of war and magic... you know what I mean ? lol

anyway... I`m just asking to remove the VFX and SFX of ghost step lv 10 and more to be like it was from lv 9 and less...

wich fits better the phantom role by the way... else you get like a penality when you gain lv 10... (ho I`m better at being stealth.. for 3 rounds harder to spot but.... I tell the world I`m doing it... faill....)
Daishi Tora
Kensei, Master of the Hiten Mitsurugi Tora sword technic. (Phoenix Company), seeking "The Way"(Follower of the old order), Bladestone Foundation
Kaoi Kaze - Crimson Blade - Blackrose - Last Order
Isha Yahto - Shaman
Endelyon

Re: Phantom Ki Skills _ Ethereal

Unread post by Endelyon »

It's just part of the ethereal visual effect, basically the effect that turns you blue.

It could have an invisibility effect applied instead to avoid the SFX and the VFX, but then you'd just be vaguely translucent instead of blue as if you had only gone invisible.

Perhaps I can add some kind of toggle so that you can choose between invisibility and ethereal when you Ghost Step if you're over level 9.
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Would actually be nice if this also applied to the Ethereal Jaunt spell in general. It should be bestowing the same manner of complete invis that Invisibility does, as well as having no discernable 'buff active' VFX/AFX. Leave the ghost-skin 'soundless' VFX tho, so anyone who actually has See Invis/True Seeing can properly RP your etherealness.

Also, if Greater Sanctuary could have its VFX changed to something that's not the ghost-skin VFX of Ethereal Jaunt, that would be a welcome change too.
Endelyon

Tsidkenu wrote:Would actually be nice if this also applied to the Ethereal Jaunt spell in general. It should be bestowing the same manner of complete invis that Invisibility does, as well as having no discernable 'buff active' VFX/AFX. Leave the ghost-skin 'soundless' VFX tho, so anyone who actually has See Invis/True Seeing can properly RP your etherealness.

Also, if Greater Sanctuary could have its VFX changed to something that's not the ghost-skin VFX of Ethereal Jaunt, that would be a welcome change too.
My feeling is that the Ethereal buff comes with the Ethereal VFX/SFX. That's a part of our server balance that has always been. What I'm suggesting is allowing Phantoms to choose to go invisible instead of going ethereal if they want to make less noise.
Scorpius

to be able to choose would be nice in fact :)

if you get on certain circumstances one could prove better then the other...

I like that indeed

Thank you :)
Daishi Tora
Kensei, Master of the Hiten Mitsurugi Tora sword technic. (Phoenix Company), seeking "The Way"(Follower of the old order), Bladestone Foundation
Isha Yahto - Shaman
Scorpius

only thing.... if you do so... please dont make it selectable upon activation... that would ruin gameplay

if you make a separate feats or any other separate way of selecting it at will and keep the Ghost step skill the same it is then it would be good
Daishi Tora
Isha Yahto - Shaman
Endelyon

Scorpius wrote:only thing.... if you do so... please dont make it selectable upon activation... that would ruin gameplay

if you make a separate feats or any other separate way of selecting it at will and keep the Ghost step skill the same it is then it would be good
Yeah I understand, I was thinking something along the lines of a separate feat/button for the "just invisibility" version.

Return to “Solved Problems”