Polumorph/Shapechange - gear bonuses

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Re: Polumorph/Shapechange - gear bonuses

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

mrm3ntalist wrote:
Who said that feats from items dont transfer while polymorphed? Everything i tried - PA attack from an armor, Spell focus feats from belt are transferring to the forms, unless the forms have a similar item equiped. For example if a form has bracers already equipped, obviously any bonuses from bracers wont transfer since they are never equipped.

This link is accurate - https://wiki.bgtscc.net/index.php?title=Polymorphing.

Anything that is not working according to the info in that link, then it should be looked at, however it wont always mean that there is an issue since it might be by design. I think the table in that link needs to be updated with more details such as any others types of AC that the forms have.
I would understand that, but it seems strange to me that every other form except Planetar and arboreal elf takes feats from bracers, boots, ring and skills from armor and regen from cloak. It seems to be too...uniformal to be caused bys forms' gear, unless all forms have no gear and those two have all the gear and that is from Polymorph and Shapechange. Which is why reported it as bug, but the contradicting info I got in the bug thread from team members incited this thread.

As for the forms table, that would be great if it could be updated, there are couple things like Clay golem not being Clay golem anymore and not having haste as Iron golem, but Hydra has haste which isn't noted, Slaad I believe doesn't have stun on hit or I never saw the roll it does have the eggs/disease roll, dragons definitely do not have Keen on their monster weapon and search as I may, I couldn't find NWN2 appropriate list of undead traits, fey traits, slaad traits or any other, so I have no idea what those mean. Dragons on the other hand seem to have knockdown and crit resist which are not listed only sneak. And Marut seems to have blind on one of his weapons but that is also not listed. And Mindflyer's death DC seems to be 20, not 14 according to the rolls I see. And Palrathee doesn't have greatsword, it has longsword. Bibelith has power attack and cleave which are not mentioned.
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
dedude
Retired Staff

Unread post by dedude »

All shapes use the same script and follow the same item property transfer rules. All the item properties on wearable gear are transfered to the creature skin of the shape. Weapon properties transfer to the weapon of the shape (if any), but only for same types of weapons, i.e., ranged->ranged and melee->melee.

If you find discrepancies between shapes in what properties transfer, it may be due to a timing issue on the delayed function call. Some shape appearances may simply take longer to initialize on the server than others.
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

dedude wrote:All shapes use the same script and follow the same item property transfer rules. All the item properties on wearable gear are transfered to the creature skin of the shape. Weapon properties transfer to the weapon of the shape (if any), but only for same types of weapons, i.e., ranged->ranged and melee->melee.

If you find discrepancies between shapes in what properties transfer, it may be due to a timing issue on the delayed function call. Some shape appearances may simply take longer to initialize on the server than others.
I have waited around 5 minutes with no spell buffs, only gear and Planetar and Arboreal elf still didn't get any feats, skills, regen or attributes from items, only AC, even after changing locations. I have really tested it multiple times before posting it in the bug thread.
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
dedude
Retired Staff

Unread post by dedude »

Sorry Dicey, didn’t mean that you were doing it wrong. Rather the script might have a timing issue.
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

dedude wrote:Sorry Dicey, didn’t mean that you were doing it wrong. Rather the script might have a timing issue.
Really no need to apologize, I just want to point out that I don't think it's timing issue, the situation is the same after half an hour fighting...so just saying that maybe the issue is there somewhere else with those forms.
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

I polymorphed from being an Orc.. and was still light blind.

Vice Versa, never been light blind when polymorphed into an orc before :D
matelener
Custom Content

Unread post by matelener »

DiceyCZ wrote:
dedude wrote:Sorry Dicey, didn’t mean that you were doing it wrong. Rather the script might have a timing issue.
Really no need to apologize, I just want to point out that I don't think it's timing issue, the situation is the same after half an hour fighting...so just saying that maybe the issue is there somewhere else with those forms.
There were typos in the 2da. Should be fixed in the next update.
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Hawke wrote:I polymorphed from being an Orc.. and was still light blind.

that is the penalty for looking through the eyes of the gods. even for a moment :)
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

matelener wrote:
DiceyCZ wrote:
There were typos in the 2da. Should be fixed in the next update.
Thank you very much :)
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

aaron22 wrote:
Hawke wrote:I polymorphed from being an Orc.. and was still light blind.

that is the penalty for looking through the eyes of the gods. even for a moment :)

And the penalty for the gods turning into inferior lifeforms?

LoL

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”