Polymorph/shapechange bugs

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Slunko

Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Unread post by Slunko »

Ah well. At least there's finallity to it, so I can start planning around a RCR finally.

Thanks.

Also, I think it would be nice to post that as a disclaimer on the relevant wikia pages or some such.
Galean, Rock and Gale Enterprises
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin
Remus the Marauding Malarite
ZestyDragon
Retired Staff

Unread post by ZestyDragon »

Valefort wrote:I don't think there is a fix for spontaneous spellcasters with races with bonuses to casting stat, the skin already adds everything to give you the proper INT/CHA/WIS.
If x race add x stat at +6 for a second until the stats on the skin take effect.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Okay, I want to get the final FINAL word on this:

1) any Spontaneous Casters (ex. Sorcerer) that have a Racial modifier (ex. Aasimar +2 CHA) will lose ANY bonus spells from the innate ability modifier (+2 CHA) when using Polymorph/Shapechange...and this cannot be fixed.

2) any Spontaneous Casters (ex. Sorcerer) that has Items with Bonus Spells (any Level) will lose those Bonus Spell castings EACH TIME shifting using Polymorph/Shapechange...and this cannot be fixed.

In both issues above, each time a PC shifts with either or both (!) and returns to normal form, there will be a subtraction of Castings per Day until reaching Zero (in the appropriate Spell Level).

I would like to get as much as a final word on this as possible in order to update the Wiki on the Polymorphing page—give a Warning—and on the Spell(s) pages.

Cheers.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

*bump on my previous post, thanks*

darwin.evenwood

Unread post by darwin.evenwood »

Hello everyone,

are there any news on this? i have just rcr'd a sorcerer/dragon disciple to get a cool shifter copying a Sun Wukong's build (thanks), but always losing spell slots when shifting.

Is there any way to have it fixed or should i rcr again now that is 100% granted?

thanks!
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

The latest word on this issue is there are likely a way or ways to fix the issue, but it requires Valefort or another scripting wizard to make a go of it. Which is still no guarantee, either way.

Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Any new ideas how to fix this mess ?

Seems it got worse, my shapeshiting sorcerers does lose two times their spell-slots-from-items on each returning to original form :doh:

(my sorcerer has 9 bonusspells from items = 18 spells !!! )

tankteddy

Unread post by tankteddy »

Theodore01 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:08 pm Any new ideas how to fix this mess ?

Seems it got worse, my shapeshiting sorcerers does lose two times their spell-slots-from-items on each returning to original form :doh:

(my sorcerer has 9 bonusspells from items = 18 spells !!! )

Just to be clear, you are saying that After you polymorph you are Losing all bonus spells from Items? or is it that it is stacking and adding more spells then you had?
Theodar Battleforge: "Oi! What dis do?" *BOOM*
Thar Kogan "A har Thar!"
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

I'm losing twice my bonus slot spells. (probably once on shifting and once again on shifting back)
First picture is before, second after a shift.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

This isn’t new, mate. It is has been a problem that can be fixed but with a boat load of scripting (and obviously NOT FUN scripting because Valefort passed on trying).

The only viable solution is to not use bonus spell slot items with a Polymorphing Sorcerer.

At least until someone with chops more skilled than Val AND more willing than Val, wants to fix it. Or at least try....

the_flame_of_anor

Unread post by the_flame_of_anor »

Apologies for necro'ing this thread, I just came back to server after a hiatus and want to confirm that:

1. Spells per day loss for Sorcs using bonus spell items -> NOT FIXED

2. Spells per day loss for Sorcs with racial Cha bonus (eg. aasimar) -> NOT FIXED?

3. Spells per day loss for Sorcs with class Cha bonus (eg. dragon disciple) -> SEEMS FIXED

I was playing a shape-shifting half-elf dragon disciple sorc with no bonus spell slot items, and there don't seem to be any spells per day loss.

Has the issue been fixed for racial Cha bonus like aasimars though?
The love of loot is the root of all evil.

Arlan ~ Wandering Abbot of the Common Folk.
Zirvoden ~ Deep Reserves of Power.
Ryu'jin ~ Former Imperial High Mage of Kozakura.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

1. Spells per day loss for Sorcs using bonus spell items -> NOT FIXED
2. Spells per day loss for Sorcs with racial Cha bonus (eg. aasimar) -> NOT FIXED?
3. Spells per day loss for Sorcs with class Cha bonus (eg. dragon disciple) -> SEEMS FIXED

1. Sorrry, can't test as QC, we don't have such items in QC store.
2. Fixed.
3. Fixed.

If anyone spots those poly issues, i'm sure they'll report them again so we know it need to be looked at again. :)
the_flame_of_anor

Unread post by the_flame_of_anor »

EasternCheesE wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:01 pm 1. Spells per day loss for Sorcs using bonus spell items -> NOT FIXED

1. Sorrry, can't test as QC, we don't have such items in QC store.
2. Fixed.
3. Fixed.

If anyone spots those poly issues, i'm sure they'll report them again so we know it need to be looked at again. :)
Unfortunately, (2) is not fixed. Aasimars still lose spells due to their Cha bonus every time they shapeshift.

For what it's worth, this is an aasimar dragon disciple. I had a half-elf dragon disciple previously and that build had no spell slot loss issues when shapeshifting.
The love of loot is the root of all evil.

Arlan ~ Wandering Abbot of the Common Folk.
Zirvoden ~ Deep Reserves of Power.
Ryu'jin ~ Former Imperial High Mage of Kozakura.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Thanks for correction. I did test aasimar sorc and human dragon disciple, didn't test aasimar sorc dragon disciple. I will check and drag it to qc forums if that confirms.

Though, i did test aasimar sorc and no spellslot loss was happening (without buffs and spellslot items). Will check it more too
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Tested, confirmed. Dunno how come it didn't show up in my previous test. Lvl 8 Aasimar sorc (lvl 4 spells, 22 cha) lose their 22 cha spellslot when dismissing shape.
Frankly, i spent more time making this small calculator for Sorc so i don't have to switch between tabs for spell progression and ability bonus than testing, but it will allow me to test these things better later.
I will drag it to QC for rechecking all other poly issues as well to know what's the current state of it, then we will ask devs to address that if it's possible.

Return to “Solved Problems”