The Uprising: Notes of Gerfrex, the Shadow Orc

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

The Uprising: Notes of Gerfrex, the Shadow Orc

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

NECESSARY (as it turned out) NOTE:
This thread contains the information written in the journal of my character Gerfrex, only he and noone ever else has access to it in-game. The text you'll find below is not a common knowledge nor rumors everyone heard about, it's just some insight on Gerfrex' hideous deeds I share with you, fellow players (not with characters you play). Yes, it is nearly impossible to prove the act of metagaming, so I simply ask you not to do it and be respectful.

[This text is written at the very first page of this tattered book]

The ritual was performed. For my years of humble and righteous servitude, the Night Lord has granted me the paramount powers of shadowblending. Since this very day, I am the master of shadows, the chosen of Shargaas.

The six favor our purpose this year. The weapon supply from Candlekeep has played a crucial role, this was a sign, and our rise has begun. Soon we shall take what is ours by right...

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Re: The Uprising: Notes of Gerfrex, the Master of Shadows

19-6-54

№003606951
Hidden: show
°
A human wench at Uruk Lurra. Who brought her here? She was suppressed, mumbled something about her master Dar'gul. I was starting to lose patience, but then he showed up. A mystic from the Eye of the Ruin, a newcomer with inflated ambitions, who has brought a human slave to the secret village for his mere entertainment. Word for word, and that overconfident fool tries to attack me. Not today, boy. Need to keep an eye on him...

№003605821
°
I have brought the word back to Nargazul. The chief was interested in his offer, and so I arranged their meeting. The drow has pledged his loyalty, and the chief accepted. The Spider Militant clan was formed, something that never happened in orkish history, but something that was very wise to do. The chief shows big promise, his wisdom is above any other orkish leader's I have ever met.

№003605600
°
The chief has given us the task, and it was an honor to follow him. The Troll Claws were crowded this cycle, many surfacers fled in awe before our wrath. Since we found the first smuggler cove, we were able to reach the destination with as little attention as was possible. Finally, the evil shrine was standing infront of us, and the bloody sacrifice was already made by someone else. I have beheld it, the beast has awaken, the chief and the shaman were bargaining with it, while I was standing on watch.

°°
As I expected, an uninvited guest has come. An elven girl was coming back from her treasure hunt, and the only way out led through the altar area. Wrong place and wrong time. We have taken her as a hostage, and she had nothing to do but to obey. Perhaps it would have been best to get rid of her, but I am in a good mood this cycle. While Nargazul was keeping an eye on her, I asked the chief for his orders. He told me to leave a scent of blood. I have taken the knife out, but the girl sure had a spirit. She was going to die fighting, but this is not what we wanted. She will remember this day, she will tell everyone about the new threat. I have given her some water and she dran it with greed. Sleep well, child. When you wake up, you won't find us. You would have several days to bring our word, and then the poison shall end your journey...

№003607820
°
Nargazul has spotted a dragon. I thought that this an effect of the drug wine he tends to use, but indeed, he was right. There were two of them, two relatively small dragons. What are they doing in this desolated waste? The dragon was able to speak, and it was displeased. The fight has begun, Nargazul and Tor'rak have fallen in few second, struck down by the incredible power of nature. The dragon was making the sky itself strike us with its primordial wrath. The chief was heavily injured and couldn't move, and I was the only one remaining. Me versus a spellcasting dragon. I was doing the thing I am best at - tricking.

°°
The dragon was desperately chasing me until it was too late for it. With two confident deadly strikes, the chief has stricken the beast down. Shapeshifter. A young human boy taking the form of the dragon, I have only seen it once before. The boy was still mouthing us off, even being unable to move or retreat. But the chief has run out of his patience. A fiery axe was swung, and a deafening scream of pain has wrecked the air, a scream of a young man who probably could have had a bright future, but now dying in pain, bleeding without his legs. The gods were pleased this cycle.

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

20-6-54

№004609440
°
The word about Nargazul's recent success has made much noise at Sshamath. Many drow were listening to his proud tales about the upcoming events at the surface, many were eager to join his newly formed clan, the Spider Militant. The things go much better than I expected.

№004605830
°
An adventure group has started forming outside Gloura's, and when it became too big, it has separated. Part of it was going to train combat skills at the wilds, while another part was heading to Spider's Kiss for another kind of adventures. Meanwhle, a suspicious hooded figure approached and called Nargazul. I was keeping my ears at the conversation. The masked man promised to pay Nargazul for guiding him to the lair of Kro. An obvious trap.

°°
Nargazul has accepted the offer, and asked mine and Lyth'raina's assistance. I have instructed them. I am going to prepare an ambush at Kro's lair in case something goes wrong, Lyth'raina must strip all the wards from that masked figure, while me and Nargazul deal with him. The masked man would only see Nargazul and Lyth'raina, while my intervention would become a fatal surprise.

°°°
I am at Kro's lair. Everything goes as planned so far, but it takes too long. The group must already be here, and there is certainly something going on. Must check.

№004608001
°
I never mistake, and what I hate most is seeing exceptions of this rule. The fight has started much earlier than I expected, and when I returned it was too late. Lyth'raina was unconcious, while bronze dragon was dragging Nargazul's body away from the caverns. It was him. I knew it was a trap, but didn't expect that a slaughtered boy who has lost his leggs shall return one day later with fully restored health and powers. It is against all the laws of nature, magic and even logic.

°°
Challenging the shapeshifter gave no results. It was a stalemate. The dragon couldn't harm the master of shadows, but at the same time, my little needles were bouncing off the armored scales. Tired of this game, the dragon has started marching towards the surface with its incredible mass. I had nothing to do but to follow.

°°°
I tracked the beast all the way to the surface, and only when it reached the areas patrolled by Baldur's Gate soldiers I had to retreat. It seems that Nargazul is going to be handed to the guards. Blast it. Nothing I can do right now. Wish the chief was here. I am going to report about it to the clan. The chief shall find the way out. Nargazul be a very important link in our plans, too important to lose like this.

№004600111
°
I haven't been exhausted like this for a very long time. I was coming back to Sshamath from this devastating trip. Me and Lyth'raina had a talk, she says that it would be better to let him go and accept his death. She doesn't get it. This is not about sentimental feelings, it is about our plan.

°°
It seems I have missed an important part of this story. While I was sitting in an ambush at Kro's lair, a powerful drow mistress was fighting the dragon, and it seems she was defeated. I have met her, and although she haven't seen me before, she knew that I was a part of this story. I told her everything about the whole story, about the details and about my failiure. Meanwhile, Lyth'raina approached. Behaviour of some male drow made her think that she has the same privileges as full-blooded jalils, and this mistake has nearly become her last. This drow mistress turned out to be an influent figure, and at the end of this tense confrontation, Lyth'raina had to kneel before her and ask forgiveness.

°°°
Lyth'rana was angry as never before. I didn't enjoy this expected outcome though. I only hope she finally understands the simple thing I keep telling her. She is a mud-blood. She would never be treated as a citizen of Sshamath. Meanwhile, Jaxon approached. He tried to hide it behind his usual smiling mask, but he was very concern about the fate of his friend. I assured him that the clan is going to bring Nargazul back. Or whatever remained of him.

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

21-6-54

№005609700
°
Jalil Aunrae is new to the city of Sshamath, and yet she shows promise. Ambitious, but tolerant to the outsiders. Smart and quick learning, but emotional, naive and having weird obsessions. Perfect. It was an honor for me and Lyth'raina to show her the Stonestave and help her apply the documents for the citizenship status. Having such citizen at our side is the most fortunate turn of events.

№005604950
°
Swallowed up by the following turn of events, I found myself in a very awkward situation. While Lyth'raina and Aunrae were swimming in Spider Kiss pool, I had to join them. Jabress word and all. Aunrae seems like a nymphomaniac with frightening variety of tastes, but yet it was easy to keep the necessary distance and the things under control.

°°
Later on, the most unsuspected guest broke into the bathroom. Nargazul was here, badly injured and sunburned, but alive. I have heard many stories that only the wisest of druids can perform the dragon shapechanging, which makes me wonder how did that human idiot obtain such powers. Dropped Nargazul from the sky instead of handing to the Flaming Fists, and it was a critical mistake. Lyth'raina left soon, and Nargazul remained. He obviously mocked me because of the situation I was in, but Aunrae, not without my humble help, made that proud warrior share my fate. It was amusing to watch their interraction, how she was "claiming" him, and he resisted with grace, not missing the chance to tease this strange jalil. Can't say I didn't enjoy watching this.

°°°
In the end of this strange evening, the conversations became less nonchalant. We were discussing the Spider Militant and the future plans. It turned out that Aunrae is already a part of this organisation, and this means I could tell her the truth. I told her about the real purpose of this crew, about the surface environment deadly for drow, about the risks. She kept nodding, certainly not understanding how serious this is. Worse for her.

№005603401
°
Aunrae left us, and we were discussing the things with Nargazul for some more time. Sshamath has many strange visitors, but can't say I expected to see a mouthy surface gnome with green hair who broke into the bathroom looking for a place to "relieve himself". I treated him with suspicion, it could have ended with a fight. Instead, I sold him sleeping oil for 300 coins and he walked away to his room. He claimed he is a "Lord Magus", and this can indeed be true. Might also be another drunk weirdo.

№005607941
°
In these dark, but promising times, the gods rely on their humble servants, they reward those who bring their will into the world. To aid the Zar Ut Khan uprising, Shargaas has rewarded me with new gift only few in the world possess. I can hardly distinguish colors now, but my blessed eyes can see everything hidden, every possible detail and every stalking foe. I shall bear this gift with honor, noone shall escape from the allseeing eyes of the six!

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

23-6-54

№006608750
°
At the Upperdark, I have encountered an interesting scene. The chief himself, accompanied by Tor'rak the shaman, was talking with the Spider Militant squad, he was pleased with their work and rewarded them with troll heads. I was surprised to see Lyth'raina here, in the ranks of Nargazul's crew.

°°
Later on, it was the first time the spider Militant members met Grishnak, the warchief of Champions of Fury clan, an ambitious and straighforward leader. This cycle I was going to train Spider Militant warriors' sun adaptation, but seems like Grishnak had more decisive plans. We joined him.

°°°
Most of them have seen the surface for the first time ever. It was a tough trial for them, but the one must be complete. The moon was high, but even despite this advantage the conditions were very heavy for the smokeskins. Temperature, pressure, lack of ceiling over their heads, everchanging weather. The battle with the dogheads was difficult for them, but we made it with no casualties, which is a very good start.

№006607001
°
When the sunrise was nigh, we've take a cover inside some cave. Grishnak told me that there is nothing inside but empty walls and bugs, but I felt it. The cave was too vast, too many crooked passages and hidden walls. I suggested us to explore it, and I was right. There was a hidden wizard laboratory inside. I wonder who is the owner of this... or was.

°°
During this journey, we were joined by Galawyn - a strange drow obssessed with his good looks. Later on, it turned out that Galawyn is a Bregan D'aerthe member. Grishnak and Galawyn have agreed to arrange an official meeting between the clans. The best scenario.

№007603911
°
The chief has arranged a meeting. Except me and himself, there were Tor'rak, Dar'gul and Aunrae as a Spider Militant representative. I warned Aunrae about Dar'gul. We both need to keep an eye out on this overconfident mystic.

°°
The meeting didn't go very well. Our mutual distrust with Dar'gul didn't allow us to concentrate on the matters. The chief told us to stop this, and we have nothing to do but to obey... for now. Aunrae was asking much questions, too much. Meanwhile, a guard has approached and informed us about a strange activity outside the gates. He brough a corpse of some wierd creature, looking like a naked albino gnome with wings and horns. Dar'gul said that this is quasit, some specie of demons. We marched outside.

°°°
Those so-called quasits were swarming outside in masses, who the hells brought them to the gates of the hidden village? Those creatures were like annoying flies, we were slaying them in dozens, but there was a special one, it was mocking us and luring somewhere. The longer we followed, the more foes we encountered. It was pretty obvious that this is a trap we are heading into, but we had no choice. We must find out who was behind that attack.

№007603052
°
It was a long chase, but the final destination was reached. The creature sneaked into a strange grotto. Once we crossed the entrance, it was immediately sealed with a vile sorcery. Trapped, as expected. The place reminded of a tomb, there was a door ahead, and the chief opened it, commanding us to march forth.

°°
Yes, we expected a trap, but nothing like this! The floow was swarming with dozens of deadly spike mechanisms, once I tried to disarm one of them, a huge mob of creatures looking like those I call "demons with tits" surrounded us! They were blasting us with abyssal rays, it was a tough battle, and yet it was but a warming up. I remember that hot tiefling on heels who was promising to burn me alive, but I found it amusing and promised to purchase her someday. This is what I call "be careful with your wishes".

°°°
The further we went, the tougher it was to surive. Our positioning was bad, barricades and traps arround us were countless, soon giant bulky demons looking like ogres broke in, while the breasted demons were blasting us from all the sides! This trap was above any compliments, as it was expected, the first ones to fall were Aunrae and Tor'rak. I had to maneur and use my abilities to flank the creatures and distract the attention, while the chief was destroying the obstacles and slaying them. Dar'gul was mercilessly blasting the bastards with a very strange magic that looked not like spells, but like a pure dark energy, washing the enemies away like an avalanche.

°°°°
The demons were countless. The chief was heavily injured and couldn't continue the fight without an urgent medical help. Only two of us remained. Me and Dar'gul. Despite our rivalry, we both understood that our only chance is to cooperate, at least now. Dar'gul was distracting demons with swarms of summoned undead and blasting them with a dark energy, while I recovered the fallen comrades and brought them to the safe place through the shadow rift.

°°°°°
We didn't have much time to recover, we had to act quickly. We made up a simple but effective plan of our actions and left the safe chamber before it became outswarmed by quasits. Now or never, the final rush! Led by gloirous chief, striking as one, have trampled every single demonic bitch on our path, opening the way to the final chamber of this cursed dungeon.

°°°°°°
Demonic runes in the center, a dozen of the most cruel demons around the room, one of them looked like the most powerful being we met this cycle. Dar'gul suggested us to negotiate with it, and I had to admit that this plan makes sense. They spoke in some weird language, and after half an hour of exhausting negotiations with a mocking demon, Dar'gul has finally declared that the price this creature demands is too high. We looked at the chief waiting for his response to this. His command was to wipe the demons from the face of this world. This battle was the most difficult, the bitch boss was using some truly vicious magic and was nearly invulnerable to our strikes, but in the end we were victorious. That annoying quasit who lured us here was slain with the greatest pleasure, and Aunrae has taken its wings as a trophy.

°°°°°°°
With the boss' death, all the demons have vanished with no trace. After a long search, we have found nothing related to the reasons behind the attack. I was able to locate a hidden lever, and by pushing it I have opened a way out we immediately used. I wonder where does it lead...

№007608212
°
What I expected least is to be surrounded by a huge hummie patrol. I examined the situation quickly. About thirty of them, hummies and elfies, well armored and probably well organised, protected by barricades, supported by archers and mages, they encircled us, caught in a deadly trap. Our positioning was as bad as it could ever be. What is going on here?

°°
The chief stepped forth and demanded their leader to do the same. The negotiations have begun. It seems that those people were called "Hellraiders" or something like it, they came here because of the demonical threat, and it seems like they suspect us in consorting with them. The chief was speaking openly and calmly, he explained those foolish hummies that we are the ones who did all the work for them, and those idiots finally agreed.

°°°
Before pronouncing the final words, the chief heard two whispers to two different ears. From the right, Dar'gul was telling him about the orkish ways, that we must crush those humans who are foolish enough to stay in our way. From the left, he heard my own whisper, I was thinking from a tactical point of view, and considering the awful power balance and bad positioning, it was best for us to demand a peaceful way out. The chief has proven himself to be the wisest of us once again, and we were able to leave blasted crypt. It was time to return home.

№007602242
°
It was a failiure. Everyone has survived, but we still don't know who was behind that attack. The demons at the very gates of the secret village is a bad omen. After mumbling some mocks to Aunrae, Dar'gul has teleported himself away. She was mad at him, but I told her to remain calm. Dar'gul is a bird above her flight.

°°
By the morning, me and chief were discussing the plans at the village. At some moment of this important talk, I have felt someone's curious gaze at my back. I turned my head and saw her. Of course, Dar'gul's wench, who else? The human slave was blatantly eavesdropping our conversation, she was hidden with magical concealment, but nothing can hide from my blessed eyes. Me and the chief approached, she started cowardly explaining herself. It seems that she proved herself useful so far, and this is why the chief has given her a chance. The last chance.

°°°
The chief has sent her to perform another task. I trust the chief, but obviously not Dar'gul and his little pet. If we are to be betrayed someday, that bastard would be the first candidate in my eyes for this shameful role. I'd keep watching them both...

№007603750
°
Spider Militant meetings at Spider Kiss bath are becoming a really good tradition. Everyone was there, all the crew. We were discussing the plans, I was telling them the stories about our today's journey. Aunrae's survival was very important for the alliance, and Nargazul was pleased. Probably, this cycle was not that bad?

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Re: The Uprising: Notes of Gerfrex, the Shadow Orc

26-6-54

№008604850
°
It seems that Nargazul has listened to my advice and is searching for zhents now. In his absence his team didn't waste time though. Lyth'raina and Aunrae agree to accompany me to the surface.

°°
We met at Soubar with the chief, Tor'rak and Grishnak. There is much to be done under the cover of night. We separated our groups. While my fellow orks ventured North, I led the ladies to the South.

№008605950
°
It was a long boring night. As I expected, the ambush didn't work out. Few hummies travel this road, and none of them is foolish enough to do it at night. By fighting agressive bugbears, we, in fact, made the roads safier. A waste of time, but still it was chief's word, so we remaining here awaiting for something important.

№008604001
°
The sun rose. We were thinking of retreating and reporting to the chief, but yet he returned here himself, and we have reunited. Time to act more precisely. I have suggested the plan that was approved by Grishnak. The main forces were waiting at the ambush, while Lyth'raina is making her best to lure foolish humans here.

°°
The plan was very simple, but yet it worked out perfectly. Two foolish humans Lyth'raina brought immediately understood what happened, but they couldn't do anything. During Lyth'raina's absence, we caught a necromancer gnome, and now we have three hostages encircled and unable to retreat. Time to have some fun.

°°°
The gnome tried to keep himself quiet, and yet he caught a moment to use invisibility spell on himself. I let him know that those tricks won't work against my all-seing eyes, and he had to remain at his place under the fear of death. The first human realised how bad things are and was eager to negotiate, while the second, who claimed to be a faithful banite, said he choses death over dishonor. Soon the hummies started fighting to our amusement, and the banite was victorious. This didn't save that foolish human from chains though.

°°°°
I have heard noises ahead and decided to scout. Some knighty looking human using strange magic was fighting the bugbears. He didn't take me seriously, not even realising the danger he is in. I told him to leave the forest or perish. When I returned to the crew, it turned out that in my absence the gnome has escaped. Blast it. Still, the banite was here, chained and still eager to die for his faith. The chief had plans for him. We left his companion die wounded in the forest and marched to the North.

°°°°°
On our way to the North, we encountered that knighty looking idiot again. He still didn't pay proper respect, even when the chief himself approached. After hearing the last warning, he tried to use his cheap concelment magic and ignore our presence, but he recieved a lesson from me instead. I heavily maimed that disrespectful moron, but didn't murder, making him realise his pathetic position. In case he survives, I told him to bring the words to the South, the words that Zar Ut Khan is here to claim what is ours.

№008605101
°
We entered the dark cave. The banite was chained and hanged by his arms against the wall. Lyth'raina insisted to interrogate him, to enjoy his pain, while haruspex had even more sinister plans for this human and demanded to deliever him to the secret village. Tor'rak and the chief left soon, and the suffering human was left at our full disposal.

°°
Without the chief present, Grishnak was in charge. After a short, but painful interrogation it turned out that the banite has very little influence, and there is noone to pay for his pathetic life. Grishnak has take a decision. I carved Zar Ut Khan symbols at the torso of this screaming man, and then Grishnak slowly plunged his crooked sword into man's body. The deafening howl of unbearable pain didn't last long, and soon the life has left this human.

°°°
We left the cave soon. The tortured corpse remains hanging on chains there, serving as a reminder to everyone foolish enough to oppose us. Let them know. Let them fear.

№008607201
°
The hunt has pleased the gods this cycle. I was going to lead Aunrae and Lyth'raina to their underground home, but suddenly we have encountered another human. A drunk ginger man with two sabers wasn't very hostile, more funny and foolish, yet the jalils weren't in the mood. It all happened very quick when Aunrae has lost a control over her skeleton servant, and the man has tried to attack her for that. It was a mistake.

°°
He tried to escape, but it is impossible when I am watching. Once again, I didn't kill the human, but made him unable to move by hitting the vulnerable spots with poisoned needles. Lyth'raina was angry due to the loss of her human toy, but now she found another one. We dragged him to the nearest cave.

°°°
The rite has begun. That man finally opened his eyes, his behaviour was strange. He was scared, desperate, but yet looked like he doesn't take the things seriously, doesn't believe that this is what really happens to him. He tried to joke, tried to mouth Lyth'raina off, tried to beg for mercy, but the preparations were made, and there is no escape.

°°°°
This man was innocent and even funny, true, but this was too late. I used my shadow daze to ease his pain, while Lyth'raina was chanting the prayers to her dark goddess. In the end, he accepted his fate and closed the eyes. He let out a final scream when the cold steel of sacrificial knife has pierced his chest, and this was the last moment before the dead silence taking over the cave. The gods were very pleased this cycle.

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

28-6-54

№009602840
°
The chief himself traveled to the city of Sshamath to talk with Nargazul. The purpose of this conversation is unknown ever for me. Spider Militant leader recieves more attention than I expected, and than it should be. The things are kept under control now though.

°°
The preparations continue, and the Spider Militant is back on the hunt. At the surface, we stopped at the hidden village. Nargazul acted brazen and didn't show a proper respect to my prayer. His fame slowly, but inevitably blinds him. It might lead to unwise decisions made by him in the future, and it is up to me to keep an eye on him and his organisation.

°°°
At the village, we encountered a newly accepted clan member, a chosen warrior named Kiro. He has recieved chief's approvement, and so I invited him to join our patrol. Lets see what he is made of.

№009604002
°
This cycle was quiet, even too much. We covered a huge territory on our patrol, but met noone at our path. From the woods near the Friendly Arm castle to the desolated swamps at the North, we didn't make any success.

°°
At Thundar's Ride, Lyth'raina was finally able to lure a human to the ambush. The human turned out to be a powerful wizard who made herself etheral and teleported away. This raid seems like a failiure so far. The sun rose high, making our chances to succeed miserable.

№009608131
°
We decided to make the last patrol around Thundar's Ride roads and then return to the Underdark with nothing. I have spotted that woman who teleported herself away few hours ago, she was stalking the roads again as if searching for something.

°°
When I returned to the crew with this information, I found them surrounding a human woman. The gods require the blood spilled, and so the fate of that foolish girl is determined. But before we were able to slaughter her, I have spotted someone using magic in the distance, and that someone was approaching. The girl used it as an advantage and escaped, but noone followed. Seems like we have more important thing to do.

°°°
The air around the wizard was crackling from the power and ammount of wards she prepared. She returned here for us, and her intent was very clear. I told the crew to retreat while I'll hold her, but Nargazul was too proud to listen, he rushed forth instead, and others followed. This stupid decision nearly costed their lives. After recieving serious wounds, Aunrae, Nargazul and Lyth'raina have finally retreated, Kiro wasn't as lucky as them and was nailed to the ground by a deastating barrage of magical missiles. Only two remained at the battlefield. Me and her.

°°°°
It was a long and fierce duel, her wards and my incredible speed made it last for dozens of exhausting minutes. She was running out of spells, but my own power wasn't limitless as well. This battle could last for hours, but was hardly worth this time. Trying to catch my breath, I suggested her to stop it and speak, and she listened to the voice of sense. Her name is Isra. She didn't seem to be zealous about the orcish presence. I commanded Kiro to get up and retreat, and Isra didn't hesitate. In fact, something tells me that we might be useful for eachother in the future.

№009601221
[Missing]
(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

02-7-54

№010704131
°
It has come to my ears that something has happened behind Candlekeep walls, and I must know what exactly. I suspect that this is somehow related to the authority change, which might hurt our weapon supplies.

°°
I made my way to the South unseen and started asking questions. Wasn't the best idea. Nobody heard about the rumors. One girl even told me that Candlekeep is a "place to sell stuff". The hummies are stupid beyond belief.

°°°
This time I didn't use disguise, and it quickly drew too much attention. Bad play from my part. I had to retreat quickly. Probably, I shall investigate it another cycle.

№011703610
°
Since the last raid, Nargazul acts weird. He avoids the company and seems more reclusive. Without his strong leadership, the girls have their spirits low now. The Spider Militant doesn't seem as promising now as it used to be, and it is my fault as well. I invited Lyth'raina and Aunrae to the walk under the moon, but occasionally we met the chief. He had different plans for us. He ordered his new servant, Xo'rag, to accompany us. This cycle shall be spent for another raid.

°°
I feel like we are doing it wrong. The crew is slowly running off its purpose, and the proud raiders are slowly turning into miserable highway brigands. While sitting in the ambush, I tried to prove my point to Lyth'raina. She was mouthing me off in response, but then she was smashed to half-death by random traveler who turned out to be a powerful shapeshifter. Can't say I didn't enjoy the scene, but the situation in general is very sad and only proves my words.

№011704940
°
We were making the last patrol through the endless fields south of Soubar. Suddenly, it turned out that this day wasn't for nothing. A body of a strange man in black was lying unconcious in the middle of the field. I have no idea what happened there, but it was obvious that we must make haste. This human belongs to the clan now.

°°
As I expected, our delay costed us much. Three hooded women approached, they were asking something about the liches, scrolls, bones and other nonsense I didn't have time for. I commanded Xo'rag to drag the wounded man to the hidden village, but women stopped us. They claimed our captive, and recieved an expected denial. Without saying much more, they attacked me all at once.

°°°
Another long and ferocious battle. They were heavily warded in advance, but were hardly a match for me, except the mistress who led them. I nearly took one of them down, but then I made a fatal mistake. A second of my hesitation was enough for their leader to roast me with a devastating spell of incredible power. The battle was lost, and the victors claimed our captive and teleported away.

°°°°
Despite my heavy injuries, I didn't feel myself defeated. Varissa, the leader of those cultists, was but another overconfident, powerful fool. She would soon understand that in fact she was the one who lost. I wish her all the best in searching her precious scrolls.

№011700141
°
Our morale went even lower after today's "hunt". We were drinking hard, trying to drown the bitter taste of our failiure. My body was all heavily burnt, and those bitches didn't even help me with the bandages. Sometimes I feel like my work deserves a bit more credit.

°°
The next cycle I decided that it was high time to fix the things before it all goes gets screwed up completely. I invited Nargazul for a private talk, it was a long time since I seen him. I told him about how bad things are getting, and how much the girls need him. He agreed that probably it was his mistake as well, and together we came to an agreement how to restore the previous glory of the Spider Militant. Despite yesterday's failiure, tomorrow seems promising.

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

04-7-54

№011708630
°
This cycle has started with some very good news. That immortal moron, Ferrick Card, who was using dragon powers and kidnapped Nargazul didn't want to stop, and so he met an obvious outcome. Slain by the chief once again, he was lying uncoincious at the ground at the hidden village. I suggested the chief that we transport him to the place nobody ever finds him, and he agreed.

°°
After a long journey, Ferrick was delievered to the secret prison in the deeps of the Underdark. He was locked in, and the chief has started the work. Ferrick tried to escape many times, using the mouse shape to slip through the bars, but everytime he did it he met a deadly strike of chief's axe instead. It was unclear where his supernatural stamina comes from, that boy was stupid as wine cork and kept mocking us over and over, enjoying his invulnerability.

°°°
I have brought the girls from the Spider Militant here, and from that moment the real interrogation has begun. Ferrick was mercilessly tortured and slain over and over, only to be brought back to life and continue his unbearable suffering. This man was stubborn and foolish, but even he couldn't overcome the unhuman torture. In the end, he broke. His desperate, miserable scream has shattered the wall when Aunrae started [Missing text] that broken, destroyed man was crying with blood, weeping in the final moments of his life. The chief was pleased, and so the gods.

°°°°
Suddenly, a hooded woman approached. That very bitch that defeated me the last cycle, she has come here for the same purpose — to claim our captive. To my surprise, she invited the chief for a private talk, and after a brief negotiation he has handed the broken, crying man to her. I couldn't speak against the chief, and I am sure I don't see as many things as he does, but this doesn't change the things. Varissa is a foe, and shall remain such until she meets her well deserved grave. The chief assured me that he is planning to use her, and so far he always was right. Lets see what comes out of it.

№011703431
°
After having some drinks, we decided to arrange a practice session between the members of the Spider Militant. We have come to the arena for the fistfight, and Lyth'raina challenged me. To my surprise, she started warding herself heavily, carriying a sharp sword and full armor against half-naked me, who was expecting an unarmed combat. She was trying to kill me for good. Again. Despite my obvious disadvantage, I knew all her tricks as the one who was watching her grow since the beginning, so I was able to knock her down. This didn't bring me no pleasure, though. The bitch has ruined everything again with her caustic words.

°°
We had a long talk with Aunrae that night, and in a rush of my frustration we even made a weird bet. Thirteen days, hundred bags of gold. Lets see what comes out of that silly idea. She told me that she forgot her drinks at Bregan's hall, and so I had to follow her.

°°°
At the hall, I encountered an unexpected scene. Nargazul was speaking to the mysterious figure in pitch black armor, the one rumored to be that very Blackblade. Their conversation reminded of a verbal duel, and Nargazul certainly wasn't in the best shape this cycle, leaving too many inconvenient questions unanswered. "The (germbag) monger", he called himself sarcastically in the rush of emotions, and this hurt Aunrae, making her leave. Later, Blackblade's mistress came in, a representative of the Necromancy school. She kept hinting that my corpse would make a perfect reseatch subject, while I was trying to act as quiet and modest as heavily injured half-naked orc in goggles ever can.

°°°°
In the end, Nargazul offered Blackblade to join the crusade. His answer was [Missing text]

№012706910
°
The next cycle has come, I offered Lyth'raina and Aunrae to take a walk to the mushroom forest. There was too much tension between me and the half-blood, but what Aunrae did wasn't really expected, at least no so soon. She brought up the problems openly, demanding Lyth'raina to treat me better. This obviously left to nothing but another headache for me. In the end of this unpleasant conversation, I promised that the next time she would be in trouble or need I shall be somewhere else. Enough risking my life for someone like her.

№012705115
°
The Spider Militant members has gathered at the arena, and a brutal practice has begun. Nargazul and Lyth'raina both wanted to test their skills, and so this day has come. Unlike me, Nargazul didn't know all her hidden tricks. I was aware that he would lose, didn't expect this happen that fast. The girl has grown indeed, and even despite my frustration after last few cycles, I was glad to see her victorious. They were fighting all night long, and weren't aware of my presence.

°°
We met alltogether lately at our secret base of operations. We have discussed the the recent events and prepared the plans for the future cycles. Huge ambitions, but with the real force behind them.

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

07-7-54

№013708740
°
It has come to my attention that there is some suspicious human activity at our lands, and it was my duty to immediately investigate it. I invited Aunrae and Lyth'raina to the raid, as well as Xo'rag and Boogatti, the new clan recruits. We started patrolling the North in search for anything unusual.

°°
We encountered a blonde human wench at the road. She was acting like one of those witless adventurers, clearly not realising the threat we pose. With a fake smile, she decided to move to the North, and we followed.

°°°
She was surrounded before she could reach Soubar, but she was still smiling like an idiot. She is rather stupid, or this is an ambush. The later, unfortunately. Three humans stepped out of the shadows, it was clear that they came here for us. One of them was man in black, the trophy Varissa stole from me, alive and well. The second was a blonde overconfident boy with tiny knives. The third seemed to be the leader, and if my sources are not lying, this was the Darius boss himself.

°°°°
Odds were certainly against us. I made the only right decision I could make in this situation — I commanded my gang to retreat, while holding the humans as long as I can. They didn't hesitate, it was obvious that I am the most valuable captive here. But they have to catch me first, of course. They started asking the questions, and I kept answering them briefly until I got bored. Those overconfident idiots made it obvious that they won't let me escape, Darius bastard certainly treated it like a sport hunt for his mere entertainment, and it was good for me. They certainly had no idea who are they dealing with.

°°°°°
It has finally begun. Most of those hummies were using weird chants to empower themselves. Darius himself was using more interesting array of techniqes, including shadowblending, ethereal steps and even some divine wards, but his little crossbow couldn't even hit the master of shadows. During the rush of combat, I noticed Varissa shadowstalking among us. Her purpose was unclear back then, and it was high time for me to strike back.

°°°°°°
After some time of tricking them around, I delievered my deadly strikes. The man in black fell first, that brazen blonde wench followed him few seconds after, it was a pleasure to see her smirking lips kissing the dirt now. Only me and Darius remained. He was obviously losing it, but it was time when he used his ultimate power — devastating sonic waves that I was defenseless against. I noticed Varissa jumping onto this battle scene. She made her move few moments after.

°°°°°°°
She has chosen the perfect moment. One deadly spell, and Darius falls lifeless to the ground. The battle was over. Three hummies were slain, one seemed to run away scared. It was time to share our trophies. After a brief negotiation, I demanded the Darius boss as a captive while she takes everyone else, and she had to agree.

°°°°°°°°
I was outplayed. That blonde brazen boy with knives, who seemed to be Darius' bodyguard, didn't escape. He was patiently waiting in the ambush for the perfect moment, even when his boss fell, and now the moment has come. I was caught flat-footed by his sudden attack, I could still continue the fight despite this, but a giant hand summoned by him played its critical role and I was taken down. Wasting no time, he has taken the wounded body of his boss and carried it away as quick as he could. His intuition didn't fail him, as my crew has returned a minute later. Many would find the way that boy acted cowardly, but in fact it was the best move he could make, and it payed off. This won't work the next time we meet, though.

°°°°°°°°°
I failed to capture the Darius boss, but yet it was still a success. The Darius gang was crushed this cycle. Those morons are putting bounties on our heads, they came here to hunt us for fun like animals. It is amusing for me, since those fools still don't realise who is the real prey here...

№013707951
°
This cycle the chief has given us a strange mission. We had to get into the Cloaked forest and destroy the magical trees with fire. The reasons of this were eluding me, but yet the chief is the wisest of us, even in situation with Varissa he was right, and she proved herself very useful today. Yet the mission itself was still weird. For instance, I was made a leader of this operation, even higher than the chief himself. I didn't see Dar'gul's face at the moment he found out, but I bet it was pricelss.

°°
We were heading deeper and deeper into the magical forest, the haruspex was removing the wardings so we could burn the trees with fire bombs. Everything was quiet, even too quiet. Suddenly we were ambushed. A bunch of strange midgets with insect wings surrounded us and heavily wounded with their magical barrage. We dispatched them quickly, but it was only a beginning. A magical tree behind me awoke and dragged me into the crones with its liana. I managed to escape, and then I noticed that the air has changed, it was filled with spores. I quickly soaked a rag with deeps ale and put to my mouth, but it was too late. I was poisoned, and we couldn't see a thing due to thick wall of floating spores that filled the air.

°°°
They have finally come for us, an insane mob of winged bastards. In a merciless, organized barrage of their strange magic, they have taken the chief and the haruspex down. Wasting no time, Dar'gul has teleported us all away from there. Now that was a real failiure. On the other hand, we suffered no casualties, and I can't deny Dar'gul's effort simply because it's Dar'gul, although it doesn't mean he earned my trust. Yet.

№013700012
°
We were tending our wounds at the crater site of the hidden village. Dar'gul arrogance made him deadly close to speaking up against the chief, but luckily we were able to set everything up and move on to the more relevant matters.

°°
Dar'gul has brought his new toy here. It was a strange stuttering human boy, another wizard. The warlock claimed that this human is an expert of the nature and arcane lore, and so he knows much about the creatures that attacked us. It was a disappointed instead, since this man kept buying himself time with his worthless mumble, he kept trying to make us hand him his magical tome. Once we got bored with this nonsense, Dar'gul has teleported that man to the angry forest spirits, so he can test his precious advices in practice. Obviously, the hummie never returned.

°°°
Me and chief were discussing the things one on one later, as we always do. He shared his strategical view of the things, revelead the plans. Our foes are in panic and despair, it seems that they are about to act in full force only to face their crushing defeat. The gods favor our sacred purpose.

№013703112
°
I was scouting ahead in the Southern lands, and suddenly I was ambushed by a pack of wolves. Those beasts seemed organized, as if someone's cold will was leading them, and I am not even talking about their enormous size and strength. They sensed me and tried to kill.

°°
Once every single beast was taken down, I examined them more carefully. My eyes didn't fail me, and indeed those were the biggest wolves I've ever seen. I cut the leg of the beast off and has taken it as a trophy. I am sure the chief would be interested in this little gift.

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

11-7-54

№014703940
°
This cycle has started with some not very usual encounter. I have met two human wenches brazenly walking through the Mist Lake outpost. They not only didn't covered their indentities, they openly weaved their bright cloaks with the Silver Rose emblem. For the knights who were smuggling the gems to Rockrun secretly from their order, they acted way too brazenly. We have quickly gathered a war party and ambushed them, but those bitches were able to elude us and escape, using their surprisingly good knowledge of local passages. It won't work twice though, and next time we see those smugglers we'll make sure to provide them with an unforgettable experience at the torture chambers.

°°
There was no time to waste though. Following Lyth'raina's new plan, we traveled to Soubar. We tried to contact that shady man she wanted to recruit, but there was no luck. Seems he expected an ambush, and probably he wasn't that wrong after all.

°°°
As I expected, the North has quickly started attracting all the possible forces. I needed to get to the hidden village, but I knew that we are probably going to get ambushed at the road. I've taken Aunrae and Lyth'raina with me through the crooked underground river system that allowed us to get to the village from the other direction. The night was quiet, we were moving swift, and yet we had an encounter. A human spotted us not so far from the Candlekeep. Having no time to spend on this fool, I knocked him down. Probably he is already eaten by gnolls.

°°°°
Upon arriving to the hidden village, we have seen a huge mob of orks approaching the chief and the haruspex. I thought those were Grimnail's men at first, but instead it turned out that they are a tribe from the distant lands that came here to join our triumph, join like thousands more orks before them. The chief greeted them, and every single ork has joined the ranks of Grimnail's horde. Ku'ra, the shaman of their tribe, was special though, and so the chief had a long conversation with her, revealing her the wisdom of the Sacred Violence path, and she was listening with awe, being honored by the insights. Chief's teaching has no boundaries, and even the drow were allowed to hear his sacred words. Everyone can hear the will of the gods, but only the chosen are able to understand...

№014705232
°
I have noticed that human dog lying at the log bench. Seems like Dar'gul's influence has given its ill results, and that supressed, broken girl has turned into another brazen wench who shows no respect. But there was a good part of it though. From what I have heard, Dar'gul claimed that he no longer owns her, meaning that she has no master at the moment. I commanded her to sit down and look at me while I speak to her stupid human face.

°°
I have given her one cycle. She has to either find herself a new master or recieve an ally status from the chief. When she fails, she would be treated as an intruder and dealt with accordingly. Dar'gul was there, watching it with certain amusement. Having no time to waste, we both have departed in the deeps below. There is an important meeting taking place this cycle. Before making my leave, I hinted the girl about the best solution of her problem. I hope she makes the right choice.

№015703003
°
We have arrived to the city of Dark Weavings. Grishnak was already waiting there. A woman named Draya, the most ascetically looking drow I have met, waved us to follow her to the Bregan's office.

°°
We were waiting there for half an hour. This wasn't my first time there, so I enjoyed the best booze at the bar, while being relaxed and confident. Grishnak and Dar'gul felt themselves awkward and uncomfortable at the smokeskin city though, they didn't spend dozens of years in the Underworld as I did, so this is understandable. Finally, Draya came back to us and claimed that Blackblade has finally responded, but the meeting area has suddenly changed. While being suspicious and even prepared to fight, we had nothing to do but to accept his rules.

°°°
Blackblade was waiting for us at the Schoold of Necromancy. After our questions he declared that this meeting doesn't involve Bregan, at least not directly. We spent most of the time answering Blackblade's cunning questions. It was obvious what he is trying to make me admit, he knew I am not telling the whole truth, but yet I couldn't afford to reveal him the real picture. In the end, the purpose of the meeting was fullfilled and we reached an agreement about [Missing text]

°°°°
Upon arriving to the hidden village, Grishnak and Dar'gul expressed their frustration to me, they were enraged by Blackblade's behaviour. I can understand them, but yet this is my responsibility to ensure Spider Militant's well being. Blackblade suspects much, among all the drow he is the closest to the truth, but yet still very-very far away from it.

№015703210
°
Grishnak had a strange meeting arranged, and I have become his shadow during it. They met near some hummie sacred altar in the gnoll woods. Two shady masked figures met him there. They claimed to be specialists and seemed ambitious. They brought some very important news for the clan, regarding [Missing text] Grishnak has payed them in advance, and promised much more once they succeed in their secret operation.

°°
Just as the meeting was over, a woman in red approached. That hummie looked like a mage, she didn't fear us. Another overconfident wench like hundreds before her, brazen, but with nothing to back her worthless mumble up. What surprised me here is Grishnak's behaviour. He acted polite, trying his best to make an acquiaintance and cause as little fuss as he could. In the end, he bade her farewell and walked away. I couldn't act openly against Grishnak's will, but once he left I warned that girl that she is better watch her back now, and watch very carefully.

°°°
Grishnak's behaviour disappointed me. His action's weren't driven by common sense nor plot, it was simple compassion, weak and irrational. We could've destroyed her, but he has chosen to excuse himself for inconvenience. This is not the way of the Sacred Violence, nor the treatment pinkskin scum deserve. I shall watch his steps from this very day.

№015701850
°
Jaxon has broken into Gloura's Wings Inn and reported about strange activity at Ograhn ruins. He claimed that there is an offensive gang of orks roaming it, as well as plenty of devils they consort with. It was very strange, I had no idea what orks was he talking about. Other drow present at Gloura's were interested in it as well, and so we have united our forces and marched to Ograhn ruins.

°°
Our squad was impressive. Combining their dark powers, Baless, Lyth'raina, Kren'zar and Schezalle were able to create a whole army of undead. Our force was unstopabble, and soon we were able to witness what Jaxon was talking about. Indeed, the demon worshipping orks with a whole cohort of their planar servants... or masters? I had no idea what clan did they come from, but it hardly matters. They gave us no chances to negotiate, and the fight has begun.

°°°
Most of the summoned undead were destroyed, but no drow were even hurt, and no ork, since I am writing these lines. There was something they came here for, and it became clear very soon. A body of a slain human druid was lying there. Baless has tried to perform a resurrection rite, but there was no use — the human was dead for a very long time. We searched around, but found nothing of value. Well, almostly, but this shall remain with me for the investigation.

°°°°
The battle has ended, but the hostilities weren't over yet. Aunrae and Schezalle have started their squabble, again. This time though it happened outside Sshamath walls, so Schezalle could allow herself more freedom. Using her bardic powers, she was torturing and humiliating Aunrae with her dazing spells. It was painful to watch, but yet interfering right now would've been a big mistake. Fortunately, Schezalle has satisfied her sadistic demands and departed, while Aunrae was drained and enraged at the same time. Schezalle's contribution is quite arguable at the Spider Militant, while her destructive influence is more than obvious. It is time to step in.

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

14-7-54

№016709630
°
The word has reached me about new Dar'gul's captives, and so I decided to take a look. What I have seen wasn't what I expected though. Two cages at the cliff, both covered in dry blood. One of them was empty, while another contained an unexpected guest. No, this wasn't a heavily burnt elf, this was certainly a smokeskin, it was obvious even despite a horrible condition her body was in. She was dead. Who is she? Why did a drow fight Da'rgul? Why is she dead? There were way too many questions in my head with absolutely no answers. I grabbed the corpse by its leg and dragged to another cage located at the center of the village.

°°
I need my answers, and I shall get them. I have made a sending and now was waiting for the right people to come. I found that brazen girl, Kath. She failed to find a master, and there was no time to waste on her. She tried to show her temper, how foolish. I made it clear that I am about to lose patience, and in the end she had nothing to do but to obey. She was ordered to wash the corpse from all the blood and stench. I need it in a good condition.

°°°
By the midnight, the allies have arrived. Baless, the White Banshee yathrin, has joined me, accompanied by Nargazul. The body was clean, it was amusing to watch Kath carrying heavy chains, and once the body was chained, Baless has started her rite. We shall make it speak.

°°°°
After the rite was performed, I have heard a desperate breath under the heavy chains. She was brought back to life, at last. After examining the captive, the Spider Militant members became enraged. "Heretic!" — was Baless' words. They were pointing at her tattoes and desecrated sacred rings, they were accusing her of betrayal, and once she felt herself better than a sack of potato, she didn't hesitate to mock them back. It was amusing to watch, but she was resurrected to give me answers, not to die again. I told my companions to stop and commanded the captive to speak. After other drow' accusations, she didn't resist and was eager to speak to me instead of them. Very good.

°°°°°
She didn't try to avoid the questions nor hide the facts. After a brief interrogation, I have recieved a curious picture. The drow claimed she was an Ebon Blade officer, and her purpose was to protect Soubar. It sounded like a complete nonsense at first, but then I actually realised it was true. After all, this is what happens when an Ebon Blade dog leaves the keep instead of shaking in fear behind the walls like their precious Baron. The woman had countless ammount of wounds, she realised that she has no chances to escape, but she was still keeping her chin high. I think the chief shall find a good use for such an interesting sample.

°°°°°°
What happened next was expected, but not so early, not now. The commotion the captive created has attracted too much attention, and finally Grimnail himself approached to find out who is making the noise at his village. Unlike Khar, Grimnail is much more straighforward leader who relies on strength and fear and refuses to see unobvious paths, but the hidden village of Uruk Lurra belongs to him, and so his word is a law. The captive tried to scream out loud in his presense, and I hissed to my companions to shut her mouth. I raised my hand, commanding everyone around to remain silent while the warchief speaks.

°°°°°°°
Grimnail's order was against my plans, not what I intended to do. I tried to convince him, and it went well at first, but mentioning Khar as the one who made the North tremble was a mistake of mine. Having his pride touched, Grimnail grunted that his word is final and I had to obey. There was something very good in his words though. At last, he has declared that the time has come. The horde has grown enough and is prepared to strike. He has sent his messenger to Soubar, a warning before the storm. His words encouraged me, this is what I and thousands of orks were eager to hear, what we all waited for so very long. Wasting no more time, we have departed.

№016707008
°
The sun was rising, and we have decided to take the underground route. Baless and Nargazul were leading the captive to her fate, while Kath was also with us, I commanded her to be. Having no time to waste, I claimed her, and now she serves me. The girl sure has potential, and I am going to use it well.

°°
When we left the caverns, our eyes were about to turn into omelets. It has taken more time than I expected, but we were close. This drow girl was a very decent warrior, it was pity to lose her like this. She simply has chosen the wrong side, and the outcome of this was expected. Soon, she was meeting her last moments at Soubar gallows. Following the troublesome mood of the town, the sun has left the sky, being replaced by gray heavy skies. The show has attracted many people, even Mag herself left the Inn to watch it, but none of them even tried to interfere. We have done as Grimnail ordered. Nargazul has cut the woman's legs off, and her body has lost the ground. The noose has broken her neck, and the drow heretic was left hanging there. I have ascended to her to leave the final lines of this symphony of death — Z.U.K. letters carved at her back. This is not a message to the Ebon Blades, this is a message to the whole North. Everyone would behold it, but would they understand?

№017708530
°
Yet another troublesome meeting of the Spider Militant. As usual, it occurs at the bathes, but everyone is dressed in black, nobody touches the water. I have spoken to Nargazul regarding Schezalle, and after that conversation I was very surprised to hear that Aunrae is going to be sacrifised to Lolth in two cycles. Such is unacceptable. Schezalle is not even a yathrin, she is a fighter like Nargazul. Her actions so far were only destroying the Spider Militant from within, and now that destruction has come to a new level noone else could ever think it could reach. This parasite openly claims that she is going to murder a loyal Spider Militant member who has proven her worth and loyalty multiple times before. It is a turning point. I have given Aunrae one cycle to settle it. I hinted her that Schezalle's blatant actions are going against Zar Ut Khan interests, and this might have bad consequences for the alliance. Aunrae is going to talk to Nargazul now, and I hope she brings the right message.

°°
After speaking to her, Nargazul was absent for a very long time. I didn't have a chance to hear the decision from his lips, but rather from the hundreds of mouthes at the bazaar. He made a public declaration that the Spider Militant doesn't work with the Black Claws mercantile company no longer, meaning that Schezalle is officially removed from the ranks of Nargazul's crew and all the ties are broken. Excellent. The war is nigh, and at this challenging time we require the Spider Militant to be as healthy and prospering as never before. I was impressed by Nargazul's decision, it was a victory indeed, but yet I've spoken to Aunrae one more time. I told her not to escalate. Schezalle has no influence now, but she still able to gut Aunrae somewhere away from the everwatching Mythals. I shall keep my eyes on that snake.

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

17-7-54

№018703750
°
The delievery has finally arrived. I watched this deal struck by Aunrae with a big scepticism, that overconfident surface necromancer gave no guarantees but his blatant boasting, but yet he is here, bringing the ware in the exact condition he mentioned. A surface elf girl was lying lifeless on a cold cave floor, in a good condition and not even wounded, while her essence was trapped nearby in a magical jar. Perfectly performed work.

°°
The human recieved his reward and was dismissed. As for us, we needed a place to hold the captive, and I knew just the right one. We threw her to the cell and locked the doors. Finally, when everyone was prepared, Aunrae has opened the jar, and Lyth'raina returned the life back to the captive. That Dove was a druid, another ridicolous divine joke. I brought the roll of spider silk and wrapped all the bars with it. One idiot trying to slip away in mouse form is pretty much enough.

°°°
Dove started to speak, and the more painful mumble I heard from her filthy elven mouth, the less obvious her value looked. We have paid a tremendous ammount of money for her, and what did we get? A useless blind lunatic who preaches about her values and avoids the questions. But we were taking our time. It was Nargazul's captive after all, and he'll make sure to make the wench worth every wasted coin.

°°°°
Lyth'raina has returned with some troublesome news about some squad of hummies that was already here to rescue Dove. She went to scout, while Aunrae was talking with the captive for hours, they were brainwashing eachother, trying to prove their points about the mythical thing called "love". They didn't know I was there, but then I recieved a sending from Lyth'raina. Seems like she was able to meet those humans.

№018701910
°
A breeze of piercing wind filled the dungeon, a second before I materialized. Can't say I was surprised, but I expected more. Instead of a hostile group of zealots, there was only one cowardly man in black robes at Nau'klar basement. There was a huge chance that this was a bait while the bigger group steals our property, so that man was ordered to get into the cage, and he didn't hesitate, obeying everything I say.

°°
The man has introduced himself as Muertos. He claimed that he came to purchase Dove as an exotic concubine he was looking for a long time. He already offered much more than we payed for her, and I didn't see any problem in selling that useless mouthy wench, but the problem is that she was Nargazul's property, and so I had to send Lyth'raina to ask for his permission.

°°°
In her absence, I was asking the man much about the surface organisations and plans, and he was humbly answering. I asked him about the strongest of them, and he named a mysterious Phoenix company I have heard about for the first time ever. Lyth'raina arrived soon, bringing a denial from Nargazul. Having no reasons to let him go, I locked the man in the cage, but before I could claim him as a captive, he started begging to let him go. Lyth'raina approached and whispered that [Missing text] Finally, I accepted those hundred and twenty six bags from him and left him be at Lyth'raina's responsibility. He is not my concern no longer.

°°°°
I payed a brief visit to Nargazul. He was already having his fun with the captive, and before he gets carried away with his new toy, I asked if he requires my assistance. "No" was his answer, and after getting paid for this opperation I walked away, overburdened with the weight of countless coins. This day sure made me much profit.

№019702600
°
Another Spider Militant meeting at their special place. This day is getting more and more troublesome. It was reported that someone has stolen our captive and then it was resold for bigger price by Bregan D'aerthe to that man in black. Everyone fell under suspicious, the atmosphere was unhealthy as never before, Nargazul was eager to start the repressions against those he suspects, Baless, who sounded wise before, was calling everyone heretics and wanted us to start a holy war in the deep below. It was obvious that the conclave was somehow involved into this, and some of the L'Orb Glennen memember thought that soon the Charnag Maeltra would come for them. They were in panic, and this must be ended.

°°
I tried my best to calm everyone down and stop this self-destruction. They are certainly dramatizing. It was not a conclave involvement, but rather of one of its members. One them coincidentally runs Bregan D'aerthe here, and according to Lyth'raina's words, he admits that the deal was a misunderstanding, and he is ready to bring the compensation to l'Orb Glennen. It was clear as day what to do now. Nargazul must speak to Vesche and demand the compensation. Every cowardly idea of fleeing the city that sounded at this room was stricktly denied by me. The Spider Militant must prove itself as a solid political force, escaping after the first challenge is a dead end with no return. We also have our suspects, including [Missing text], I would keep my eyes keen on those two.

№019708231
°
Aunrae's fantasy doesn't let her rest. She still tries to turn me and Lyth'raina into something more, something she sees in her ill imagination. It only made Lyth'raina mad, and soon we were discussing the things at the round table. Aunrae was quite good at this, exposing our hidden fears and concerns with ease, but unfortunately this lead to nowhere. I am no longer interested in her, she was the biggest waste of my efforts.

°°
The more time we spent at the Great Elixir, the more tense it was getting. The pressure reached its limit when I brought up one of the most painful memories about me and Lyth'raina, she immediately threatened to leave if I add anything here, and I told her to go. I was feeling drained and supressed, but then I realised the truth, the real nature of my attachment to her. I never mistake, and rare exceptions that happen hurt deep. Now I understand that this attachment is not a shameful feeling, this is an attempt to fix the mistakes of the past. Of mine and her past.

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

22-7-54

№020704640
°
I have delievered the news about demonologist ork activity to the chief, and he commanded us to depart immediately. Tor'rak the haruspex saved us much time, teleporting us right to the entrance to the infamous Ograhn ruins.

°°
We have slain countless numbers of drow heretics and reanimated dwarves, but there were no traces of demonic activity. We have come too late, and I suspect that the last remaining demonologist were destroyed by local ruin raiders. Those seeds that I found at the druid body though, I still possess them, and even Tor'ral doesn't know their true purpose. Perhaps we should plant them and see the results.

°°°
The chief has assigned me as the official ambassador of the clan in the Underworld. This is an honorary position, and I shall try my best to perform like a professional I am. My duties won't change though, since I had always been representing the interestes of Zar Ut Khan in the depths of the world.

№020703231
°
Lyth'raina told me about some important appointment of hers at the surface, and I had to accompany her. The man we met was familiar to me. Yes, that very "specialist" who was bargaining with Grishnak back then at the shrine. Lyth'raina wanted him to investiage a certain matter regarding [Missing text], but in response she has recieved much more than we both expected.

°°
The man has told us an interesting story about his criminal guild interracting with the subject Lyth'raina mentioned. For a good price, he told us everything, every single detail about a snow witch being protected by a certain Elistraen drow. The picture becomes clear, and all that remains is strong evidences of that drow's intervention.

№021707540
°
A new Sshamath arrival has attracted my attention. An armored grim jalil with unusual accent was looking for local loltites. For some reason I thought this was a bounty hunter, but after approaching her it turned out to be something more interesting. A loltite zealot named Dulgoloth arrived to the city of Dark weavings to banish all the heresy out of here and restore the true faith, how interesting. She might certainly be used in our plans, and so I promised her to arrange a meeting with Nargazul.

°°
A cycle later, I gathered them together at Spider Kiss. Pretending that I have left, I kept watching from the shadows. What I have seen surprised me, and certainly not in a good way. Nargazul kneeled before that woman, calling her "ilharess". This city has very weak loltite influence, and that low bow was a bad sign. She kept talking about spreading the true faith, and Nargazul agreed with everything she said.

°°°
I kept tracking them. Nargazul had a meeting appointed with house Zau'afin, and that woman he sees for the first time ever accompanied him, or should I say he accompanies her? For the newcomer, she acts way too overconfident. But it is unwise to bite more than you can chew, as I love saying...

°°°°
The loltite influence inside the group is unacceptable. This drives l'Orb Glennen off its original course, and from the human lands at the surface its power is being swallowed by the tides of Sshamath itrigues. Baless has immediately supported the new loltite member, and I have remined her and other warriors about the true purpose of the Spider Militant. I have been there, the day the Spider Militant was created, and this is my work to keep it loyal to its original purpose, the way of Selvetarm. The clan is being quiet lately, and this silence gives the space for that loltite filth to spread inside the ranks.

№022704101
°
I have tried to approach Lyth'raina again, but she doesn't change. She is being deaf and stubborn, she keeps ignoring everything I say, keeps saying "You ask too much from me", while all I want from her is to listen. I have spotted a spy who followed us to the mushroom grove, and Lyth'raina teleported us away. Soon we have reached the surface.

°°
I told Aunrae to leave us. This was my final attempt to reach out for her. We worked together since the beginning, two beggars from the Darkwoods that grew much in all those long months, gone through much. I am not attached to her, but I treat her in special way. Yes, I am finally brave enough to admit she is important for me. I have exposed my weakness again in that final attempt to reach out, but recieved nothing but that cold stubborn empty response. "You're asking too much from me", that empty phrase being told countless times. Her attitude used to enrage me, but not now. Indeed, she is the biggest disappointment so far. She claims she needs her heart to become cold, to get rid of attachments, but those words suit only two kinds of people — cowards and slaves. Her path shall doom her, and when she falls I won't be there to save her, to save once again. Farewell.

°°°
I was walking along the empty field against the merciless sun. The war at the surface is nigh, the Spider Militant is walking the wrong path, and I, as a newly appointed Zar Ut Khan ambassador, must prevent it. But instead, I am walking towards the East for one cycle now, and it doesn't seem I am going to stop anytime soon. There is too much to consider, so much to reevaluate. I feel so drained, exhausted, depressed. The tool can work in such conditions, but I am not a tool. I am doing a huge mistake, and I shall answer for it in time. But now all I want is a distant place to hide...

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

28-7-54

№021701720
°
I was considering much during my absense, putting my thoughts in order. I was reevaluating my purposes, thinking about the reasons that drove me back then and trying to find new ones to move forth. What is my own benefit in all this? You invest your life into other people's success, while all you get is new names, titles that mean nothing, they are but dust. Why am I doing it?

°°
Lyth'raina and Aunrae were sending sendings to me, they begged me to return, to fix all the chaos that is going on in my absense. But they brought nothing but words, they put no efforts into trying to find me, and that is more than typical of them. Probably what is happening to l'Orb Glennen is well deserved?

°°°
Despite those reasonable thoughts, there is one thing that doesn't let me sleep. I was the one who was with Nargazul all this time, from the very moment a lonely drow fighter, inspired by my tales of Zar Ut Khan glory, has decided to become a part of something bigger. There were too much efforts put into building l'Orb Glennen from scratch, and I shall not tolerate a bunch of loltite bitches who defy our efforts. Who defy my efforts.

It is better later than never. I am coming back.

№022707750
°
I have returned. What I have seen displeased me. l'Orb Glennen members alltogether kneel before the impostor yathrin, while Schezalle watches them doing so with a satisfied smile. They disappointed me, all of them, and Nargazul in the first place. He has destroyed everything we built in one day, turning the proud Spider Militant into a loltite circus. He has resigned, kneeling before Dugoloth, a woman he had seen for the first time ever. This nonsense was hard to believe, but Schezalle is already trying to surround me, demanding to kneel before their mistress. Pathetic. We would have serious talks, nobody shall avoid them.

°°
A day later, I have seen another scene at the Darkwood district. There was a confrontation between the Spider Militant and Bregan D'aerthe. I was prepared to intervene, but they have avoided the fight. It seems that this cycle Nargazul's crew has murdered a drow, a heretic as they called it. This is painful to watch.

°°°
I have revealed myself to Galawyn and other Bregan members after Nargazul's crowd left. They recognized me soon, and I was surprised by their reaction. It seemed as if they were glad to have me back, but they don't get it. I am here to restore the Spider Militant, not to destroy it. I do hope I shall avoid Bregan's intervention.

№023708340
°
The first one I was able to talk in private to was Aunrae. Like in old good times, we were talking in the Spider Kiss bathes, but it was very different. No wine, no jokes, no splashing in the water and teasing. I was pressing her with my cold heavy gaze, and she felt guilty.

°°
She is such a fool. Despite realising how wrong it all goes, she sincerely believes in yathrin's lies, the promise that she would take her place. Perhaps the new leader has indeed proved herself worthy, but Aunrae's comment about it made me laugh, long and loud. They attempted to perform a surface raid, and they were stopped by a first pack of wolves they have met. Truly pathetic, is this what the Spider Militant was created for?!

°°°
Later on, I have encountered an old familiar figure in pitch black armor. Blackblade, he was looking like he was expecting my return. We had a long talk in the secret place, discussing the things related to l'Orb Glennen. He knew more details than he should have, "Do you think you can talk about me in my city, without me knowing it?" as he said. He proposed the help, his intervention, and my answer was [Missing text]

°°°°
The most important conversation is still ahead. Much would depend upon what Nargazul is going to say. While hoping to solve it all with a minimum blood spilled as I usually do, I am preparing myself for the worst scenario.

(\/);,;(\/)

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”