Cannot join into to this server with any of my characters

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Sugo77

Cannot join into to this server with any of my characters

Unread post by Sugo77 »

Hello, i not played in game NWN2, and on this server about 3-5 years ago, and now back, just for checking, and sometimes, spend free time in it... Not on long, just for join sometimes(Time to time), and just for got relaxing in it...

Now to my problems...
i have 2 accounts on this server:
Test
Sugo77

On account Test i can join on this server with all my characters, on account Sugo77, i cannot join into this server with noone of my old characters, game tell me "banned", when i try join into to this server(But, when i just back, about 2-3 days ago, i had can join into to this server with account Sugo77,a nd with all my characters on this account), why now i cannot do it?(Today 06.08.2018 i tried, and cannot join), who, and why banned them? Maybe, because their nicknames break rules on this server, i have nicknames of my chars on account Sugo77: Igor, Igor Petrovich, and Sugo, and cannot join into this server with noone of them...

But, on account Test, i can join with all my characters: Gregor, Sorn, Igor, etc...

So, questions:
1.: Why i cannot join?
2.: Why my characters "banned", if i never break rules of this server, and even not play about 5 years old...(And now i back again, and got so bad surprise for me...)

Thanks in advance!

P.S.:
In real life my name is Igor(You all can call me Igor, if want...), me 35 years old, i never break rules in videogames, just using games for got relax sometimes in them, when i got some free time for it...
Sorry my bad english...

Added latter...
I made new character on my account Sugo77, with random nickname Vers, and tried join into this server, and got same result, this mean my account Sugo77 banned? But, why?(Reason?) If, i even not played yet... It's very strange and incomprehensible situation for me, and i will waiting answers from administration, thanks...
Maecius
Retired Admin

Re: Cannot join into to this server with any of my character

Unread post by Maecius »

I'm guessing that you may have rapidly tried to log in while the server was booting up?

When you try to log in while the server's coming back after a reset, sometimes it will tell you "invalid password" -- and if you keep trying, and that happens too many times in a row, it will ban you until the server resets again. This may have been what happened to you, if you weren't banned a few days ago, but now are banned.

Try to log in again after the next reset!

If that doesn't work, I will try to do some additional troubleshooting with you. But as far as I know, we haven't banned you.

(The other option is you could be using a pirated CD key or something, most of which have been banned over the years. Since they were low-hanging fruit for people trying to troll and make problems for people.)
Sugo77

Unread post by Sugo77 »

1.: Not pirates CD Keys, i so love DnD RPG Games, and Games: NWN1\NWN2, what buyed this games in real life(Licensed DVD Discs with DnD RPG Games NWN1\NWN2, even many versions of them...), with licenced CD Keys.
Game NWN2, i buyed even many licensed versions: Gold, Platinum, etc...
2.: I'm tryed join, after reloading this server, but still same problem(With my second account Sugo77, and with all characters on this account).

P.S.:
I can fine join into this server, with my account Test, and with all characters on them...
But, good whats you are reminds me about CD keys, maybe i was used my CD Keys from Gold Edition on my account Sugo77, but on account Test, i used CD Keys from Platinum Edition version of NWN2 game... I will try testing it, when i will got free time for it... But... But... 2-3 days ago, i 100% can was joined on this server, with same CD Keys, and on account Sugo77, i had tested my character monk with nickname Sugo, i remember it...
(Strange, but anyway, i will too testing other my licenced CD Keys, from my other versions\discs with game NWN2...)

By the way:
Thanks, for the tips!
Last edited by Sugo77 on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

Sent you a PM!
Sugo77

Unread post by Sugo77 »

Now all works fine!!

Thanks for the help!

P.S.:
I sometimes join to your-atmospheric, interesting server, when I have free time for it, but just for resting, and relaxing in the game, for get an aesthetic pleasure from the game, and from your-nice server, but now, I've already grown up, and i do not have much free time for video games... But, anyway, i'm so fond of DND RPG games, that, sometimes, now, I just join to them for testing something, or just for-relaxing, and for resting in them, and more and not need for me...
By the way, your server, the longest living, and permanent, it's commendable!

Thanks for your work, and simply, thanks for the fact that you still exist!

Return to “Community”