Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Re: Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Hello,
I believe that Baleful Polymorph is broken. It has two saves, Fortitude to see if the target get's plymorphed and Will to see if the polymorph is permanent. If they fail Fortitude they should get transformed, then roll for will and if they save then the duration is round/level if they don't it's permanent. However testing this on two people, they failed Fortitude but succeeded Will and the spell didn't do anything, can someone have a look at it please?

Last edited by DiceyCZ on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

And another one, I use Whirpool on my wizard. So far IG I used it 5 times in different occasion and today another 5 times in a row as testing...not once during those 10 times did I spawn a water elemental. I am gonna continue trying, but even with 1d20 this seems like either awfully bad luck or something broken (that's 30 chances to roll 1d20).
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

Baleful polymorph one fixed next update, with the caveat that PCs can't be polymorphed permanently.

And regarding whirlpool I got one elemental on my first try :P
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Valefort wrote:Baleful polymorph one fixed next update, with the caveat that PCs can't be polymorphed permanently.

And regarding whirlpool I got one elemental on my first try :P
Thanks a lot for the BP! :)

Suppose I just got...seriously unlucky then XD I'll keep trying.
Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik »

Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting cannot be taken as a Fighter bonus feat, despite the description stating otherwise.

Ran into the issue trying something out in the JEGS module, so I decided to test it in-game to see if it was fixed. Starting with a human fighter with 16 Str and 16 Dex and taking Two-Weapon Fighting at first level, on hitting level 2 the feat isn't available as the Fighter bonus feat, despite meeting all the other prerequisites.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
Mergandevin

Unread post by Mergandevin »

Switching on/off Athkatlan triparite deactivates Combat focus.
Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik »

Not sure if this is intentional due to balance, or simply unavoidable due to NWN2 scripting, but Sacred Fist's Sacred Flames effect may be dispelled (and rather easily at that). Reason why I imagine this may be an issue is that the pen-and-paper equivalent of the ability is supernatural (su) rather than spell-like (sp), and thus should not be dispelled.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Hello,
Today I was playing with disguise and found a few problems. First of all when I use Disguise Toggle/Disguise self it for some reason makes my character wider and shorter each time, at least when trying as a tiefling to disguise as half-elf/human/dwarf. That leads me to second issue, Disguise Toggle no longer switches Disguise OFF! It just piles on...and thanks to that I now can't go through Mystra who after crash tells me I am Disguised and I have no way of disabling the disguise.
VDub

Unread post by VDub »

DiceyCZ wrote:Hello,
Today I was playing with disguise and found a few problems. First of all when I use Disguise Toggle/Disguise self it for some reason makes my character wider and shorter each time, at least when trying as a tiefling to disguise as half-elf/human/dwarf. That leads me to second issue, Disguise Toggle no longer switches Disguise OFF! It just piles on...and thanks to that I now can't go through Mystra who after crash tells me I am Disguised and I have no way of disabling the disguise.
This happened to me the other day. Just remove disguise. Reapply it again and remove it a second time. They should allow you to go through. It happened when I logged of in disguise. It worked for me, I hope it works for you.
Solomon, Luckbringer of Tymora ~ A copper to the Lady, returns tenfold in gold!!
Dartryn Mallocant, Evoker Mage ~ "Do you have time to talk about magic?"
Traegan Daershun, Archer of the Whitewood Vanguard ~ "Of course we'll help...for a price."
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Except that I can't remove Disguise...when I use Disguise Toggle it won't remove it, it just applies new one, every time.
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Use disguise toggle. Change your name to anything other than the current (keyboard mash is fine). Apply Disguise. Remove Disguise. Talk to Mystra. Enter the game world!

I've had this bug (I've been using disguise for the last ~9 months) so I'm rather familiar with it!
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

So apparently when changing race Disguise Toggle won't remove it again...only name applies flag for Toggle to remove it...Happened so before the restart and after. Is that correct function?

Thanks btw
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Activating monks bazing aura can be disrupted (like getting hit when casting a spell), if that happens it's countdown gets triggered.
Hendrak

Unread post by Hendrak »

Either "Mark Rune" or "Teleport" scroll are not working as intended on my paladin.

I marked different places and then used a teleport scrolls but the pop up menu only gives me "No choice" option instead of listing the places i marked.

Had no problems with my other chars using those scrolls (like with my Monk).
The_Nightingale

Unread post by The_Nightingale »

Dominate Monster is no longer working vs players. (I suspect same may be true of Dominate Person).

They're working fine against npcs still though.

It'd be great if this could be fixed a bit faster than the next patch, because I sort of need it for an upcoming thing...
Bran Nightingale - Rashemi Shaman

Return to “Solved Problems”