2 Dusty Tomes - BG, FAI (SOLD)

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Svabodnik

2 Dusty Tomes - BG, FAI (SOLD)

Unread post by Svabodnik »

A pair of scrolls appear posted afore the billboard nearby the Elfsong, and nearby the merchant stalls at the Friendly Arm. In text that may be only barely legible, misplaced ink set by a shaky hand seeks to spell the following:
For those that may find interest, under the blessings of Deneir, a pair of tomes have been recovered from nearby ruins. While the bindings on the books have not been stressed since their discovery, the few runes that decorate their covers may lean towards the school of conjuration. If one would find themselves of a delicate-enough hand to peruse the contents, and a keen-enough mind to understand them, I would be ready and willing to pass them on to a more deserving keeper.

Considering the more recent rumors of similar finds, I would hope to part with either of the tomes for a sum meeting, or surmounting, 80,000 pieces of gold. However, if an offer overcoming that value is given fourth, I will grant it foremost priority.

Binder's wisdom and safe travels,
Volga Svetogorov
((OoC/tl;dr: Looking to sell two Dusty Tomes, at a bid of 80k each. Once that is offered, will close further bidding 72 hours from last post.))
Last edited by Svabodnik on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
Sokolsky

Re: 2 Dusty Tomes - BG, FAI

Unread post by Sokolsky »

A young, bald wizard in red neatly writes:

"I, Orkalos Xeraston of the Thayan Enclave, will take one of the tomes off your hands for the above-mentioned price."
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something - Plato
Nemo

Unread post by Nemo »

*A Calishite in heavy robes walks by the merchant, placing his bid as well.*

"By Deneir's quill, two of them you say? I'd take them both at your earliest convenience for the sum of 200,000 gold pieces, payable in golden trade bars!"
Sokolsky

Unread post by Sokolsky »

Orkalos mutters something under his breath about the greed of Calishites.

"Very well, I shall increase my bid. I will have one tome for 110,000 pieces of gold."
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something - Plato
Slunko

Unread post by Slunko »

A one-eyed man also starts bidding, again for the pair.

"300,000 gold pieces for the pair from me!"
Galean, Rock and Gale Enterprises
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin
Remus the Marauding Malarite
Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik »

With the aforementioned three days now having passed since word of the last bid, the adverts have been taken down. The gentleman who had initially posted the things now seeks the one-eyed man, who seems to possess ample quantities of both coin and scholarly interest.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song

Return to “Marketplace - Archive”