Idea to give a sense of pride and accomplishment

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Hoihe

Idea to give a sense of pride and accomplishment

Unread post by Hoihe »

So!

It makes things balanced that a entire playstyle may have a 30% chance to become utterly (do-me) useless.

Gotcha.

How about we implement that every 3rd mob has a feat that 30% of the time resets the target's con/str/dex/int/wis/cha to 10? Can only be fixed with resting.

I can guarantee you it will give everyone a sense of pride and accomplishment. It will also prevent Bob the powerbuilder from powerbuilding.

Wait, it won't. Bob will find a build that doesn't use stats at all and still call the content easy and threaten he will quit if the content isn't made harder.

But still - everyone else will be able to appreciate the sense of pride and accomplishment.
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
Sun Wukong

Re: Idea to give a sense of pride and accomplishment

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

Hoihe wrote:I can guarantee you it will give everyone a sense of pride and accomplishment. It will also prevent Bob the powerbuilder from powerbuilding.

Wait, it won't. Bob will find a build that doesn't use stats at all and still call the content easy and threaten he will quit if the content isn't made harder.
Warlock 30, or basically any variation of a warlock build.
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

Come on Hoihe. I would think you can feel a HUGE sense of accomplishment. To take your builds and the way you play them, and get the adventure you want with all the server's mechanics working against you.

I will wait expectantly for the 2018 SS of you reading books in the maze.

Have fun out there
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

aaron22 wrote:Come on Hoihe. I would think you can feel a HUGE sense of accomplishment. To take your builds and the way you play them, and get the adventure you want with all the server's mechanics working against you.

I will wait expectantly for the 2018 SS of you reading books in the maze.

Have fun out there

According to people my builds are too dangerous and so powerful that they need 30% chance to be shutdown because of Player Choice.

As such, 2018 screenshot can be expected with a 30% delay.

2018 * 1.30 = 2623.4

And this is not calculating the so far experienced inflation in achieving a sense of pride and accomplishment.
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

Note that dispels fix is exactly because of 'your' style build where you only take ~13 levels of Wizard, the rest in fighter type classes and Shadow Dancer. This was relatively common before dispel fix. Either UMD (which also used character level) making F/WM/FB/R and high sneak attack characters immune to everything unless hit with breach/mords, or folks taking W8/F12/EK10 for 9th level spells and all the fighter feats, BAB26 for full APR and having no fear of dispels.

This is not a single player game and you do not play in a bubble. Just because you include self-imposed handicaps like making a W13/SB5/D7/SD5 which only gets BAB21 and level 7 spells, has crap for Attack Bonus without wards doesn't mean that is what others do... There are LOADS of CL~15-25 builds that, before the dispel fix were relatively immune to PvE. We aren't going back to that type of 'balance', no matter how many threads you create and how many different ways you state the same message.

As I have stated elsewhere, if you or your buddy would like to get some pointers on how to play Bladesinger or another lower-than-30 CL gish, feel free to reach out in game or on forums and I will be happy to give some pointers.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
metaquad4

Unread post by metaquad4 »

Aah, yes. The good old "when things aren't going my way and people are telling me I'm wrong, I think I'll just throw a tantrum."

Classic!
aka aplethoraof

2010 - 2023 (on permanent? leave)
Playing Arelith/NWN1 now. Still on discord (aplethoraof on discord).
Azrael

Unread post by Azrael »

...the fug is this post? :o

Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

Azrael wrote:...the fug is this post? :o

An attempt to instill a sense of pride and accomplishment.
metaquad4 wrote:Aah, yes. The good old "when things aren't going my way and people are telling me I'm wrong, I think I'll just throw a tantrum."

Classic!
One seems to forget that the Dispel Bug Fix solved the issue of OP arcane gishes...or any caster + melee combo that relied on the bug, which skewed the power balance of the Server.

CL 25 builds have now a 25-30% of being dispelled, and that balances out the FACT that these Builds would otherwise be indestructible war machines ROFL-stomping all Server content.

So now, if one chooses the Reward, you also take on the risk.

If you don't like the risk, it is also absolutely possible to exchange a little itsy-bitsy less power for CL 30.

THIS ALL COMED DOWN TO PLAYER CHOICE, sostopyourdamnwhiningandfigurethatshitoutyourself.
compare with https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... h=5997c5a5
EA wrote:The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.

As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.
Rain

Unread post by Rain »

I got an idea!

Oh i lost it.

Could you find it for me?
Cerebella Dreambreaker - Insectomancer

Larfleeze Keres Hamoa - Plague Doctor

Batibat Kok-Lir Kasdeya - The All-Seeing Eye

"The Ruined Queen" - Leader of The All-Seeing Eyes.

"For the night is dark, and full of terrors."
metaquad4

And yet, trolling doesn't exactly help your position. In-fact, it makes you look like a spoiled brat more than anything.

The only person you are disrespecting is yourself here. You really should be embarrassed that instead of trying to make a decent build and play the game, you think like a 4 year old and decide kicking and screaming in the grocery store isle is the best way to get your candy. I guess you must not have a lot of pride in yourself. The fact that you can't own up to the fact that no-one is gimping your build but you speaks to this as well.

You have an issue, but you don't take steps to fix it yourself. Either you lack the ability or you just don't want to create a build you enjoy playing. You certainly have a thousand and one excuses to try to actively NOT create a build you enjoy.

They aren't going to revert the dispel fix. That isn't changing. So get over it and grow up. The world isn't going to change to suit you, guess what: you aren't the only person in it. Stop acting like you are the only one that matters, you aren't by a long shot.

Try not gimping your builds for a change. When you want to help yourself and make a decent build, I'll be here to help (as will plenty others). But since history has shown that you -want- to gimp yourself, I'm skeptical that this will happen.

If you need an easier game, there is always The Sims.
aka aplethoraof

Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

metaquad4 wrote:And yet, trolling doesn't exactly help your position. In-fact, it makes you look like a spoiled brat more than anything.

The only person you are disrespecting is yourself here. You really should be embarrassed that instead of trying to make a decent build and play the game, you think like a 4 year old and decide kicking and screaming in the grocery store isle is the best way to get your candy. I guess you must not have a lot of pride in yourself. The fact that you can't own up to the fact that no-one is gimping your build but you speaks to this as well.

You have an issue, but you don't take steps to fix it yourself. Either you lack the ability or you just don't want to create a build you enjoy playing. You certainly have a thousand and one excuses to try to actively NOT create a build you enjoy.

They aren't going to revert the dispel fix. That isn't changing. So get over it and grow up. The world isn't going to change to suit you, guess what: you aren't the only person in it. Stop acting like you are the only one that matters, you aren't by a long shot.

Try not gimping your builds for a change. When you want to help yourself and make a decent build, I'll be here to help (as will plenty others). But since history has shown that you -want- to gimp yourself, I'm skeptical that this will happen.

The world decided to change when nobody asked it to to (do-me) me over.

And as said before -

I am not (do-me) whining alone. I'm just the only one who has grown bitter enough from the cadre of people I know to stand the pit of vitriol that are the forums.

There's folk who are debating either just quitting or abandoning their concepts because people believe in "providing players with a sense of pride and accomplishment."

If I wanted "pride and accomplishment", i could pour some good old vitriol on myself. Probably would hurt less.
metaquad4

You are whining. You just admitted it yourself, you are blaming your problems not on yourself (refusing to own your problem) but on "the world". You need to own up to the fact that you have the ability to change your predicament, but refuse to do so. No-one can help you if you refuse to help yourself.

And yet, of all this "mysterious crowd of discontents" you are the one who decided whining like a brat, trolling, and refusing to listen to anyone despite their good advise was the best route for you to go.

Amazing.
aka aplethoraof

Rain

Unread post by Rain »

metaquad4 wrote:

I'll have you know i have had my entire family die to the hands of random fire hazards in that game, more times then the number of pointable fingers i have!

*Shakes fist*

Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

metaquad4 wrote:You are whining. You just admitted it yourself, you are blaming your problems not on yourself (refusing to own your problem) but on "the world". You need to own up to the fact that you have the ability to change your predicament, but refuse to do so. No-one can help you if you refuse to help yourself.

And yet, of all this "mysterious crowd of discontents" you are the one who decided whining like a brat, trolling, and refusing to listen to anyone despite their good advise was the best route for you to go.

Amazing.
This mysterious crowd of discontents considers the forums a wretched hive of scum and villainy, and want nothing to do with it. Even when I advise them to give me a hand. A number have voiced intent to quit should permadeath ever be made mandatory. They never went on forums though, they don't even go near forums to check guild posts, due to fear of the vitriol that might splash on them. Same for those who agree with me regarding the dispel mess being ridiculous.

Edit: And a note.

Can I do stuff with my build? Yes. Should what I have to do to be able to do it be mandatory? (do-me) no.

That amount of over-preparation is for the "(#2) Hits the Fan" button. The "(#2) Hits the Fan" button can be pressed once or maybe twice. Sometimes even resting doesn't reset its use.

Using "(#2) has just hit the fan" playstyle just to do what others do with right clicks is a bit of a long demand.
Rain

Unread post by Rain »

Excellent.

You have people who back and/or have similar idea's to you.

So instead of complaining and making another thread in about half an hour about the same topic just in a different page.

How about you sit down with the dev team and ask for rational and debatable changes? (Im sure if you have people who agree that are not just you, you and yourself. The devs will give you an ear or two.)

Orrrrrrr. . . . . . .

I mean we could just sit here and debate over the open forums in the upcoming 5th thread you post hm?

Return to “Mechanics”