Thread of infinite appreciation!!

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Solaris

Re: Thread of infinite appreciation!!

Unread post by Solaris »

chad878262 wrote:
Solaris - Never a sweeter person who plays...less than sweet ( :twisted: ) PC's. All of your characters are so much fun to interact with, your artwork is beautiful and you are a wonderful person.
Hmm? Me? Mean characters? They are the sweetest with the darkest hearts *nodnod*

But likewise Chad! You truly add to the community! :)
“People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie because either they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it's true.”
AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor

Unread post by AlwaysSummer Day »

Appreciation to the volunteers here (all of you). You are paid less than Bently's waitresses yet somehow crank out more content than AAA developers. Mad props.
Roland; svirfneblin fist of the forest and eco terrorist.
Heinrich Von Rittermark; Everwatch Knights of Helm
Frederick Von Rittermark; Paladin of Azuth/Mystra
Erik Von Rittermark; Unknown
DM Golem

Unread post by DM Golem »

Thankyou to my third guinea pig!
metaquad4

Unread post by metaquad4 »

Shout-out to all the new and returning players who have been hanging around recently! I'm really happy to see so many faces bumping into each-other! You guys are seriously superb, keep coming back and RPing!
aka aplethoraof

2010 - 2023 (on permanent? leave)
Playing Arelith/NWN1 now. Still on discord (aplethoraof on discord).
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

I'd like to express my thanks to the devs and to the DMs for all their work lately.

Whenever we have a 100% RCR period, it generates a lot of "oops, I just accidentally ..." and "I tried this new thing and it's broke" PMs and Tells. Which is, of course, to be expected. And we're very glad that players report these things.

But the reason my gratitude is for the devs is because they have been doing an outstanding job patching things as bugs are identified, and the reason my gratitude is for the DMs is because they have taken on the extra workload with grace and patience.

So thank you to you all for helping to make this RCR period a success for the players.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

In short:
Thank you Soulcatcher for a well organized event

In detail:
It is great to see how not only we get better as a players but those around us including the dms do as well. Soulcatcher was always a great storyteller, however i found that in the past the combat was lacking a bit. Today I realized that this is a thing of the past.Well designed and prepared mobs following a set of rules, allowed us to find through the event their weaknesses and put together a plan for the final part based on what we found. It worked like acharm.

Every character, from a ranger ot a rogue to druids and mages played a part, so everyone felt satisfied in the end, not only because how the plot evolved but from the well balanced mechanics as well. Well played soulcatcher
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
Duster47
Retired Staff

Unread post by Duster47 »

Someone may appreciate bidding on a nearly mint set of DnD MM v3.5 and DMG v3.5:
-- sold/closed --
Last edited by Duster47 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
Duster47
Retired Staff

Unread post by Duster47 »

Someone may appreciate this knight-in-armour thing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142952289750
Could be great for table-top DnD. :geek:
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
Winterborne

Unread post by Winterborne »

I want to thank all the players, both new to the server and new to me, who I've roleplayed with in the past few weeks. You're all awesome and as someone who plays a character that's not very social it's always nice to meet new people.
Nathan Goldenmane - Guardian of Ilmater's Sanctuary, Mercy's Blade

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
Grendunor

Unread post by Grendunor »

Big shout out to DM Ink who's cranking out quality content and logging those hours as a DM. You made me put aside a dwarf for more than five minutes and enjoy playing an Arcane character.

Much love to my fellow players over at The Northen Watch, Radiant Heart, House Darius, The Chruch of Mystra, and Olar Dorth.

Oth: the fact you're willing to go along with an idea because it seems fun is great and you handled the Funeral of Oth like a champ. Rping with you is always fun and your character is a treasure for the server.

Nathan: How can anyone not love the socially awkward murder puppy. Your ability to blend jokes to serious RP is amazing and I hope to one day be as good at managing that as you are.

Fingal: Peaky Fooking Blinders mate. You're a big part of the reason I didn't wander off over the summer and do something else, Fingal is a great character to interact with and I'm glad I got to interact with him

Kitsy: You took a character who was supposed to be disposable and made them indispensable. KItsy' the loveable goofball who managed to wriggle her way into the hearts of everyone on the coast. 30 levels of Tyressan.

Jadoth: Whoever doesn't love the feral elf with wiggly ears just doesn't have a heart. I hope RL lets you join us for more silly adventures soon.

Wren Di'Corvi: Our character haven't always seen Eye-to-Eyes as it were but they always made for fantastic encounters. Keep on keeping on, maybe put up an electric fence around that fort of yours.

Ravial's 100 and 1 Elves: Your dedication to lore and knowledge of source material is impressive and it reflects in your characters who are firmly grounded and excellently played, you can always be counted on to give me that obscure lore tidbit that fleshes out a theme as well as telling me when I'm being a -error 404 profanity not found-. Bez pitlek you the best.

Invoker: Your characters are tops mate, I really enjoy meeting and interacting with them and their various personalities. The effort you put into showing me the various forms of tardation in my builds and helping me fix them is most appreciated.

CommandK: Dude, would not have stayed on Neverwinter nights 2 without you and several others who showed me how much fun this community and game could be.

Metaquad/Akhab: My fellow Canadian keep calm and carry on for CSIS is in the chemtrails, follow the census towards the money and a master must never touch his middle class. In all seriousness, though you're a great RPer and a good friend always willing to challenge me on tinfoil hattery.

DM Theo: Your events brought life into Kraak Helzak and made Grandpa Gren feel like a real character here on the server. My thanks to all the hours you logged responding to Pm's and setting up the Troll-Slime arch.

Wolfrayne: Mind the drop bears, you're always a sport about nicknames for otherwise very serious characters and happy to laugh OOC. Totally not broody and with his campfire lurking. Much love to you mate

Teris: All of your characters are great mate, I have no idea how you stay in character so well but you're a treat to RP with. Vudash saves the pretty ones.

Cinta: Thank you for all the RP and stepping into the role of leadership for the temple. I cast fireball at the paperwork.

If I missed you, in the words of varic "well (p00p)" I'll get you next time
To everyone else, thanks for all the RP.
- Gren
Oleander Stonehearth - Reluctant Hero
Layla Zaisis - The Lost Priestess
Ilinoril Spiritmoon - Emotional Support Elf
- And a cavalcade of retired characters

"EATSIES!!!" - The Troll-sage 2018
Calodan

Unread post by Calodan »

WOW guys and gals! I just want to say I will never cease to be amazed by the love, acceptance and compassion on this server that is not always seen!

To those today I had to flake out on but you showed show much compassion for me you have no idea what it means to me right now. I have been a sad hurtful human being for so long and in the last 2 months I have had so much happen it brought me to places I never knew existed in my heart and mind but has changed me. I am going through a very different way in my life right now and you all have made it easier for me with your acceptance.

With tears pouring down my face I thank this server and you special special people who have chosen to accept me all of these years despite my flaws. It has been everything I need right now.
Kory Sentinel
"We should take the army head on!"

"... it sounds like a terrible idea, but look at that smile."
"And he just sounds so confident ... he is a favored soul."
"Even if we don't survive, he will, and isn't that what matters?" -Red Lancer
Winterborne

Unread post by Winterborne »

Glad you're in a good spot man, you're always great to hang with and I'm only disappointed that our RL schedules don't allow for more of it.
Nathan Goldenmane - Guardian of Ilmater's Sanctuary, Mercy's Blade

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
Necromantis

Unread post by Necromantis »

I'd like to thank everyone for putting up with my complaining, and the moments I've felt like giving up on this place. And thank you for giving me compliments on my roleplaying. I'm usually not the kind of person that takes compliments well, or seriously. And thank you people, for putting up with the thousanth time someone tries to pick an argument concerning the Zhentarim in public. (heheh) Thank you to everyone that enjoys good dialogue and doesn't go straight to PvP. And thank you DM Team for processing the hundreds of messages I must've sent you, by now.

But mostly I'd like to thank the people I've (role)played with over the past two years and several months, for excellent stories and memories, even through times when things didn't go smoothly for everyone. If you've quit playing, for whatever reason, I hope you have a reason to laugh in your life.

<3
Yeah no, this place isn't worth it. I gave it one last shot, thanks to Wolfshear, but the Team Good bias is too strong. Enjoy the plot armor, the always winning, and roleplaying in a predictable world where char. development is nonexistant.

Enjoy playing basically Stardew Valley in NWN2, I guess.
thids

Unread post by thids »

<3

Now go make Zhentarim what it's supposed to be, a premium roleplay haven for those who enjoy scheming.
Lord Maximilian Blackthorne - retired
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

I don't know who did it, but thank YOU for the snowing in BG today!!

Can we have more of it? Please? <:D
?

Return to “Community”